CPU & Polishing - 4/1/2011
It has been awhile since I have given an update. Sorry about that, been feeling pretty crummy the last two weeks. Also, I have not heard from the insurance yet, however they have to reply by April 6th, which is 30 days after the request. Then I can finally get the surgery and get back to a normal life
I have to thank AMD for sending me a 1100T CPU. Originally they were going to send me a 1090T CPU, but since the 1100T CPU come out, they sent me the updated CPU. Thank you AMD!!! Here is a pic.
Since I polished all the edging, I decided to polish all the brass. This turned out to be more work then I expected. First I polished everything, and the pieces with the electro-etching came out great. The blank pieces of brass didn't come out to well. So I had to start all over with the blanks and started sanding. Here are the pics after the first polishing.
It hard to see on the flat pieces, but there are small scratches everywhere. It is easier to see on the pyramids. So I got the sander out and started sanding. Here are some pics of the sanded pieces.
After the sanding came the polishing. This time there were no scratches on the brass pieces. Here are some pics after the polishing.
After the small pieces was done, I had to do the large piece of brass (36â€x24â€) that will go on top of the Temple. This was a pain to do, since working with a large piece with a small buffer takes some strong arm work. The good thing is I got it done, and only need to clean off the polishing compound form the piece. Here are some pics of the work.
When polishing the brass pieces, I got some wood pieces painted flat black. This is to neutralize the wood, if some how you could see it through the exterior covering, i.e. painted veneer panels or brass plating/edging. Here are the doors and top painted.
To make the brass holding pieces for the external drives and panel, I had to make some measurements. I got one of the 5970 cards and did some quick measurements to know where I can put things. Now I can order the brass sheets. Also I got a 18â€ metal brake to help making the brass drive holders.