Anyone who wishes to join a team, please use the form below. anubis1127 will contact you to discuss all of the details.
Remember, at least 20 hours a day of Folding is required, as well as -bigadv for Hexacore Folders.
Support TC with a Sig Link:
How it Works (Click to show)
The Team Competition is an all month, every month competition. You fold one piece of hardware in the competition and join one team. There are 20 teams of 6 members. There are a total of 6 categories in the competition, so 1 person per team folds in one of the 6 categories. The total points of the team determines how well the team does in the standings.
There are 2 divisions of 10 teams each. Division I is the strongest teams. If a team finishes 10th in Division I, they automatically are demoted to Division II. The team that finishes 1st in Division II automatically moves up to Division I.
The team who finishes 2nd in Division II also has a chance to move up to Division I. If the 2nd place Division II team has a higher point total than 9th place in Division I, they move up to Division I, and 9th place in Division I is demoted to Division II.
Division III is comprised of 6 categories. There will be no teams, just individual 20/7 minimum folders. Division III will help teams fill vacant positions and have immediate access to temp folders. Eventually, as membership grows, the folders will prove themselves to be worthy of a spot on a team in Division I or II.
How the Competition Started
People folded, and then they folded together on a team. (Developing)
- bluedevil:bluedevil started the original team competition.
- zodac: zodac took over the team competition and grew it to 20 teams of 6 folders while tracking stats with spreadsheets, and then ultimately dictating our live stats system.
- AMD SLI guru: He started in January of 2012. He currently bakes us cookies!
- BWG: I started in March of 2012 and I'm kinda hooked now.
- axipher: He started June of 2012 and he's from Canada.
- sks72: sks crafted the back-end functionality of our Live Stats system and site.
- 1337Lutz: Lutz designed the front-end graphics of the Live Stats site.
A single member may only be part of one category; for example, that person may only Fold on an i7 or Fermi, not both.
Hex (Beta) must fold in Division III only and fold bigadv with up to a 16 core hack.
• 970/980/990 Bloomfield
i7 & i7-2
All teams must include two i7 Folders; both i7s may Fold -hugeadv.
• If you have a Gulftown Hexcore (i7 970/980/990) in i7-1, you may not have another in i7-2, and you may not have a 3770k in i7-2.
• 3930k/3930xs are currently not eligible for the TC, but we're looking into fitting them in. PM me if you really wanna take part. :)
• 3820 is eligible and treated as a 2600/2700k
Any one of the following:
• i5 2500k
• X6 Phenom
• Bloomfield CPU (i7 920-960)
• i5 3570k
*restricted to bigadv with an 8 core hack only!
Any Fermi or Kepler GPU not listed in Wildcard below.
Any AMD 5/6/7 series GPU.
Any one of the following:
• GTS 450
• Quad core CPU (excluding the ones listed in Cat3)
• GTX 460SE
• GTX 460
• GTX 465
• GTX 550Ti
• GTX 560 (non-Ti)
*If you have hardware that gets 10-16k PPD but isn't listed in Wildcard, please PM me to discuss an exception being made
Team Vacancies: A list of all team vacancies.
Looking to Join a Team: A form people fill out if interested in joining.
Team Competition Stats: Team Competition standings, individual stats, category stats etc.
The form is embedded into the post, but if for some reason you cannot see it here is a direct link.
Spreadsheet (Click to show)