Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › Project: Katharos (Pure) - NZXT Beta Evo Mod - April 2011 MOTM Winner!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Project: Katharos (Pure) - NZXT Beta Evo Mod - April 2011 MOTM Winner! - Page 26

post #251 of 651
Grills look very nice. Coming along awesome good work as usual. Merry Christmas
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4300Mhz Biostar TP67XE Waiting to buy a new one 8GB 1600Mhz 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 SSD [250GB] Antec H20 620 Windows 7 x64 Acer S242HL 
PowerCase
Thermaltake 775W NZXT Phantom [White] 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4300Mhz Biostar TP67XE Waiting to buy a new one 8GB 1600Mhz 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 SSD [250GB] Antec H20 620 Windows 7 x64 Acer S242HL 
PowerCase
Thermaltake 775W NZXT Phantom [White] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #252 of 651
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi3l View Post
Grills look very nice. Coming along awesome good work as usual. Merry Christmas
Thanks man! It was a nice surprise that the top came off so easy. And I had to hunt for those grills for like 2 months lol. Merry Christmas to you as well!
post #253 of 651
I bet it was hard to resist to continue modding at xmas with your incredibly hot looking case on it's way to perfection!
post #254 of 651
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph10m View Post
I bet it was hard to resist to continue modding at xmas with your incredibly hot looking case on it's way to perfection!
Yea its killing me, I am on vaca right now and I am so close to putting on the finishing touches its just killing me.... so close! But it will be all worth it.
post #255 of 651
Thread Starter 
So, I’ve been on vaca for a little while now and my wife got mono right before our vaca and guess who got it.... Yup isn’t sharing wonderful lol.

So I’ve had allot of down time because can’t really do much with mono, kind of makes you tired 24/7. I’ve been thinking of scratching the TRUE Black and getting a water cooling loop in there.

Now I believe the top 2 holes are too close to the motherboard, and a double rad in that area won’t fit. (at least I think, and I refuse to have any of it on top of the case) Which will leave me with a single 120 on the back; I would like to keep everything internal as to keep with the clean look. I figured the cheapest route for this would be a buy a dual rad rasa kit and an single rad at the same time then sell the dual rad to make up the difference.

But I’m not a water cooling guru so if anyone has any input please feel free. I need clean and cut parts, as I need to stick with the theme. The possibilities are there, but as always the budget is not.

Any input?
post #256 of 651
Keep up the good work buddy, you're doing a great job! I'm inspired by your design ideas and your motivation to pursue them. I subbed and definitely looking forwards to more modded goodness!
Loud Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X2 Asus M4a78 Plus EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 2 GB Kingston 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Spinpoint F4 - 1TB Windows 7 32-bit HP w1907 & Dell E153FP Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular Raidmax Smilodon Logitech MX-Revolution Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Loud Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X2 Asus M4a78 Plus EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 2 GB Kingston 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Spinpoint F4 - 1TB Windows 7 32-bit HP w1907 & Dell E153FP Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular Raidmax Smilodon Logitech MX-Revolution Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #257 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutro0 View Post
So, I’ve been on vaca for a little while now and my wife got mono right before our vaca and guess who got it.... Yup isn’t sharing wonderful lol.

So I’ve had allot of down time because can’t really do much with mono, kind of makes you tired 24/7. I’ve been thinking of scratching the TRUE Black and getting a water cooling loop in there.

Now I believe the top 2 holes are too close to the motherboard, and a double rad in that area won’t fit. (at least I think, and I refuse to have any of it on top of the case) Which will leave me with a single 120 on the back; I would like to keep everything internal as to keep with the clean look. I figured the cheapest route for this would be a buy a dual rad rasa kit and an single rad at the same time then sell the dual rad to make up the difference.

But I’m not a water cooling guru so if anyone has any input please feel free. I need clean and cut parts, as I need to stick with the theme. The possibilities are there, but as always the budget is not.

Any input?
If you get an RS120, it's not going to be enough to cool your i7. The RX120 will probably just about be enough, seeing as you're only putting 1.23v into it to get 4.2GHz (awesome, btw). But with only a 120 rad, you won't be able to add any GPU waterblocks.
Echo
(8 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K Asus Maximus V Gene Asus Radeon HD 7970 3GB Mushkin Blackline 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCaseOther
2x Samsung 830 256GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E BeQuiet E9-700w 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i3-3225 ASUS P8B75-MLX Corsair Ballistix Tactical Western Digital Red 
OSPowerCaseOther
Ubuntu Corsair CX500M Norco RPC-4224 LSI SAS 9207-4i4e HBA 
Other
Chenbro CK22804 24-Port SAS Expander Card 
  hide details  
Reply
Echo
(8 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K Asus Maximus V Gene Asus Radeon HD 7970 3GB Mushkin Blackline 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCaseOther
2x Samsung 830 256GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E BeQuiet E9-700w 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i3-3225 ASUS P8B75-MLX Corsair Ballistix Tactical Western Digital Red 
OSPowerCaseOther
Ubuntu Corsair CX500M Norco RPC-4224 LSI SAS 9207-4i4e HBA 
Other
Chenbro CK22804 24-Port SAS Expander Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #258 of 651
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Adz] View Post
If you get an RS120, it's not going to be enough to cool your i7. The RX120 will probably just about be enough, seeing as you're only putting 1.23v into it to get 4.2GHz (awesome, btw). But with only a 120 rad, you won't be able to add any GPU waterblocks.
Well the cooling loop is going to be for the i5 750 only (the i7 is my work computer), and I was thinking of getting the RX120, just worried about clearance and looks. You suppose a RX120 would be enough to cool just an
i5? And I don’t think I will be adding gpu blocks to this mod, I kind of like the heatsinks on the msi gts450's. So I’m just cooling the cpu. Any suggestions to another setup would be great as well, but I’m thinking the rasa route to be the cheapest and best.
post #259 of 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutro0 View Post
Well the cooling loop is going to be for the i5 750 only (the i7 is my work computer), and I was thinking of getting the RX120, just worried about clearance and looks. You suppose a RX120 would be enough to cool just an
i5? And I don’t think I will be adding gpu blocks to this mod, I kind of like the heatsinks on the msi gts450's. So I’m just cooling the cpu. Any suggestions to another setup would be great as well, but I’m thinking the rasa route to be the cheapest and best.
Value for money, the Rasa kit does pretty much top everything else out there, especially for a basic loop. The RX120 shouldn't have any difficulty with an i5.
The only concern is that nobody (as far as I can find) does the RX120 kit with the X2O 750 pump/dual-bay res. So you would have to do as you suggested earlier - buy the RS240 kit and the RX120, then sell the RS240 to offset the cost of the RX120.
Echo
(8 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K Asus Maximus V Gene Asus Radeon HD 7970 3GB Mushkin Blackline 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCaseOther
2x Samsung 830 256GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E BeQuiet E9-700w 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i3-3225 ASUS P8B75-MLX Corsair Ballistix Tactical Western Digital Red 
OSPowerCaseOther
Ubuntu Corsair CX500M Norco RPC-4224 LSI SAS 9207-4i4e HBA 
Other
Chenbro CK22804 24-Port SAS Expander Card 
  hide details  
Reply
Echo
(8 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K Asus Maximus V Gene Asus Radeon HD 7970 3GB Mushkin Blackline 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCaseOther
2x Samsung 830 256GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E BeQuiet E9-700w 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i3-3225 ASUS P8B75-MLX Corsair Ballistix Tactical Western Digital Red 
OSPowerCaseOther
Ubuntu Corsair CX500M Norco RPC-4224 LSI SAS 9207-4i4e HBA 
Other
Chenbro CK22804 24-Port SAS Expander Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #260 of 651
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Adz] View Post
Value for money, the Rasa kit does pretty much top everything else out there, especially for a basic loop. The RX120 shouldn't have any difficulty with an i5.
The only concern is that nobody (as far as I can find) does the RX120 kit with the X2O 750 pump/dual-bay res. So you would have to do as you suggested earlier - buy the RS240 kit and the RX120, then sell the RS240 to offset the cost of the RX120.
Yup and thats what I was thinking. Just seems a pain to have to do it that way, but in the end I should be able to sell that rad for 35 on ebay easy, or even on here you would think.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mod Work Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › Project: Katharos (Pure) - NZXT Beta Evo Mod - April 2011 MOTM Winner!