Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › First Amd Build. Tell me what you guys think (Update w/ link to pics)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First Amd Build. Tell me what you guys think (Update w/ link to pics) - Page 5

post #41 of 47
Thread Starter 
believe it or not. your thread helped inspire me to shell out the green. I originally had the a8n32 but theres just not an exclusive
"a8n32" owners club.

Just i had to suck it up and apply for my Venus membership at ncix.com
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 FX-60 0536 MPMW DFI Venus #118 XP Pro Gateway FPD2185W 21" (x2) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech DiNova Keyboard Silverstone ST60F 600W Lian Li V2000B Logitech DiNova MX900 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 FX-60 0536 MPMW DFI Venus #118 XP Pro Gateway FPD2185W 21" (x2) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech DiNova Keyboard Silverstone ST60F 600W Lian Li V2000B Logitech DiNova MX900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetX
Im sorry but you have that wrong. With dual turbo you have 1 turbo per 2 cylinders. I used to be high on import tuning. I used to own the Bomex Rsx type S.

Supras were never sequential turbo. The car you meant was the Rx7. Which all enthusaist either switched to a single big turbo, or switched to true twin turbo configs. The most extreme Rx7 enthusiasts just did away with the rotary altogether and put in twin turbo'd corvette ls1 engines.

I almost forgot to add. Your right about the a twin turbo being a waste of money. Thank god for sponsers right.

wow...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Supra

Toyota Supra Mk IV (1993-1998/2002)

"The MKIV Supra's twin turbos actually operated in sequential mode instead of parallel mode as the "twin turbo" name usually implies."
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 175 Asus A8N32-SLI eVGA 7950 GX2 Corsair 3500LL Pro 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD740GD + WD2500KS XP SP2 Dell 2005FPW Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic S12 600w Antec P-180 Logitech MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 175 Asus A8N32-SLI eVGA 7950 GX2 Corsair 3500LL Pro 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD740GD + WD2500KS XP SP2 Dell 2005FPW Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic S12 600w Antec P-180 Logitech MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by one43637
wow...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Supra

Toyota Supra Mk IV (1993-1998/2002)

"The MKIV Supra's twin turbos actually operated in sequential mode instead of parallel mode as the "twin turbo" name usually implies."

OWn3d! haha. Thanks for the link. i really didnt know it was really sequential. Oh well you learn something everyday.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 FX-60 0536 MPMW DFI Venus #118 XP Pro Gateway FPD2185W 21" (x2) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech DiNova Keyboard Silverstone ST60F 600W Lian Li V2000B Logitech DiNova MX900 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 FX-60 0536 MPMW DFI Venus #118 XP Pro Gateway FPD2185W 21" (x2) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech DiNova Keyboard Silverstone ST60F 600W Lian Li V2000B Logitech DiNova MX900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetX
OWn3d! haha. Thanks for the link. i really didnt know it was really sequential. Oh well you learn something everyday.
no worries i was in the Import scene until kids that were inspired by the Fast and the Furious swarmed the streets.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 175 Asus A8N32-SLI eVGA 7950 GX2 Corsair 3500LL Pro 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD740GD + WD2500KS XP SP2 Dell 2005FPW Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic S12 600w Antec P-180 Logitech MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 175 Asus A8N32-SLI eVGA 7950 GX2 Corsair 3500LL Pro 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD740GD + WD2500KS XP SP2 Dell 2005FPW Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic S12 600w Antec P-180 Logitech MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetX
Im sorry but you have that wrong. With dual turbo you have 1 turbo per 2 cylinders. I used to be high on import tuning. I used to own the Bomex Rsx type S.

Supras were never sequential turbo. The car you meant was the Rx7. Which all enthusaist either switched to a single big turbo, or switched to true twin turbo configs. The most extreme Rx7 enthusiasts just did away with the rotary altogether and put in twin turbo'd corvette ls1 engines.

I almost forgot to add. Your right about the a twin turbo being a waste of money. Thank god for sponsers right.

Adam's A&L car had a big part in the rise in popularity of the RX-7 in the United States. i stopped following him when he retired his FD.

i remember seeing his car being towed by his family's Hummer after a run and thinking i wish my family was more supportive of my hobby.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 175 Asus A8N32-SLI eVGA 7950 GX2 Corsair 3500LL Pro 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD740GD + WD2500KS XP SP2 Dell 2005FPW Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic S12 600w Antec P-180 Logitech MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 175 Asus A8N32-SLI eVGA 7950 GX2 Corsair 3500LL Pro 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD740GD + WD2500KS XP SP2 Dell 2005FPW Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic S12 600w Antec P-180 Logitech MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by one43637
Adam's A&L car had a big part in the rise in popularity of the RX-7 in the United States. i stopped following him when he retired his FD.

i remember seeing his car being towed by his family's Hummer after a run and thinking i wish my family was more supportive of my hobby.
Dont we all? My dad used to tell me im throwing money away. He never did understand sponserships. But things are good now. He actually likes my new hobby (oc'ing) especially since it alot cheaper.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 FX-60 0536 MPMW DFI Venus #118 XP Pro Gateway FPD2185W 21" (x2) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech DiNova Keyboard Silverstone ST60F 600W Lian Li V2000B Logitech DiNova MX900 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 FX-60 0536 MPMW DFI Venus #118 XP Pro Gateway FPD2185W 21" (x2) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech DiNova Keyboard Silverstone ST60F 600W Lian Li V2000B Logitech DiNova MX900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetX
Dont we all? My dad used to tell me im throwing money away. He never did understand sponserships. But things are good now. He actually likes my new hobby (oc'ing) especially since it alot cheaper.
Thank goodness im not the only person who ocs and doesnt play games really.
The Move
(13 items)
 
Son's Rig
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750  Gigabyte P55 UD4P rev 1.0 HIS 6850 / SLI GTX 460 Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (2x4gb) 1600mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250 GB WD x2 Raid 0 ASUS DVD/R Corsair H50 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 22' LCD Logitech MK260 CM Silent Pro M600w Lian Li PC 60Plus II 
Mouse
Logitech  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 7750 BE @ 3.2 Asus M3N72-D 9600 GSO G94 512 2x2 PNY XLR8 DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 200 SATA2 Pioneer Lightscribe Thermaltake R1 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 22' Logitech Antec 500W Antec 300 Illusion 
Mouse
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
The Move
(13 items)
 
Son's Rig
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750  Gigabyte P55 UD4P rev 1.0 HIS 6850 / SLI GTX 460 Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (2x4gb) 1600mhz  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250 GB WD x2 Raid 0 ASUS DVD/R Corsair H50 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 22' LCD Logitech MK260 CM Silent Pro M600w Lian Li PC 60Plus II 
Mouse
Logitech  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 7750 BE @ 3.2 Asus M3N72-D 9600 GSO G94 512 2x2 PNY XLR8 DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 200 SATA2 Pioneer Lightscribe Thermaltake R1 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 22' Logitech Antec 500W Antec 300 Illusion 
Mouse
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › First Amd Build. Tell me what you guys think (Update w/ link to pics)