Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Maze4 On an X1900XT?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Maze4 On an X1900XT? - Page 2

post #11 of 17
the csp-mag is a real small pump not powerful enough to push water through alot of tubing or that dual heatercore ..... the D5 pump is silent and capable of doing hte job ( i know i had one) Dont get the mag
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E6700 "ES" Lapped Gigabyte DQ6 XFX 7950GX2 G.Skill PC6400 2GB-HZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar SE16 250GB Microsoft XP / Kubuntu BenQ 20.1 LCD Saitek Eclipse Blue 
PowerCaseMouse
FSP Group FX600-GLN Lian Li PC-7B Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E6700 "ES" Lapped Gigabyte DQ6 XFX 7950GX2 G.Skill PC6400 2GB-HZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar SE16 250GB Microsoft XP / Kubuntu BenQ 20.1 LCD Saitek Eclipse Blue 
PowerCaseMouse
FSP Group FX600-GLN Lian Li PC-7B Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop
the csp-mag is a real small pump not powerful enough to push water through alot of tubing or that dual heatercore ..... the D5 pump is silent and capable of doing hte job ( i know i had one) Dont get the mag
I dunno--owner reviews are very positive, and the specs on DangerDen put it above the DDC, and between the P2 and P3 settings on the D5.

I thing SomeI has already bought it, so maybe he'll tell us how it works?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Asus 8N-SLI Premium Windows XP Pro Dual Dell 19" LCD 
PowerCase
Seasonic S12-600 (quiet) Antec P180 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Asus 8N-SLI Premium Windows XP Pro Dual Dell 19" LCD 
PowerCase
Seasonic S12-600 (quiet) Antec P180 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeville
I dunno--owner reviews are very positive, and the specs on DangerDen put it above the DDC, and between the P2 and P3 settings on the D5.

I thing SomeI has already bought it, so maybe he'll tell us how it works?
no its a weak pump... read about the d5 on the site the recomend you NEVER turn it down past 5. The mag is a small pump meant for something like 3/8 line and a cpu loop only it doenst have the flow for a full 1/2 tubing GPU, CPU line especially with the dual rad
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E6700 "ES" Lapped Gigabyte DQ6 XFX 7950GX2 G.Skill PC6400 2GB-HZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar SE16 250GB Microsoft XP / Kubuntu BenQ 20.1 LCD Saitek Eclipse Blue 
PowerCaseMouse
FSP Group FX600-GLN Lian Li PC-7B Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E6700 "ES" Lapped Gigabyte DQ6 XFX 7950GX2 G.Skill PC6400 2GB-HZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar SE16 250GB Microsoft XP / Kubuntu BenQ 20.1 LCD Saitek Eclipse Blue 
PowerCaseMouse
FSP Group FX600-GLN Lian Li PC-7B Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop
no its a weak pump... read about the d5 on the site the recomend you NEVER turn it down past 5. The mag is a small pump meant for something like 3/8 line and a cpu loop only it doenst have the flow for a full 1/2 tubing GPU, CPU line especially with the dual rad
Hi Wax,

Oh yeah, I enjoy scrutinizing the DangerDen pumps, and read that message--for what it's worth, it reads: "This new version also allows the "tuning" of the flow with a built in reostat (sic). Danger Den recommends running the pump on the #5 Setting."

For the CSP-MAG they say: "Get the 12 Volt pump that was specifically designed to maximize performace (sic) with Danger Den Products! " And offer it with 1/2" ID fittings.

No argument that the D5 is a more powerful pump, but I don't see anything that says the CSP-MAG is inadequate for CPU & GPU use, or 1/2" ID tubing, do you? (That's not just a rhetorical question--I'm genuinely curious, as always. )

In fact, it seems to me that larger tubing would actually help a weaker pump, by reducing load. Am I wrong?

SomeIdiot, did you actually order it? I'd love to hear some hands-on experience from this forum.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Asus 8N-SLI Premium Windows XP Pro Dual Dell 19" LCD 
PowerCase
Seasonic S12-600 (quiet) Antec P180 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Asus 8N-SLI Premium Windows XP Pro Dual Dell 19" LCD 
PowerCase
Seasonic S12-600 (quiet) Antec P180 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 17
no if you look at the specs its not meant for a big setup you need high flow and good pressure for a big setup a bigger tube will hurt it worse cause itll reduce the little head pressure the thing has already. Ppl use these in two's to be adequite either in series or parralell to make the pressure and flow good enough to flow though a big loop. Bottom line is it just isnt powerful enough for a 1/2 loop with a dual rad and a cpu and gpu block
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E6700 "ES" Lapped Gigabyte DQ6 XFX 7950GX2 G.Skill PC6400 2GB-HZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar SE16 250GB Microsoft XP / Kubuntu BenQ 20.1 LCD Saitek Eclipse Blue 
PowerCaseMouse
FSP Group FX600-GLN Lian Li PC-7B Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E6700 "ES" Lapped Gigabyte DQ6 XFX 7950GX2 G.Skill PC6400 2GB-HZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar SE16 250GB Microsoft XP / Kubuntu BenQ 20.1 LCD Saitek Eclipse Blue 
PowerCaseMouse
FSP Group FX600-GLN Lian Li PC-7B Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeville
Hi Wax,

Oh yeah, I enjoy scrutinizing the DangerDen pumps, and read that message--for what it's worth, it reads: "This new version also allows the "tuning" of the flow with a built in reostat (sic). Danger Den recommends running the pump on the #5 Setting."

For the CSP-MAG they say: "Get the 12 Volt pump that was specifically designed to maximize performace (sic) with Danger Den Products! " And offer it with 1/2" ID fittings.

No argument that the D5 is a more powerful pump, but I don't see anything that says the CSP-MAG is inadequate for CPU & GPU use, or 1/2" ID tubing, do you? (That's not just a rhetorical question--I'm genuinely curious, as always. )

In fact, it seems to me that larger tubing would actually help a weaker pump, by reducing load. Am I wrong?

SomeIdiot, did you actually order it? I'd love to hear some hands-on experience from this forum.
Yes, I actually ordered it 2 days ago when I ordered my x1900XT.
I am also using 1/2" ID tubing. I really think this pump is going to work out great. I know my Hydor wasn't going to fit with a big honking x1900 in my case.
edit: I only used 5 feet with my old setup, so the pump is going to work fine Wax.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
3700 ClawHammer DFI NF4X Infinity Windows XP pro SP2 Env!sion 17" crt 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
crappy HP keyboard Aspire 520 + micro 193 Scorpio 868 Highly Modded Logitech mx310 :) 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
3700 ClawHammer DFI NF4X Infinity Windows XP pro SP2 Env!sion 17" crt 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
crappy HP keyboard Aspire 520 + micro 193 Scorpio 868 Highly Modded Logitech mx310 :) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2
Yes, I actually ordered it 2 days ago when I ordered my x1900XT.
I am also using 1/2" ID tubing. I really think this pump is going to work out great. I know my Hydor wasn't going to fit with a big honking x1900 in my case.
edit: I only used 5 feet with my old setup, so the pump is going to work fine Wax.
im just saying it isnt the best choice at all for a pump to be doing what you want.... should have got the D5 it fit in my case with my x1800 and thats the same length
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E6700 "ES" Lapped Gigabyte DQ6 XFX 7950GX2 G.Skill PC6400 2GB-HZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar SE16 250GB Microsoft XP / Kubuntu BenQ 20.1 LCD Saitek Eclipse Blue 
PowerCaseMouse
FSP Group FX600-GLN Lian Li PC-7B Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E6700 "ES" Lapped Gigabyte DQ6 XFX 7950GX2 G.Skill PC6400 2GB-HZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar SE16 250GB Microsoft XP / Kubuntu BenQ 20.1 LCD Saitek Eclipse Blue 
PowerCaseMouse
FSP Group FX600-GLN Lian Li PC-7B Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Maze4 On an X1900XT?