Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › DFI Lanparty expert vs. asus A8n32 deluxe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DFI Lanparty expert vs. asus A8n32 deluxe - Page 3

post #21 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay7
Then why dont you start a poll on this site and well se which one pplz would go for. I dont give a smack about reviews, i just want the stuff i want and thats good overclockability, which probably many other people want too. And as you, definetly should know by now, this is a site for overclockers and if you want to overclock then the DFI wins. If this had been "Performance.net" i would have suggested the DFI. TBH i guess i myself would go for the Asus because im a performance phreeeek, but this dude whos getting top notch, i dont think he will notice any difference at all because his gear will pretty much eat up anything you will throw at it. Top notch gear deserves top notch options. But if you worry about 5 3dmark points like i do, then go for the Asus.
He wasn't demanding that you buy an Asus. Just giving his thoughts about it becuase that is what you do here. There are false statements about Asus going around. He was just trying to clear that up. Ultimately you can get whatever you want!
The Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 Asus P6T XFX 8800GT 6GB (3x2) OCZ Gold DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Raptor 74GB + WD 320GB Samsung SATA 20x DVDRW Linux x64 & Windows 7 x64 HP 21.5" HD Wide Screen 2159m 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard PC Power&Cooling 610W Antec P182 Logitech MX 1100 
Mouse Pad
Belkin 
  hide details  
Reply
The Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 Asus P6T XFX 8800GT 6GB (3x2) OCZ Gold DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Raptor 74GB + WD 320GB Samsung SATA 20x DVDRW Linux x64 & Windows 7 x64 HP 21.5" HD Wide Screen 2159m 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard PC Power&Cooling 610W Antec P182 Logitech MX 1100 
Mouse Pad
Belkin 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay7
Then why dont you start a poll on this site and well se which one pplz would go for. I dont give a smack about reviews, i just want the stuff i want and thats good overclockability, which probably many other people want too. And as you, definetly should know by now, this is a site for overclockers and if you want to overclock then the DFI wins. If this had been "Performance.net" i would have suggested the DFI. TBH i guess i myself would go for the Asus because im a performance phreeeek, but this dude whos getting top notch, i dont think he will notice any difference at all because his gear will pretty much eat up anything you will throw at it. Top notch gear deserves top notch options. But if you worry about 5 3dmark points like i do, then go for the Asus.
Have you seen the OC results of the new ATI northbridge? It's breaking OC records everywhere. Sun has an ongoing thread with a ton of information on these boards if you're looking for the maximum OC possible.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 30
Thanks Edge. Timmay, I'm not bashing your opinion here. You are entitled just as I am. Opinions are formed on information. If you started a poll on this site, your results would be based on what people have and use. How many members of this forum have had and extensively tested both boards? I bet the answer is "0". Your point therefore is pretty much unprovable (I'm not really sure what your point is,regardless).

Have you extensively tested and compared both boards?

If the answer is no then you should defer to experts who have. That's what I do.

It's called common sense.

SCCR, I agree with you there the new RD580 chipset is fantastic. Interestingly enough its on the ATI counterpart of the Asus board the A8R32 MVP.
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 8700k Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Dual 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Swiftech H240 X2 Prestige AIO Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Aula Excalibur / Cougar Vantar EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 750D Airflow Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Perixx DX-3000LAL Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 8700k Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Dual 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Swiftech H240 X2 Prestige AIO Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Aula Excalibur / Cougar Vantar EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 750D Airflow Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Perixx DX-3000LAL Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robilar
Thanks Edge. Timmay, I'm not bashing your opinion here. You are entitled just as I am. Opinions are formed on information. If you started a poll on this site, your results would be based on what people have and use. How many members of this forum have had and extensively tested both boards? I bet the answer is "0". Your point therefore is pretty much unprovable (I'm not really sure what your point is,regardless).

Have you extensively tested and compared both boards?

If the answer is no then you should defer to experts who have. That's what I do.

It's called common sense.

SCCR, I agree with you there the new RD580 chipset is fantastic. Interestingly enough its on the ATI counterpart of the Asus board the A8R32 MVP.
No, i dont extensively test two boards because i hatve other stuff to spend my money on too. And honestly i dont really care if youve tested the hell outta them both because facts are facts: The DFI is a better OC board. How many other boards let you tweak your ram to the extensive parameters of the Lanparty series? How many boards lets you set the vcore way past 2v and Vdimm far over 4v? I dont give a **** about what all these experts say, because these "experts" have opinions too and i never know when theyre just bragging about their own boards or not. I just go for the facts, and i much go for the fact too that there are suprisingly many people with DFI boards. Ofcourse, these people might be bragging and stuff like that but there are also very many people that DO actually tell the REAL truth about which one OC's better. Tells ya something doesnt it? Ofcourse, if you prefer Asus'es boards then you are allowed to PREFER them but dont say that theyre better oc boards cause theyre not.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3200+ Venice E3 s939 MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum X850XTPE AGP Geil 2gb ddr400 2.5-3-3-8 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar 300gb WinXP Acer LCD 17" Creative thing 
PowerCaseMouse
Hiper Type-R 580W Blue Aopen H600B crap Logitech thing 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3200+ Venice E3 s939 MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum X850XTPE AGP Geil 2gb ddr400 2.5-3-3-8 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar 300gb WinXP Acer LCD 17" Creative thing 
PowerCaseMouse
Hiper Type-R 580W Blue Aopen H600B crap Logitech thing 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccr64472
Have you seen the OC results of the new ATI northbridge? It's breaking OC records everywhere. Sun has an ongoing thread with a ton of information on these boards if you're looking for the maximum OC possible.
yeah, and not enough with that, it also supports <3 crossfire <3 ... drool!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3200+ Venice E3 s939 MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum X850XTPE AGP Geil 2gb ddr400 2.5-3-3-8 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar 300gb WinXP Acer LCD 17&quot; Creative thing 
PowerCaseMouse
Hiper Type-R 580W Blue Aopen H600B crap Logitech thing 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3200+ Venice E3 s939 MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum X850XTPE AGP Geil 2gb ddr400 2.5-3-3-8 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar 300gb WinXP Acer LCD 17&quot; Creative thing 
PowerCaseMouse
Hiper Type-R 580W Blue Aopen H600B crap Logitech thing 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 30
Timmay, you obviously have an opinion that is etched in stone. As reason and logic won't work with you, I'll just write it off. Curious though, I wonder which motherboard sells more worldwide and why.

My money is on Asus (considering I bought Asus it actually is eh!). That can be verified by facts as well but it seems you would dispute anything that contradicts your opinion. Its yours and you are welcome to it.
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 8700k Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Dual 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Swiftech H240 X2 Prestige AIO Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Aula Excalibur / Cougar Vantar EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 750D Airflow Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Perixx DX-3000LAL Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 8700k Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Dual 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Swiftech H240 X2 Prestige AIO Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Aula Excalibur / Cougar Vantar EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 750D Airflow Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Perixx DX-3000LAL Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robilar
Timmay, you obviously have an opinion that is etched in stone. As reason and logic won't work with you, I'll just write it off. Curious though, I wonder which motherboard sells more worldwide and why.

My money is on Asus (considering I bought Asus it actually is eh!). That can be verified by facts as well but it seems you would dispute anything that contradicts your opinion. Its yours and you are welcome to it.
The Asus probably does sell alot better, duuh, because most people in this world DONT overclock and DONT wanna pay extra for super overclocking options. But considering that this is OVERCLOCK.NET, and that this is the most reccomended board on this site when it comes to overclocking then that tells you, along with solid rock hard facts, that this board is better for OC'ing. Maybe those HARDOCP people or whatever it was didnt feel like usind weeks on tinkering enough with the DFI board like you actually need to do to achieve a super-overclock. They probably didnt have the time to do it anyways, because the DFI board is something you really personally need to get to know, because thats when you will achieve great performance, great overclock and plenty of stability.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3200+ Venice E3 s939 MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum X850XTPE AGP Geil 2gb ddr400 2.5-3-3-8 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar 300gb WinXP Acer LCD 17&quot; Creative thing 
PowerCaseMouse
Hiper Type-R 580W Blue Aopen H600B crap Logitech thing 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3200+ Venice E3 s939 MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum X850XTPE AGP Geil 2gb ddr400 2.5-3-3-8 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar 300gb WinXP Acer LCD 17&quot; Creative thing 
PowerCaseMouse
Hiper Type-R 580W Blue Aopen H600B crap Logitech thing 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 30
I appreciate your passion timmay. As mentioned, I'm actually a fan of DFI as well but went Asus because of reviews and also my lack of OC skill. I needed a product with strong overclocking that wouldn't punish me for my lack of experience overclocking.

Lets agree they are both great and leave it at that
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 8700k Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Dual 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Swiftech H240 X2 Prestige AIO Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Aula Excalibur / Cougar Vantar EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 750D Airflow Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Perixx DX-3000LAL Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 8700k Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Dual 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Swiftech H240 X2 Prestige AIO Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Aula Excalibur / Cougar Vantar EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 750D Airflow Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Perixx DX-3000LAL Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay7
The Asus probably does sell alot better, duuh, because most people in this world DONT overclock and DONT wanna pay extra for super overclocking options. But considering that this is OVERCLOCK.NET, and that this is the most reccomended board on this site when it comes to overclocking then that tells you, along with solid rock hard facts, that this board is better for OC'ing. Maybe those HARDOCP people or whatever it was didnt feel like usind weeks on tinkering enough with the DFI board like you actually need to do to achieve a super-overclock. They probably didnt have the time to do it anyways, because the DFI board is something you really personally need to get to know, because thats when you will achieve great performance, great overclock and plenty of stability.
Im sorry to say timmay7, but you really arent convincing anyone here on why a DFI board is superior. Robilar clearly stated he took information from well-known and trustworthy sites to make a choice. Every site he stated chose the Asus over the DFI for one reason or another. Your arguement that 'they' (professionals mind you) need weeks to tinker or toy with a board isnt really helpful, because while you may need weeks or months to tinker, professionals more than likely wont need more than a few days. I doubt a website like Tomshardware or anywhere else for that matter would publish an article without extensively researching and testing each product to the best of their ability. We rely on such information because we dont have the time, money, and in most cases knowledge to test both boards equally well. I dont mean to bash you, but please dont use such a bias in future posts without proven facts.
Legendary
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 ASUS P5B Deluxe XFX 8600GT 2 x 2GB G.Skill PQ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 250GB Windows 7 x64 Samsung 225BW Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
PC P&C Quad 750W Silencer Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Logitech MX518 Func 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
Legendary
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 ASUS P5B Deluxe XFX 8600GT 2 x 2GB G.Skill PQ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 250GB Windows 7 x64 Samsung 225BW Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
PC P&C Quad 750W Silencer Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Logitech MX518 Func 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 30
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all the great posts. Being a newbie, I have learned a lot from the exchange of ideas. I was leaning DFI, but I honestly don't think I am ready to maximize its potential. So, I will probably go with asus.

Thanks again
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD FX-60 Asus a8n32-deluxe Windows XP samsung 17&quot; 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech wireless Enermax 620w Liberty TT VA8000 Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD FX-60 Asus a8n32-deluxe Windows XP samsung 17&quot; 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech wireless Enermax 620w Liberty TT VA8000 Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › DFI Lanparty expert vs. asus A8n32 deluxe