Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Starcraft 2 Strategy & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Starcraft 2 Strategy & Discussion Thread - Page 1984

post #19831 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppytheman View Post

No one cares about rank numbers. Sc2ranks.com keep tracks of ranks. And your point = MMR I think which are comparable cross division I think. I dont really remember or care at all about any of that.
That's the point I'm trying to make. The current "ranking" system is useless and irrelevant compared to the old system.

And your MMR is not equal to your points. That is incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppytheman View Post

No. Just No.
There is a reason why those same people and everyone recommend a macro game to learn and not to go cheese. Cheesing is almost as bad as playing random. If someone is below diamond, let alone masters, they are not going to benefit from playing cheese games as their predominant form of learning. If you are not diamond you should be focusing on mechanics and macro and very basic strategy and unit counters because you need those skill the most. You see more of the game and learn more and faster by playing standard. People who cheese often hit walls or remain bad at the game even if they do get masters or higher, and Im sure a lot of these people turn to cheating to win after cheesing doesnt work which is why we have so many map hackers.
There are more than enough cheesers trying to get ez wins on ladder already and these people make the ladder a worse place. A lot of times you don't learn anything from the cheese, except small things within the cheese and maybe micro. Its easier to refine some short game cheese build than it is to play a macro game. Macro games improve everything and since you are playing best of one on ladder that is full of no skill cheesers you can't cut corners to macro.
If you cheese all the time you play a narrow vane of the game. If you play macro you are going to get half macro games and half defending cheese and learn everything.

I'm not saying to cheese every game. I'm saying to understand cheese is part of the game and it doesn't make the ladder a "worse place" as you say. If you read the post/the article, you would see it's more about how to grow yourself mentally. Because a lot of people impose these made-up-mental-rules on themselves/others, when really there are no rules in Starcraft, the only objective is to win.

It saddens me to see that with the growth of SC2 in the west (compared to BW in the west), people are condemning wins because it doesn't fall under their predefined notion of "how to play." Boxer's BW career was "cheesy" as fu*ck, he bunker rushed YellOw 3 times in a row in a best-of-5 in the semis, for christ-sake. Because you do whatever it takes to win and that's the mentality the Koreans have. He's the cheesiest amongst the bonjwas, but he's still the original bonjwa and still revered as one of the greatest of all time, even though he couldn't macro to save his life.

You can play how you want to play. Macro to your hearts content, if you wish. I am simply saying people shouldn't limit themselves with how they think games should be played, and instead, focus on whatever it takes to win.

Again, the post wasn't about how you should learn to play the game because I agree: people should start off learning to macro first. The post and article was about how to grow yourself mentally and to open your eyes to how the game really is.

I've never been to a tournament where there was a prize for the winner and another prize for the player who macro'd the best/kept his money the lowest/took more expansions. There is only a prize for the winner.
post #19832 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti!! View Post

I want to soooooooooooo bad...
You know, us four (yks, snelan, hometownhero, and myself) are all in the same skill range. It would make for a sweet 1v1 customs night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yks View Post

But you guys play OP Zerg, so you're like +100 skill points compared to us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti!! View Post

Wow. Just wow. I have never used OP as an excuse. Lol even when terran was the end all be all.


I stand by what I said: OP Zerg! OP Zerg! ;]

Then again, I do have a winning record against all of you guys. But Zergs still OP.

=]
post #19833 of 25319
This is my theory why people think Zerg is OP.


Zerg is hard to play, you have to do everything right. Nothing exists for Zerg like a 4 gate, warp ins, or drop ships.

The people that play Zerg the exact right way and don't make mistakes win all the time, but this is VERY hard to do. It is these people that you see winning. However, I bet you over 50% of the Zerg players suck. We don't see these people, only the people that win a bunch as Zerg. Because of this, we think all Zergs win all the time, because we are not seeing the other half.

Basically, Zerg is better if you can play it right. However, the skill it takes to completely master Zerg and deal with all the crap Terran and Protoss throw at you is much higher than mastering Protoss or Terran, thus it evens out. Also, I feel like Terrans and Toss' just do the same crap all the time, it's easy to spot and defend. Helions? Yawn. 2 base all in? The usual...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H-WB Golden GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2 x 4GB GSkill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 64GB- WD Caviar Black 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Dell U2311H IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
xArmor iOne U9BL MX Blues Seasonic x750 LIAN LI PC-T60B Logitech G500 
Audio
Modded JVC HA-RX900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H-WB Golden GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2 x 4GB GSkill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 64GB- WD Caviar Black 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Dell U2311H IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
xArmor iOne U9BL MX Blues Seasonic x750 LIAN LI PC-T60B Logitech G500 
Audio
Modded JVC HA-RX900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19834 of 25319
You can pretty much say that about any race.
post #19835 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by yks View Post

You can pretty much say that about any race.

I just feel like it's detrimental to the game to keep blaming races for being OP. Are we Grandmaster? No. Can we blame a race for our loss? No.

Granted I did quit this game after realizing I wasn't having fun...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H-WB Golden GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2 x 4GB GSkill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 64GB- WD Caviar Black 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Dell U2311H IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
xArmor iOne U9BL MX Blues Seasonic x750 LIAN LI PC-T60B Logitech G500 
Audio
Modded JVC HA-RX900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H-WB Golden GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2 x 4GB GSkill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 64GB- WD Caviar Black 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Dell U2311H IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
xArmor iOne U9BL MX Blues Seasonic x750 LIAN LI PC-T60B Logitech G500 
Audio
Modded JVC HA-RX900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19836 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by snelan View Post

This is my theory why people think Zerg is OP.
Zerg is hard to play, you have to do everything right. Nothing exists for Zerg like a 4 gate, warp ins, or drop ships...

Yeah zerg has no 6-8 pool that can hit the base before a zealot gets out if you chrono rolleyes.gif


Typical zerg who is OP and wants to think they're underpowered unless they play perfectly, when really you don' t play perfectly your race is OP


Mutas .....
Infestors...........
BROODS (even the pros call them GGLords)
Edited by CravinR1 - 8/23/12 at 5:52pm
post #19837 of 25319
This is why I quit SC2, too much complaining and crying.

How can a game be fun if all people ever do is argue over it. All I said was people should stop blaming race imbalances and enjoy the game.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H-WB Golden GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2 x 4GB GSkill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 64GB- WD Caviar Black 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Dell U2311H IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
xArmor iOne U9BL MX Blues Seasonic x750 LIAN LI PC-T60B Logitech G500 
Audio
Modded JVC HA-RX900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H-WB Golden GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2 x 4GB GSkill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 64GB- WD Caviar Black 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Dell U2311H IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
xArmor iOne U9BL MX Blues Seasonic x750 LIAN LI PC-T60B Logitech G500 
Audio
Modded JVC HA-RX900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19838 of 25319
No, snelan is correct. Words like OP is cancerous. And should never be used. Wise words of TLO.

I was just teasing Anti/Nydus
post #19839 of 25319
Zerg players are homosexual


............. wink.gif
post #19840 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by yks View Post

No, snelan is correct. Words like OP is cancerous. And should never be used. Wise words of TLO.
I was just teasing Anti/Nydus

Haha oh I know, I just don't want people getting ideas biggrin.gif

I may start playing random though once HOTS comes out, that might make it more enjoyable.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H-WB Golden GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2 x 4GB GSkill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 64GB- WD Caviar Black 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Dell U2311H IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
xArmor iOne U9BL MX Blues Seasonic x750 LIAN LI PC-T60B Logitech G500 
Audio
Modded JVC HA-RX900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Gigabyte Z77-UD5H-WB Golden GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2 x 4GB GSkill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 64GB- WD Caviar Black 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Dell U2311H IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
xArmor iOne U9BL MX Blues Seasonic x750 LIAN LI PC-T60B Logitech G500 
Audio
Modded JVC HA-RX900 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Starcraft 2 Strategy & Discussion Thread