Originally Posted by covert ash
- Three Asus 22" monitors - $145 x 3 = $435
- One more GTX 670 = ~$360
- One more GPU waterblock + backplate = $160
~$955 Triple 1440p:
- Two more Shimian monitors - $285 each x 2 = $570
- Two more GTX 670's - ~$360 x 2 = $720
- Two more GPU waterblocks + backplates = $320
- Asus P8Z77 WS motherboard (since my current board only has two PCIE x16 slots) = ~$300
I imagine it must feel like you are at the center of a critical mission trying to hack into a top secret government project with that quad monitor span, lol.
By the way, I like your idea A LOT better than my own above, lol!
And yes, go TEAM BROWN!
You can get a MIVE/Z, ud7 p67/z68, evga z68/p67, or WS revo p67 and all support three way sli (some do 8x/16x/16x or 8x/8x/16x). The plx is faster but not dramatically (unless you're a hardcore bencher) compared to the nf200. These are under $200 used, most are sitting ~$150, and if you look hard enough you can score one for ~$100-125. If I recall, Nvidia doesn't support pcie 3.0 so there's no advantage to run z77 and with a bios update these boards can run IB.
Look for the Sniper3. I've seen those used for a couple of months go for $220.
Its a pita that to get the most out of MMG you need to dump a lot of cash
.Edited by wermad - 9/12/12 at 1:20pm