Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Overall Mouse User Comparison Rating, Finding the best mouse on OCN!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overall Mouse User Comparison Rating, Finding the best mouse on OCN!!! - Page 11

post #101 of 137
Im still really trying to understand my grip style guys. I have looked on the razer website and read alot of explanations. When i move my mouse its left and right. It seems the work is being done with my wrist.the back of my hand is actually making some contact with the bottom of the mouse my logitech G500 and dragging along my mouse matt. My fingers are not flat they bend and curl alittle. The thumb rest my thumb tip is making contact. On the side of the mouse my pinky tip and other finger tip is making contact. Left and right click my 2 fingers are bent with the finger tip doing the clicks. As i mentioned about my fingers are not fully flat they have some bend. Does this mean i am a finger tip grip or claw grip? i dont have a clue. When i go to natrually palm my G500 my hand is further forward on the mouse. When i natrually hold the mouse how i feel comfortable with, my palm pushes more to the back of the mouse and does what i described above.
Edited by dmxdex2020 - 3/19/11 at 7:40am
post #102 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxdex2020;12789366 
Im still really trying to understand my grip style guys. I have looked on the razer website and read alot of explanations. When i move my mouse its left and right. It seems the work is being done with my wrist.the back of my hand is actually making some contact with the bottom of the mouse my logitech G500 and dragging along my mouse matt. My fingers are not flat they bend and curl alittle. The thumb rest my thumb tip is making contact. On the side of the mouse my pinky tip and other finger tip is making contact. Left and right click my 2 fingers are bent with the finger tip doing the clicks. As i mentioned about my fingers are not fully flat they have some bend. Does this mean i am a finger tip grip or claw grip? i dont have a clue. When i go to natrually palm my G500 my hand is further forward on the mouse. When i natrually hold the mouse how i feel comfortable with, my palm pushes more to the back of the mouse and does what i described above.

That is claw. Finger tip means your palm makes NO contact with the mouse, you're just grabbing it with your fingers. The G500 is not very good for fingertip since it is so big. Most mice designed for fingertip are relatively small.
Reborn Legacy
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.1 Ghz Foxconn Bloodrage 2 x OEM 5870 OCZ Platinum 6GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 2 x Caviar Black (RAID 0) Samsung SH-S223L Prolimatech Megahalems 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Delta AFC1212DE 5 x Coolermaster R4 (red LED) Windows 7 Pro Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus VW223T Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 710s Leopold FC200RT/KB (tactile touch with blank keys) Corsair TX850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Reborn Legacy (mod) Razer Deathadder Rocketfish Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 
AudioAudioAudio
M-Audio MobilePre M-Audio BX5a Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
Reborn Legacy
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.1 Ghz Foxconn Bloodrage 2 x OEM 5870 OCZ Platinum 6GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 2 x Caviar Black (RAID 0) Samsung SH-S223L Prolimatech Megahalems 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Delta AFC1212DE 5 x Coolermaster R4 (red LED) Windows 7 Pro Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus VW223T Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 710s Leopold FC200RT/KB (tactile touch with blank keys) Corsair TX850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Reborn Legacy (mod) Razer Deathadder Rocketfish Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 
AudioAudioAudio
M-Audio MobilePre M-Audio BX5a Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjoey1500;12791105 
That is claw. Finger tip means your palm makes NO contact with the mouse, you're just grabbing it with your fingers. The G500 is not very good for fingertip since it is so big. Most mice designed for fingertip are relatively small.

So that defo makes me a claw grip despite some of my palm making contact with the mouse?
post #104 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxdex2020;12791356 
So that defo makes me a claw grip despite some of my palm making contact with the mouse?

For typical claw grip, the 'heel' of your palm is in contact with the back of the mouse, but the rest of your palm isn't. If you're talking about your whole palm or a different part of your palm touching the mouse, that's closer to palm/claw hybrid or modified claw depending on what you mean.

You could always take a pic if you need a more definite answer.
Reborn Legacy
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.1 Ghz Foxconn Bloodrage 2 x OEM 5870 OCZ Platinum 6GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 2 x Caviar Black (RAID 0) Samsung SH-S223L Prolimatech Megahalems 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Delta AFC1212DE 5 x Coolermaster R4 (red LED) Windows 7 Pro Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus VW223T Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 710s Leopold FC200RT/KB (tactile touch with blank keys) Corsair TX850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Reborn Legacy (mod) Razer Deathadder Rocketfish Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 
AudioAudioAudio
M-Audio MobilePre M-Audio BX5a Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
Reborn Legacy
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4.1 Ghz Foxconn Bloodrage 2 x OEM 5870 OCZ Platinum 6GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 2 x Caviar Black (RAID 0) Samsung SH-S223L Prolimatech Megahalems 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Delta AFC1212DE 5 x Coolermaster R4 (red LED) Windows 7 Pro Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus VW223T Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 710s Leopold FC200RT/KB (tactile touch with blank keys) Corsair TX850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Reborn Legacy (mod) Razer Deathadder Rocketfish Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 
AudioAudioAudio
M-Audio MobilePre M-Audio BX5a Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
post #105 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjoey1500;12794575 
For typical claw grip, the 'heel' of your palm is in contact with the back of the mouse, but the rest of your palm isn't. If you're talking about your whole palm or a different part of your palm touching the mouse, that's closer to palm/claw hybrid or modified claw depending on what you mean.

You could always take a pic if you need a more definite answer.

Im pretty much a claw gripper then. The heel of my palm makes minimal contact with the back of the mouse. I will get a few pics up soon when i get a chance.
post #106 of 137
Im helping a friend decide on what mouse to get, he also comes from a G9 and would love to have the same comfort as the G9 or something that is easy to get used to, we are not able to get another G9 or G9x for that matter as logitech is only carrying in the G500's and he is welcome to try other mices.. We do have a very limited selection though.. G500,G700,G5, About all of Razer Mices, MS Sidewinder X8 (Import and will probably cost more than the Mamba )
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
post #107 of 137
Just got a new G700 today. Although I hate to sound like a fanboy, there isn't anything I don't like so far. Comfort, functionality and performance are all outstanding for me. Recommended.

edit: I'm a Palmgripper.
Edited by Jangle - 3/25/11 at 12:49am
July2010 build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 ASUS P6X58D-E GB GTX580 SOC @ 900 6Gb GSkill Pi CL7 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
64GFalconII + 1TbWD + 1TbSamsungF3 Sony Win7 64 Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Lycosa Antec TP-750 CM Storm Sniper G700 
  hide details  
Reply
July2010 build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 ASUS P6X58D-E GB GTX580 SOC @ 900 6Gb GSkill Pi CL7 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
64GFalconII + 1TbWD + 1TbSamsungF3 Sony Win7 64 Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Lycosa Antec TP-750 CM Storm Sniper G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 137
Maybe add a looks column...
Turbulence
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k 4.4GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.1 HIS HD 7870 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m4 128GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Asus DRW-24B1ST Noctua NH-D14 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Accelero Twin Turbo II Windows 7 Professional N Dell U2311H Realforce 87U White 55cN 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX650V2 Fractal Design R3 Black Pearl Razer DeathAdder SteelSeries 4HD 
AudioAudioAudio
Audinst HUD-mx1 Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 600 Ω Recabled M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Turbulence
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k 4.4GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.1 HIS HD 7870 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m4 128GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Asus DRW-24B1ST Noctua NH-D14 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Accelero Twin Turbo II Windows 7 Professional N Dell U2311H Realforce 87U White 55cN 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX650V2 Fractal Design R3 Black Pearl Razer DeathAdder SteelSeries 4HD 
AudioAudioAudio
Audinst HUD-mx1 Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 600 Ω Recabled M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 137
Ive been looking all over the internet for something like this!

Thanks!biggrin.gif

Just had a thought. Maybe the rating of the mice could be based on more than build quility and sensor quility? you could maybe add in comfort and durability and any other fields people could think of? could change the results.
Edited by Bob8822 - 4/29/11 at 8:52am
post #110 of 137
This list show clearly why the gaming companies aren't making better mice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Overall Mouse User Comparison Rating, Finding the best mouse on OCN!!!