Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Starcraft 2 Strategy & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Starcraft 2 Strategy & Discussion Thread - Page 380

post #3791 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiru View Post
Oh. I thought you were talking about the headphones that the progamers were using. Dimaga and White Ra were definitely not using those.
Yeah, I'm referring to those.

Regardless, what the heck is up with Loner, is MMM his only game?
post #3792 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdek View Post
Yeah, I'm referring to those.

Regardless, what the heck is up with Loner, is MMM his only game?
huh? He had vikings and tanks. Besides MMM is great against gateway units, vikings are great for colossus and tanks provide great support. Why go for another strategy if it works well?

Fantastic games so far. HTs and colossus are sooo powerful especially when you have 3-4 of them supported by zealots+stalkers
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3793 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan View Post
huh? He had vikings and tanks. Besides MMM is great against gateway units, vikings are great for colossus and tanks provide great support. Why go for another strategy if it works well?

Fantastic games so far. HTs and colossus are sooo powerful especially when you have 3-4 of them supported by zealots+stalkers
Yeah he finally started getting tanks, but every game I've seen from loner at blizzcon is him going MMM heavy.

That Immortal drop on top of the siege tanks was pretty awesome by Nexgenius.
post #3794 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdek View Post
Yeah he finally started getting tanks, but every game I've seen from loner at blizzcon is him going MMM heavy.

That Immortal drop on top of the siege tanks was pretty awesome by Nexgenius.
I agree, he goes heavy MMM but that's because it's such a great counter for gateway units. It's main weakness is colossi, but, then again, he counters those with vikings, so, a good plan for sure. NexGenius was just the better player especially with his scouting. I mean he had his observer in loner's base for most of the game, so, he knew exactly when he was going to push out and what he was making. One thing I am surprised about is dts, I mean I know they cost a large amount of gas, but, adding in some of them would greatly increase damage done and I doubt loner will scan during the battle, since, his units are dying left and right. He could've also done a drop using them on his main in the Xelnaga map and took out most scvs before loner could react. Of course, there are other factors to take into account
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3795 of 25319
Loner definitely had that last game in the bag... sad to see him lose. Ah well. He needed more siege tanks.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 @ 4.0 Asus Sabertooth X58 MSI GTX580 Twin Frozer II 3x2gb G.Skill DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 Home Pro x64 Optiquest Q2162wb Leopold Tenkeyless Otaku Cherry MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
HX850 Antec 902 Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 950 @ 4.0 Asus Sabertooth X58 MSI GTX580 Twin Frozer II 3x2gb G.Skill DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 Home Pro x64 Optiquest Q2162wb Leopold Tenkeyless Otaku Cherry MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
HX850 Antec 902 Razer Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3796 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan View Post
I agree, he goes heavy MMM but that's because it's such a great counter for gateway units. It's main weakness is colossi, but, then again, he counters those with vikings, so, a good plan for sure. NexGenius was just the better player especially with his scouting. I mean he had his observer in loner's base for most of the game, so, he knew exactly when he was going to push out and what he was making. One thing I am surprised about is dts, I mean I know they cost a large amount of gas, but, adding in some of them would greatly increase damage done and I doubt loner will scan during the battle, since, his units are dying left and right. He could've also done a drop using them on his main in the Xelnaga map and took out most scvs before loner could react. Of course, there are other factors to take into account
He's retarded. Every single game he went MMM, every single game nexgenius went Colossi. WTH!?!?

I agree on the DTs, but they're expensive and NG was going Colossi + Stalkers + Sentries which is really gas heavy.
post #3797 of 25319
ROFL @ the closing ceremony!

"Winning this tournament wasn't that hard"

"I just laddered and played with friends who are good"
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3798 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiru View Post
ROFL @ the closing ceremony!

"Winning this tournament wasn't that hard"

"I just laddered and played with friends who are good"
LOL I take it this is the first time tasteless and day-9 have done something like this. GG Blizzard, GG.

According to someone on TL, this is what he actually said:

Quote:
Q: How are you feeling after your first place win at Blizzcon?

NEXGenius: I feel like I'm flying!

Q: What did you do to practice for this tournament?

NEXGenius: I played ladder games, and I practiced with a few friends.

Q: What was the hardest moment of this entire tournament for you?

NEXGenius: It was really hard, but I thought first place was definitely possible.

P.S. Last question the "translator" asked the wrong question and even mistranslated NEXGenius' answer.

Edited by vdek - 10/23/10 at 6:18pm
post #3799 of 25319
Well I started playing Random instead of Zerg only.
I've totally destroyed my record in the last two days, but since I'm in Bronze i don't really care.

I figure that learning the other two races will pay off in the long run and make me a better player overall.
Plus it is way more fun this way. Really enjoying Protoss at the moment.
AMD 720 System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 2 X3 720 BE @ 3.3 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H HIS IceQ HD4870 4G DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaw @ 1333Mhz 
OSMonitorPower
Linux/Windows 7 32-bit dual boot Samsung 2053BW 20" OCZ StealthXstream 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD 720 System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 2 X3 720 BE @ 3.3 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H HIS IceQ HD4870 4G DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaw @ 1333Mhz 
OSMonitorPower
Linux/Windows 7 32-bit dual boot Samsung 2053BW 20" OCZ StealthXstream 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3800 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
Loner definitely had that last game in the bag... sad to see him lose. Ah well. He needed more siege tanks.
I don't know. At one point back when the exp for NexusGenius was almost done, loner might have been able to take that game, but, once NexusGenius had those colossi, it was just too difficult. He went marauder heavy and they are countered by zealots which Genius made a lot of. Such a killer combo though. I've been attacked by zealots+stalkers+1-2immortals+2colossi before and they wiped my slings+roaches+hydras army with a decent # of stalkers and both colossi surviving. Probably my fault for fighting at a choke

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdek View Post
He's retarded. Every single game he went MMM, every single game nexgenius went Colossi. WTH!?!?

I agree on the DTs, but they're expensive and NG was going Colossi + Stalkers + Sentries which is really gas heavy.
The thing is, it works well if he makes the right choices. He was keeping on par with Genius however I think he made a couple of mistakes. Like the xelnaga map, he sieged up right as the colossi attacked which meant that his tanks didn't do any damage and were taken out. His use of banshees was good, but, again he made the mistake of getting it killed after taking out < 4 probes which means that he was set back economically. He made some more mistakes as well, but, those two come to mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiru View Post
ROFL @ the closing ceremony!

"Winning this tournament wasn't that hard"

"I just laddered and played with friends who are good"
lol, but, to be fair, I think the translator wasn't correctly translating what was said. True, there are language barriers, but, he could fixed the wording, not that I mind, since, everyone understood what was said for the most part

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdek View Post
LOL I take it this is the first time tasteless and day-9 have done something like this. GG Blizzard, GG.

According to someone on TL, this is what he actually said:
Thanks for the TL thing
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Starcraft 2 Strategy & Discussion Thread