My second gtx 680 FTW arrived today I installed it and I can get 2d going ok on desktop. However im struggling with the following issues.
No 3d Surround
BF3 running slow then fast then slowing down
Youtube videos are flickering green
Obviously i never had 3d surround before but the other 2 were working great feore i installed the second card.
This is what i done to install.
1. installed new gtx 680 into 3rd slot from cpu. original card installed in 1st slot from cpu (used 3 way sli bridge and connected all power requirements.
2. plugged Left monitor into DVI port using DVI dual link cable (into port on card with little plus sign)
3. load windows for first time
4. put in the driver CD even though Ive already installed the latest drivers (306.97 whql release date 10/10/2012)
installed SLI drivers as well.
5. open NVIDIA Control panel -> configuire SLI, Surround, PhysX.
clicked on -> Span Displays with surround ->configure. all configured for 2D
But I don't have any option for stereoscopic on the left hand side.
i tried swaping out the 2-way sli ribbon cable with 3-way sli hard adapter. - no difference to 3d surround or green flickering.
the only other thing i noticed is the 2 new monitors i purchased are lested as ASUS VG278HR note the R on the end because the original one i bought 3 months earlier from the same place is just a H on the in end (VG278H) vs (VG278HR). where i purchased them from listed them as VG278H and on the reciept it show VG278H. however i noticed one difference is the hdmi port has moved from being in line with the stand at the back to the left side on the new VG278HR. Also slight color difference.
Can someone please help me with this mess. i added some pictures if it helps and below is my rig Thanks
asus maximus v extreme
2x 680 FTW LE 4gb
AX 750 PSU
montors - 3x ASUS VG278H (2 of which are listed as VG278HR in control panel)