Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] nVidia Surround
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] nVidia Surround - Page 888

post #8871 of 8970
Maybe you can attach the last one to your Integrated? (If you have a CPU with Integrated graphics)
post #8872 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoexo View Post

Maybe you can attach the last one to your Integrated? (If you have a CPU with Integrated graphics)

I believe the issue might be that I'm trying to connect 5 monitors to one 1080. Someone mentioned that they might be limited to four.

When I had it working before I believe I had two of my Surround monitors on the second 1080. Like this:



I'll try it tonight and report back.
post #8873 of 8970
The 1080's I have can only do "activate all displays" in SLI mode with only 1 CARD having all the monitors.... which is friustrating...
post #8874 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoexo View Post

The 1080's I have can only do "activate all displays" in SLI mode with only 1 CARD having all the monitors.... which is friustrating...

How many monitors do you have? How are you trying to configure them? Any in Surround?
post #8875 of 8970
I've got three monitors, and had two DVI and 1 HDMI, so naturally i plugged the two DVIs on both cards, then 1 HDMI to the first card.

Couldn't get SLI activated with all three monitors active. I could get Surround working, but with just two flex bridges, windows anniv update, and new 372.54 drivers...doing any 3D full screen (5760x1080) with that config just ended up dying...

Swapped out 1 DVI cable w/ another HDMI and plugged everything on the first card (ASUS ROG Strix GTX1080-A8G have two hdmi ports fortunately) and then that allowed it to work... SLI w/ All displays active worked... Surround worked w/ working games...
post #8876 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoexo View Post

I've got three monitors, and had two DVI and 1 HDMI, so naturally i plugged the two DVIs on both cards, then 1 HDMI to the first card.

Couldn't get SLI activated with all three monitors active. I could get Surround working, but with just two flex bridges, windows anniv update, and new 372.54 drivers...doing any 3D full screen (5760x1080) with that config just ended up dying...

Swapped out 1 DVI cable w/ another HDMI and plugged everything on the first card (ASUS ROG Strix GTX1080-A8G have two hdmi ports fortunately) and then that allowed it to work... SLI w/ All displays active worked... Surround worked w/ working games...

My EVGA HB bridge just arrived today. Should be waiting in my mailbox. I've been using the two flex bridges until now, and avoiding the anniversary update like the plague.

I went FE with my cards, so 3 DP + 1 HDMI + 1 DVI. 5760x1080 isn't bad. I played 6044x1200 (bezel adjusted) for a few years and really enjoyed it.
post #8877 of 8970
By doing this:



It designates the Surround monitors as being on my second 1080. I need to figure out how to have two of the Surround monitors on the second card, but still think that it's on the first.


You have to have the Accessory monitors on the same card as the Primary Surround. I'm close...
post #8878 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoexo View Post

Maybe you can attach the last one to your Integrated? (If you have a CPU with Integrated graphics)

What if I did 3 Surround + 2 Accessory off the 1080s (which I already have working), and then did the 6th with a USB-C to HDMI adaptor?

I might give that a go.
post #8879 of 8970
that sounds expensive. USB-C >> HDMI? i know the 3.0 usb >> DVI 1080P IOGears we use at work are $50+
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8880 of 8970
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

that sounds expensive. USB-C >> HDMI? i know the 3.0 usb >> DVI 1080P IOGears we use at work are $50+

It was $40. If that fails I might try to pick up a passively cooled GPU for $50-100.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] nVidia Surround