Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › New to folding, and I have some questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New to folding, and I have some questions

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
My name is Kenny_Thompson I guess. I am kinda confused here. I downloaded the program, entered my name, and the team name, so what now is it folding? I thought you had to click the run program thing and type something in to fold. PM me if you think you can help me out a bit.
Crusher.Destroyer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K SABERTOOTH Z77 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Gskill DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250gb WD 500gb WD Cooler Master something or other....it's BIG. Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" Samsung Smart TV LED Wireless GE 600W NZXT  
Mouse
Wireless GE 
  hide details  
Reply
Crusher.Destroyer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K SABERTOOTH Z77 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Gskill DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250gb WD 500gb WD Cooler Master something or other....it's BIG. Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" Samsung Smart TV LED Wireless GE 600W NZXT  
Mouse
Wireless GE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagaos
My name is Kenny_Thompson I guess. I am kinda confused here. I downloaded the program, entered my name, and the team name, so what now is it folding? I thought you had to click the run program thing and type something in to fold. PM me if you think you can help me out a bit.
Once you install it it will start folding, and will place a red icon in your icon tray. Right click on it and select display to show it's progress. Also Select config from that menu and make sure your name and team number are correct. Your name won't show up in the list until your first work unit (WU) is completed and uploaded which will happen automatically if everything is workiing correctly.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Pentium D 955 EE Intel D975XBX Windows XP Pro/SUSE Linux Dual Dell 2001FP & 193FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Unicomp model "M" PC Power&Cooling 510 ASL Silverstone TJ07 Microsoft Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Pentium D 955 EE Intel D975XBX Windows XP Pro/SUSE Linux Dual Dell 2001FP & 193FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Unicomp model "M" PC Power&Cooling 510 ASL Silverstone TJ07 Microsoft Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Once you install it it will start folding, and will place a red icon in your icon tray. Right click on it and select display to show it's progress. Also Select config from that menu and make sure your name and team number are correct. Your name won't show up in the list until your first work unit (WU) is completed and uploaded which will happen automatically if everything is workiing correctly.
OH, ok thats the problem...I didn't finish my work unit. My team # is 37726, and I am working under the name of Kenny_Thompson
I have been running on the highest settings all night, and plan to run it all day on the system I am using right now. I started yesterday night, and my first work unit is going to be done today. Is it good to have everything on the highest settings? Like all the bars on the "configure" in display and advanced tabs are to their highest is that good?
Crusher.Destroyer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K SABERTOOTH Z77 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Gskill DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250gb WD 500gb WD Cooler Master something or other....it's BIG. Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" Samsung Smart TV LED Wireless GE 600W NZXT  
Mouse
Wireless GE 
  hide details  
Reply
Crusher.Destroyer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K SABERTOOTH Z77 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Gskill DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250gb WD 500gb WD Cooler Master something or other....it's BIG. Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" Samsung Smart TV LED Wireless GE 600W NZXT  
Mouse
Wireless GE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagaos
OH, ok thats the problem...I didn't finish my work unit. My team # is 37726, and I am working under the name of Kenny_Thompson
I have been running on the highest settings all night, and plan to run it all day on the system I am using right now. I started yesterday night, and my first work unit is going to be done today. Is it good to have everything on the highest settings? Like all the bars on the "configure" in display and advanced tabs are to their highest is that good?
On the Advanced Tab, just run with Core Priority of "Lowest Possible" and CPU Usage Percent 100 and it will finish as fast as it can, yet allow you to use your computer normally. These things are very compute intensive, that's why they take so long.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Pentium D 955 EE Intel D975XBX Windows XP Pro/SUSE Linux Dual Dell 2001FP & 193FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Unicomp model "M" PC Power&Cooling 510 ASL Silverstone TJ07 Microsoft Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Pentium D 955 EE Intel D975XBX Windows XP Pro/SUSE Linux Dual Dell 2001FP & 193FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Unicomp model "M" PC Power&Cooling 510 ASL Silverstone TJ07 Microsoft Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
OK, thanks for letting me know that!
Crusher.Destroyer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K SABERTOOTH Z77 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Gskill DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250gb WD 500gb WD Cooler Master something or other....it's BIG. Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" Samsung Smart TV LED Wireless GE 600W NZXT  
Mouse
Wireless GE 
  hide details  
Reply
Crusher.Destroyer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K SABERTOOTH Z77 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Gskill DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250gb WD 500gb WD Cooler Master something or other....it's BIG. Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" Samsung Smart TV LED Wireless GE 600W NZXT  
Mouse
Wireless GE 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › New to folding, and I have some questions