Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Starcraft 2 Strategy & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Starcraft 2 Strategy & Discussion Thread - Page 793

post #7921 of 25319
I like watching Zerg but then again, I'm a Zerg player. However, it's from watching Zerg play that sparked my interest to even play them.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
Reply
post #7922 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainesk View Post
I have a random question! (surprise, surprise)

what race is the most exciting for you to watch playing?

is it the race you play, or something like the least played race?

reason i'm asking is because before I got SC2 I was more excited by Protoss games (probably since they were my fave in SC1), but now that I play Terran in SC2, i'm more excited watching Terran players just because I think I might learn something new...
I like watching zerg or protoss.

But most of all, I love watching this dude:
http://www.justin.tv/steven_bonnell_ii

epic lols and raging is guaranteed.
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7923 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan View Post
So do I. It's annoying having to write a page of response only to have someone write a line or two. I think from now on, I'm going to start ignoring posts that don't read my post and instead think it's interesting to critize my gameplay based on a couple of games they've seen.
Because couple of games is enough. Every player makes some blunders or may just get unlucky, but you're doing the same fundamental mistakes every game. The funny thing is how much advice you give to other players while you can't employ them in your own games. All we're trying to do is to point it out to help you improve. I bet everyone hopes that our jokes will just motivate you to get better. You shouldn't take it personally or feel offended in any way. If anything you should be happy of how much support you receive here.
buka
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
buka
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
post #7924 of 25319
Just from looking at BigFan's profile, he just hasn't played enough games. Theoreycrafting only works so far. Play more and you get better, simple.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 @ 3.8 GA-X58A-UD3R EVGA GTX 460 GSkill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 6gb SSD Windows 7 64Bit Acer 24" Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja tenkeyless 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TP-750 Antec 900 Razer Abyssus Steelseries QCK mass 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 @ 3.8 GA-X58A-UD3R EVGA GTX 460 GSkill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 6gb SSD Windows 7 64Bit Acer 24" Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja tenkeyless 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TP-750 Antec 900 Razer Abyssus Steelseries QCK mass 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7925 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsagna View Post
^ Cool story bro's (without reading much of this thread..lol)
.....
Have they reset the ranks or anything since game released? Like I said, I played maybe 10games and that was it.
XD Reset coming on Jan 2 with the latest patch. You can always go for the five placement matches and grind a bit till then. Can't play atm because going to be leaving my house soon enough, but, I'm down for some games later tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks View Post
BigFan, BigFan, BigFan... Doom loves you... A LOT

He probably wants to see you improve more than you want to improve; at a rate that's easily plausible. Why else would he reply in paragraphs (most the times), and give you links to videos (day9), and tell you of techniques (magic box), and tells you micro and macro mistakes (4k money, baneling into thors/raudders)

Makes me jealous, I wish Doom loves me like that. No-Homo.
XD

Thing is, while I appreciate the help, I've already heard of the different techniques, know about my problems of scouting, expanding and spending, know about day9, husky, HD, etc.... Comparing it to when I first started SC2, it's valuable info but considering I've been playing this game for half a year now, I've already read about all this stuff.

Do you have any idea of how effort I put into my posts to make sure they are concise, straight to the point and lack mistakes(as much as possible, research stats, etc....)? I can't give you a specific time because it varies, but, I can tell you that it definitely doesn't take me a minute or two to write a post in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiru View Post
Doom hates me
lol, well when you defected to BC2, who doesn't? Jk, it's fine though, I understand you needed the break, starting to think I should take one

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmMure View Post
**** just got alittle gay in here LOL
XD Don't look at me, I'm just getting tired of having to answer every post critizing my game with 3-4 paragraphs trying to explain or show why I said so and so which is why I decided not to anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainesk View Post
I have a random question! (surprise, surprise)

what race is the most exciting for you to watch playing?

is it the race you play, or something like the least played race?

reason i'm asking is because before I got SC2 I was more excited by Protoss games (probably since they were my fave in SC1), but now that I play Terran in SC2, i'm more excited watching Terran players just because I think I might learn something new...
What a random question Exciting, hmm. Really, I don't have one. I like watching games of all races equally, all are interesting IMO. Guess this explains why I went random

Quote:
Originally Posted by poroboszcz View Post
Because couple of games is enough. Every player makes some blunders or may just get unlucky, but you're doing the same fundamental mistakes every game. The funny thing is how much advice you give to other players while you can't employ them in your own games. All we're trying to do is to point it out to help you improve. I bet everyone hopes that our jokes will just motivate you to get better. You shouldn't take it personally or feel offended in any way. If anything you should be happy of how much support you receive here.
Sorry but I disagree. Couple of games means squat when we consider I've played over 200 games between all the 3 races and customs so far, some better than others. I still have problems in my game, but, I'm nowhere near as bad as when I first started. FYI, you don't need to be a perfect player to give advice as long as the advice you give will help and is valid. Example, don't give something like, get phenoixes for hydras kind of advice, but, immortals and stalkers for roaches is a much better advice IMO. You can't seriously tell me I need to be diamond level to give that kind of advice

Anyone else surprised at all the one basing that FD did in GSL 3? Trying to break through on LT was just hilarious XD
Edited by BigFan - 12/29/10 at 10:41am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7926 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainesk View Post
I have a random question! (surprise, surprise)

what race is the most exciting for you to watch playing?

is it the race you play, or something like the least played race?

reason i'm asking is because before I got SC2 I was more excited by Protoss games (probably since they were my fave in SC1), but now that I play Terran in SC2, i'm more excited watching Terran players just because I think I might learn something new...
I never really go by race, for me, it depends on whats going on in the game or the map.

An example for maps: TvT on LT... BORINGGGG, but TvT on Scrap? Heck yeah! Abuse those rocks and short air.

An example for what's going on in the game: Two Macro-Esque players going at it with small skirmishes in between? Boringggggg. Leenock vs Clide on Shakuras? HECK YEAH.
post #7927 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed5 View Post
Just from looking at BigFan's profile, he just hasn't played enough games. Theoreycrafting only works so far. Play more and you get better, simple.
While true, I theorycraft based on other peoples as well as my own experiences, so, it's not exactly crafting. I pretty much state what I know to be true, as in marines for VRs, try to block zerg exp with pylon/engineering bay, etc.... I do agree though, I need to play more games, need to get my T/P at least to my Z level and then get promoted to gold after that
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7928 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by yks View Post
I never really go by race, for me, it depends on whats going on in the game or the map.

An example for maps: TvT on LT... BORINGGGG, but TvT on Scrap? Heck yeah! Abuse those rocks and short air.

An example for what's going on in the game: Two Macro-Esque players going at it with small skirmishes in between? Boringggggg. Leenock vs Clide on Shakuras? HECK YEAH.
hmm, I thought their first game on JB was just as exciting, if not more so because of the different drops that Clide was doing
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7929 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan View Post
Sorry but I disagree. Couple of games means squat when we consider I've played over 200 games between all the 3 races and customs so far, some better than others.
That's not much tbh
post #7930 of 25319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdek View Post
That's not much tbh
lol, it's not much, but, it's better than nothing Idea was to show that ratio of watched to played games is pretty low
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 2.40GHZ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MSI GTX570 @ stock Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 250GB Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung SW2494 24" Antec Earthpower 650W 
Case
Apevia X-Plorer 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Starcraft 2 Strategy & Discussion Thread