New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brass Bottom Boys - Page 145

post #1441 of 11100
I'm ready to judge and then win that sound card lol. I need some sort of good luck with all of my bad luck that I have had for the past year and the apparent lack of any sort of good luck for me. So I'm crossing my fingers as I could use a sound card.
post #1442 of 11100
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrencendlw View Post
I'm ready to judge and then win that sound card lol. I need some sort of good luck with all of my bad luck that I have had for the past year and the apparent lack of any sort of good luck for me. So I'm crossing my fingers as I could use a sound card.
You don't suppose any of that "luck" is self induced do you? LOL

"maybe I can crank up the voltage just a little more"

you are my OC hero you know!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 CPU 860 @ 3.80GHz GIGABYTE P55A-UD7 2x-ASUS ENGTX470 SLI G Skill 4gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 60gig /Raptor 150 Asus DVD Lightscribe Win7 64 bit Pro Asus VW246 24", (2) Dell 20's 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G-15 Cosair 850 watt Custom HAF-932 EXT G-9 
Mouse Pad
Razor eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 CPU 860 @ 3.80GHz GIGABYTE P55A-UD7 2x-ASUS ENGTX470 SLI G Skill 4gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 60gig /Raptor 150 Asus DVD Lightscribe Win7 64 bit Pro Asus VW246 24", (2) Dell 20's 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G-15 Cosair 850 watt Custom HAF-932 EXT G-9 
Mouse Pad
Razor eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1443 of 11100
guys should i get a GT430? I think that i can still fit one of those in here
Edited by [CyGnus] - 12/22/10 at 2:07pm
post #1444 of 11100
Quote:
Originally Posted by FannBlade View Post
You don't suppose any of that "luck" is self induced do you? LOL

"maybe I can crank up the voltage just a little more"

you are my OC hero you know!
LOL, love ya Nate! FB, you're wrong for that man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [CyGnus] View Post
guys should i get a GT430? I think that i can still fit one of those in here
Just because you can fit one doesn't mean you need one. You're already at peak power usage (didn't you figure out giving up some wattage helped stabilize your OC earlier?) I don't see the point in getting a low-line card like a 430 just because you can.
Silentium
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX ASUS R9 270X G.Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial m4 320GB WD Caviar Blue Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24' Asus Razer Black Widow Corsair TX750w Silentium - custom acrylic case 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT 7 In-Win Batmat 
  hide details  
Reply
Silentium
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX ASUS R9 270X G.Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial m4 320GB WD Caviar Blue Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24' Asus Razer Black Widow Corsair TX750w Silentium - custom acrylic case 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT 7 In-Win Batmat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1445 of 11100
I know that FannBlade is just messing with me but he might be in fact true to some extent. We all know of the dangers involved in overclocking before we get into it and maybe I did go past where I should have but we all live and we learn right? I know now what to do when I get my new CPU. Crank it up and see just how far I can push it before I blow it too =D
post #1446 of 11100
Repo you are right thanks for the tip I am at 32k right now guess that will do
post #1447 of 11100
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrencendlw View Post
I know that FannBlade is just messing with me but he might be in fact true to some extent. We all know of the dangers involved in overclocking before we get into it and maybe I did go past where I should have but we all live and we learn right? I know now what to do when I get my new CPU. Crank it up and see just how far I can push it before I blow it too =D
Yes! Just messing with your head.

Actually envious of you overclockers, cause I know nothing about it. When I bought my MB from a member here he sent me all the bios settings to get it stable @ 4.0 might as well be written in Latin. It didn't work of course. I will dive into after first of the year.

I bought the MB,memory and CPU from him here are the settings, see if you can make heads or tells of it. It BSOD's pretty fast. My temp @ 3.80 are mid 30's.

I'm going to start going through all the entries today and start picking my top 5-6, I'll PM my results. Lot of great entries. Going to be tough!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 CPU 860 @ 3.80GHz GIGABYTE P55A-UD7 2x-ASUS ENGTX470 SLI G Skill 4gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 60gig /Raptor 150 Asus DVD Lightscribe Win7 64 bit Pro Asus VW246 24", (2) Dell 20's 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G-15 Cosair 850 watt Custom HAF-932 EXT G-9 
Mouse Pad
Razor eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 CPU 860 @ 3.80GHz GIGABYTE P55A-UD7 2x-ASUS ENGTX470 SLI G Skill 4gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 60gig /Raptor 150 Asus DVD Lightscribe Win7 64 bit Pro Asus VW246 24", (2) Dell 20's 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G-15 Cosair 850 watt Custom HAF-932 EXT G-9 
Mouse Pad
Razor eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1448 of 11100
Quote:
Originally Posted by FannBlade View Post
Yes! Just messing with your head.

Actually envious of you overclockers, cause I know nothing about it. When I bought my MB from a member here he sent me all the bios settings to get it stable @ 4.0 might as well be written in Latin. It didn't work of course. I will dive into after first of the year.

I bought the MB,memory and CPU from him here are the settings, see if you can make heads or tells of it. It BSOD's pretty fast. My temp @ 3.80 are mid 30's.

I'm going to start going through all the entries today and start picking my top 5-6, I'll PM my results. Lot of great entries. Going to be tough!
When is the deadline to have our decisions to you again?
Silentium
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX ASUS R9 270X G.Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial m4 320GB WD Caviar Blue Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24' Asus Razer Black Widow Corsair TX750w Silentium - custom acrylic case 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT 7 In-Win Batmat 
  hide details  
Reply
Silentium
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX ASUS R9 270X G.Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial m4 320GB WD Caviar Blue Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24' Asus Razer Black Widow Corsair TX750w Silentium - custom acrylic case 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT 7 In-Win Batmat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1449 of 11100
end on Dec 31st.
winner announced on Jan. 8th
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 CPU 860 @ 3.80GHz GIGABYTE P55A-UD7 2x-ASUS ENGTX470 SLI G Skill 4gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 60gig /Raptor 150 Asus DVD Lightscribe Win7 64 bit Pro Asus VW246 24", (2) Dell 20's 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G-15 Cosair 850 watt Custom HAF-932 EXT G-9 
Mouse Pad
Razor eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 CPU 860 @ 3.80GHz GIGABYTE P55A-UD7 2x-ASUS ENGTX470 SLI G Skill 4gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 60gig /Raptor 150 Asus DVD Lightscribe Win7 64 bit Pro Asus VW246 24", (2) Dell 20's 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G-15 Cosair 850 watt Custom HAF-932 EXT G-9 
Mouse Pad
Razor eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1450 of 11100
Did some modding (lol it works) managed to fit a 92mm fan cooling the VRM's and chockes of the GTX460. 1.1v @ 950/1900/2000 13.3k GPU 37ºC



Edited by [CyGnus] - 12/23/10 at 1:15pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Team Competition