New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brass Bottom Boys - Page 77

post #761 of 11104
Thanks again CyGnus. You really came through with the BIOS flash for my GTX 480 and now I don't have to OC it ever unless I want to go higher than 860MHz core lol plus little to none voltage increase. So now I am sitting at 860 MHz Core 1720 MHz Shader and 1900 MHz memory and in OC scanner i have a max temp of 72c with a voltage of 1.068v. This is one mean card that eVGA sent back to me. Now it's even meaner with the BIOS Cy gave me. It now has a much higher default clock and tighter memory timingd for the ram memory. You guys should have him tweak your cards for you too =)

Edit: I am currently back up and folding on my 480 but I am alarmed at the low amount of PPD that I am getting for such a high OC that I have. I am at 17029.2 PPD for a P10632 WU. Does this sound right? Also this part is for Zodac and I will PM you just in case you don't read this soon but I am folding with my 480 only on the name Lawrencendlw so you can calculate my points from this name instead of the shivermetimbers that I was using. I don't have my CPU client setup yet and wont be running until I make up for lost time on my GPU which will be quite some time. I may or may not try and push a little more out of the card but if you ask me I have a really high stable OC with low temps so I don't want to push it anymore. Oh and CyGnus my voltage is at 1.113v but I was talking to someone that said that they have a 850 stable for folding OC on stock voltages so I might want to get a BIOS to flash with that has much closer to stock so that I might lower my temps a few more degrees. If I need to bring the voltages back up then I can do that later on in afterburner or the eVGA one lol (not precision but the OC utility for eVGA motherboards, I forget what it is called.) Thank you all for sticking with me through this and especially thank you to Aiml3ss for whom without we would be lost in this competition. Thank you for manning my cannon during my absence, I hope that you sunk a few ninja's while I was gone. =D


Quote:
Originally Posted by [CyGnus] View Post
Go for 850 core at least (maybe you will need more voltage though) my GTX460 is at 925 2days non stop now and 58/60ºC

Edited by lawrencendlw - 9/27/10 at 11:47pm
post #762 of 11104
Looks like I'll be dropping a 63K WU last day of the comp. Cy I'll be hitting you up about that bios fairly soon as well. I have one 460 at 925 core and the the other does 950, I'd like to get one of them to 1k+ core for benching this winter.
GF Foot Warmer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 4.6 ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z evga GTX 460 G. Skill DDR 3 2133 (2X4GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 500GB Win 7 Samsumg 22" HX850 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
GF Foot Warmer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 4.6 ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z evga GTX 460 G. Skill DDR 3 2133 (2X4GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 500GB Win 7 Samsumg 22" HX850 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #763 of 11104
lawrencendlw is that a 912 or 925 pointer or just a 600 wu? 600 give about that PPD with the 900's you should have a little more i guess i have 16310 on a 925 with my 460 anything just buzz me on MSN i will sure help.

AvgWhiteGuy depending on cooling (if water) i can put your card with 1.21v and you will hit 1GHz + core catch1511 is at 1060MHz on water so no problem at all.
Edited by [CyGnus] - 9/28/10 at 6:17am
post #764 of 11104
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrencendlw View Post
Edit: I am currently back up and folding on my 480 but I am alarmed at the low amount of PPD that I am getting for such a high OC that I have. I am at 17029.2 PPD for a P10632 WU. Does this sound right? Also this part is for Zodac and I will PM you just in case you don't read this soon but I am folding with my 480 only on the name Lawrencendlw so you can calculate my points from this name instead of the shivermetimbers that I was using. I don't have my CPU client setup yet and wont be running until I make up for lost time on my GPU which will be quite some time. I may or may not try and push a little more out of the card but if you ask me I have a really high stable OC with low temps so I don't want to push it anymore. Oh and CyGnus my voltage is at 1.113v but I was talking to someone that said that they have a 850 stable for folding OC on stock voltages so I might want to get a BIOS to flash with that has much closer to stock so that I might lower my temps a few more degrees. If I need to bring the voltages back up then I can do that later on in afterburner or the eVGA one lol (not precision but the OC utility for eVGA motherboards, I forget what it is called.) Thank you all for sticking with me through this and especially thank you to Aiml3ss for whom without we would be lost in this competition. Thank you for manning my cannon during my absence, I hope that you sunk a few ninja's while I was gone. =D
How many GPUs are you Folding on? That's the main issue here...
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #765 of 11104
The only thing that I am folding on is my 480. I'm not folding on my 260 or my core i7-930 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac View Post
How many GPUs are you Folding on? That's the main issue here...
post #766 of 11104
Ok... no SMP client either?

Let me know fi that changes before Oct 1st.
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #767 of 11104
AvgWhiteGuy PM me with the settings you want in the bios voltage and clocks and the brand of your 460 and i will edit the bios for you
Edited by [CyGnus] - 9/28/10 at 11:10am
post #768 of 11104
Will do, Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac View Post
Ok... no SMP client either?

Let me know fi that changes before Oct 1st.
post #769 of 11104
Awesome Nate! I would keep the GPU where it is honestly We need a rock solid GPU3 client more than a potentially unstable higher OC'd one. The old adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.


Guys, keep it going strong for the last of the month!
Silentium
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX ASUS R9 270X G.Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial m4 320GB WD Caviar Blue Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24' Asus Razer Black Widow Corsair TX750w Silentium - custom acrylic case 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT 7 In-Win Batmat 
  hide details  
Reply
Silentium
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX ASUS R9 270X G.Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Crucial m4 320GB WD Caviar Blue Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24' Asus Razer Black Widow Corsair TX750w Silentium - custom acrylic case 
MouseMouse Pad
Cyborg RAT 7 In-Win Batmat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #770 of 11104
Quote:
Originally Posted by repo_man View Post
Awesome Nate! I would keep the GPU where it is honestly We need a rock solid GPU3 client more than a potentially unstable higher OC'd one. The old adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.


Guys, keep it going strong for the last of the month!
1) You're on OCN.
2) You're a Case Mod Editor.

Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Team Competition