Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] nVidia Surround
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] nVidia Surround - Page 61

post #601 of 8948
This is a repost of a thread I had on the monitor section, I'm taking Paradigm Shifter's advice and posting it here (and also on the NVIDIA Forums).

Hey guys, I'm in the process of saving money to build myself a gaming/entertainment rig and I am 80% sure I want to go with a three monitor setup. I have all the components picked out except the monitors.

I was going to purchase three 27" monitors but I read in a thread on this board that 27" monitors are not as good for doing surround and eyefinity setups.. is this true?

If going with a 23-24" monitor would be the best can you recommend me the best monitor to purchase for 300-400$ each, same thing if going with a 27" doesn't matter. I'm mostly concerned with gaming in 2D, however, having the option for 3D would be great as well !

Also I have another noob question but can you watch movies over the three screens just like playing video games, I plan on purchasing a blue ray burner if that is possible, if not I can save about 70-80 bucks.

Thanks!

Just for some added info to aid you in your suggestions, the gaming I plan on doing most would be playing SWTOR/GW2/BF3. I'd prefer a smaller bezel for obvious reasons haha.
Lappie
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7-2630QM GTX 560m 2GB 8GB 1TB 
OS
Win 7 64-bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Lappie
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7-2630QM GTX 560m 2GB 8GB 1TB 
OS
Win 7 64-bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #602 of 8948
Just got my surround setup last week

post #603 of 8948
Thread Starter 
Ubeermench - added to group. Also, what game is that? And is that Dr. Pepper I spy behind the keyboard?

BaXT3R - when you get your setup, I'll add you to the group. Hopefully some of the other members will be able to chime in and offer their suggestions; particularly if you're tempted by 120Hz/3D Surround (those MSI Lightnings have 3GB of VRAM don't they?)

edit: Ah, no, the Lightnings are 1.5GB. It's the Lightning XE's that have 3GB...
Aoi
(20 items)
 
Midori
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 Gigabyte G1.Killer Guerilla GTX670 4GB SLI 24GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Velociraptor Samsung F1 Blu-ray XL Corsair H70 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell 2405FPW Dell U2410 Dell 2405FPW 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Silverstone Strider 1kw Corsair 700D 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Ozone XL Integrated Logitech G13 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570K Asus P8Z77-M Pro nVidia GTX680 Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSOS
WD Velociraptor 600GB Samsung DVD+RW Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Ubuntu Server Customised 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Triple Dell U2412M Sidewinder X6 Corsair TX750 Fractal Design R4 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
Aoi
(20 items)
 
Midori
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 Gigabyte G1.Killer Guerilla GTX670 4GB SLI 24GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Velociraptor Samsung F1 Blu-ray XL Corsair H70 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell 2405FPW Dell U2410 Dell 2405FPW 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Silverstone Strider 1kw Corsair 700D 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Ozone XL Integrated Logitech G13 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570K Asus P8Z77-M Pro nVidia GTX680 Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSOS
WD Velociraptor 600GB Samsung DVD+RW Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Ubuntu Server Customised 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Triple Dell U2412M Sidewinder X6 Corsair TX750 Fractal Design R4 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #604 of 8948
The exact card is MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 3072MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card. So yep it definitely has 3G of VRAM.

I wont be able to make any purchases until around the holidays but.. it is going to be one very merry Christmas for me!
Lappie
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7-2630QM GTX 560m 2GB 8GB 1TB 
OS
Win 7 64-bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Lappie
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7-2630QM GTX 560m 2GB 8GB 1TB 
OS
Win 7 64-bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #605 of 8948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
Ubeermench - added to group. Also, what game is that? And is that Dr. Pepper I spy behind the keyboard?

BaXT3R - when you get your setup, I'll add you to the group. Hopefully some of the other members will be able to chime in and offer their suggestions; particularly if you're tempted by 120Hz/3D Surround (those MSI Lightnings have 3GB of VRAM don't they?)

edit: Ah, no, the Lightnings are 1.5GB. It's the Lightning XE's that have 3GB...
WoW and of course!!!
post #606 of 8948
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaXT3R View Post
The exact card is MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 3072MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card. So yep it definitely has 3G of VRAM.

I wont be able to make any purchases until around the holidays but.. it is going to be one very merry Christmas for me!
Are you planning SLI, Tri-SLI or Quad-SLI?

If you have the components picked out, can yo link me to a thread with them, or go here and fill in the specs and have "Future Rig" or something as your system name?

Cheers,

Ishi
post #607 of 8948
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaXT3R View Post
This is a repost of a thread I had on the monitor section, I'm taking Paradigm Shifter's advice and posting it here (and also on the NVIDIA Forums).

Hey guys, I'm in the process of saving money to build myself a gaming/entertainment rig and I am 80% sure I want to go with a three monitor setup. I have all the components picked out except the monitors.

I was going to purchase three 27" monitors but I read in a thread on this board that 27" monitors are not as good for doing surround and eyefinity setups.. is this true?

If going with a 23-24" monitor would be the best can you recommend me the best monitor to purchase for 300-400$ each, same thing if going with a 27" doesn't matter. I'm mostly concerned with gaming in 2D, however, having the option for 3D would be great as well !

Also I have another noob question but can you watch movies over the three screens just like playing video games, I plan on purchasing a blue ray burner if that is possible, if not I can save about 70-80 bucks.

Thanks!

Just for some added info to aid you in your suggestions, the gaming I plan on doing most would be playing SWTOR/GW2/BF3. I'd prefer a smaller bezel for obvious reasons haha.
Hey I just want to invite you to join our SWTOR guild of OC'ers here. We were originally directly related to OCN, but due to some miscommunication our thread was taken down. But its still basically a guild of OC'ers so there's a familiar vibe there.
Everyone here is more than welcome (especially because I'd rather not be the only tri monitor setup in there lol) to join us!
 
Test Rig
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 ASUS P5N-T EVGA GT 430 Patriot PDC24G6400ELK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Enzotech SCW-REV.A Swiftech MCR320-QP-K x2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows7 Proffesional 64bit Acer 23" LCD Logitech G15 Corsair GS600 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom White Custom Mods Logitech G5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K ASUS P8P67 EVO Calibre GTX 480 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 LG DVD What ever is being tested Windows 7 professional 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" Generic High Power Astro PT 700w Antec 900/TBD 
MouseMouse Pad
ooold Microsoft POS Wood 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 SLI GTX Titans Samsung Green 30nm 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 3 240GB raid0 WD Caviar Black 1TB Dual Loop Water Cooling Windows7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Achieva Shimian 27" 1440p Acer 23" 1080p Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mech Enermax Max Revo 1350 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Enermax Fulmo GT Razer Naga EVGA Titan pad Logitec 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Test Rig
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 ASUS P5N-T EVGA GT 430 Patriot PDC24G6400ELK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Enzotech SCW-REV.A Swiftech MCR320-QP-K x2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows7 Proffesional 64bit Acer 23" LCD Logitech G15 Corsair GS600 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom White Custom Mods Logitech G5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K ASUS P8P67 EVO Calibre GTX 480 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 LG DVD What ever is being tested Windows 7 professional 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" Generic High Power Astro PT 700w Antec 900/TBD 
MouseMouse Pad
ooold Microsoft POS Wood 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 SLI GTX Titans Samsung Green 30nm 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 3 240GB raid0 WD Caviar Black 1TB Dual Loop Water Cooling Windows7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Achieva Shimian 27" 1440p Acer 23" 1080p Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mech Enermax Max Revo 1350 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Enermax Fulmo GT Razer Naga EVGA Titan pad Logitec 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #608 of 8948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
I had that when my 360 pads batteries were dying (before I got my G25) when playing... but I get a "similar" effect when I'm asking DiRT2 to run with too much detail.
What program do you use to run your X360 controller?

I have one of those X360 Arcade version thing that came with my phone for free, lol, and using the KB/M is pretty hard in Dirt3

Edit to add: Fixed Dirt 3 issues, just need to turn Vsync on! Woo

Turns out i can run this game maked on 2x 560Ti 2gb cards with 2x MSAA!! Wooo
Edited by Ishinomori - 7/29/11 at 12:11am
post #609 of 8948
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishinomori View Post
What program do you use to run your X360 controller?

I have one of those X360 Arcade version thing that came with my phone for free, lol, and using the KB/M is pretty hard in Dirt3

Edit to add: Fixed Dirt 3 issues, just need to turn Vsync on! Woo

Turns out i can run this game maked on 2x 560Ti 2gb cards with 2x MSAA!! Wooo
Awesome, mate.

Program? Just the MS drivers, and tweaking settings in control panel. Then setting things to controller in game. I'm sure I didn't do more than that...
Aoi
(20 items)
 
Midori
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 Gigabyte G1.Killer Guerilla GTX670 4GB SLI 24GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Velociraptor Samsung F1 Blu-ray XL Corsair H70 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell 2405FPW Dell U2410 Dell 2405FPW 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Silverstone Strider 1kw Corsair 700D 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Ozone XL Integrated Logitech G13 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570K Asus P8Z77-M Pro nVidia GTX680 Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSOS
WD Velociraptor 600GB Samsung DVD+RW Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Ubuntu Server Customised 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Triple Dell U2412M Sidewinder X6 Corsair TX750 Fractal Design R4 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
Aoi
(20 items)
 
Midori
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 Gigabyte G1.Killer Guerilla GTX670 4GB SLI 24GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Velociraptor Samsung F1 Blu-ray XL Corsair H70 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell 2405FPW Dell U2410 Dell 2405FPW 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Silverstone Strider 1kw Corsair 700D 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Ozone XL Integrated Logitech G13 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570K Asus P8Z77-M Pro nVidia GTX680 Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSOS
WD Velociraptor 600GB Samsung DVD+RW Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Ubuntu Server Customised 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Triple Dell U2412M Sidewinder X6 Corsair TX750 Fractal Design R4 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #610 of 8948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
Awesome, mate.

Program? Just the MS drivers, and tweaking settings in control panel. Then setting things to controller in game. I'm sure I didn't do more than that...
maked = Maxed btw, lol

Where do i get the MS drivers?
What do i need to do to run the controller? plug it in?

Cheers.

lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] nVidia Surround