Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II Golden Edition Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II Golden Edition Owners Club - Page 359

post #3581 of 5083
Mines at 962mV.
House heater
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon W5580 @ 4GHz Foxconn Bloodrage GTI Asus GTX780 DirectCU II Asus GTX780 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
12GB Corsair 2000MHz @ 1444MHz 1TB x2 Samsung F3 RAID 0 Memorex dvd burner Corsair H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 Pro 64-bit 3x 23" LG Flatron W2361VG (sexy glossy) Vizio 42" TV Logitech MX5500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850w CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech revolution laser (MX5500 combo) 
  hide details  
Reply
House heater
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon W5580 @ 4GHz Foxconn Bloodrage GTI Asus GTX780 DirectCU II Asus GTX780 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
12GB Corsair 2000MHz @ 1444MHz 1TB x2 Samsung F3 RAID 0 Memorex dvd burner Corsair H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 Pro 64-bit 3x 23" LG Flatron W2361VG (sexy glossy) Vizio 42" TV Logitech MX5500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850w CoolerMaster HAF-X Logitech revolution laser (MX5500 combo) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3582 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker View Post
I used the guide on here.

nvflash --eraseeeeprom [enter]

nvflash --index=0 -4 -5 -6 470.rom

what should voltage be for stock clocks? It's at .912 now
The voltage is different for everyone.

But now that you mentioned it, I just realized that I forgot to point out that these are GTX 470s binned as GTX 465s, so the voltage should be increased a little bit. I mean, this is likely the cause of the artifacting.
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3583 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker View Post
I flashed it, booted up but I can't make it through "heaven" benchmark. I get "driver stopped working" error, and then "D3D11AppWindow::do_swap(): Device Removed"

I did driver sweeper and reinstalled the 470 driver, but it still does this. GPU-Z shows it as a 470 like everyone else.
What was the voltage on the card before flashing it? I'm sure now it's 0.925v right?

My card was set higher than this on the stock bios, so it may just be that you need to bump up the voltage a bit.

@krazzymoose

I guess it's my bad experience with the first card that has led me to look at this Golden Edition card and the whole situation about it unlocking a bit differently. Sure you can buy one of these and unlock them, but will you get a decent enough card that can at least handle stock 470 specs? My #0474 sure couldn't. It was not too much trouble for me to exchange it since I bought it local at Micro Center, but it would be a PITA if it was purchased online.

All I'm saying is, I think it may be better to look at this card as a 465 rather than a 470. From my experience, and from reading what others have posted, it's really a toss up whether or not your card will perform well. My first card sucked, but now the second kills. Some people got lucky the first time around, while others have already been through several and still haven't found a good one. Maybe I'm just paranoid now from my bad experience, but I realized that there's no guarantee that the card will be strong or even just stable as a 470. I think people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the risk involved, that's all. If you have the time and patience I say go for it.
spoolin_i7
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-980X @ 4.433GHz ASUS Rampage III Extreme eVGA GTX 670 FTW @ 1300MHz / 7245MHz Corsair Dominator GT @ 2002MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 80GB Asus DRW-24B1LT Windows 7 x64 Samsung S27A350H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Enermax Platimax 1200W Lian Li PC-T60B Logitech Anywhere MX 
  hide details  
Reply
spoolin_i7
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-980X @ 4.433GHz ASUS Rampage III Extreme eVGA GTX 670 FTW @ 1300MHz / 7245MHz Corsair Dominator GT @ 2002MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 80GB Asus DRW-24B1LT Windows 7 x64 Samsung S27A350H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Enermax Platimax 1200W Lian Li PC-T60B Logitech Anywhere MX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3584 of 5083
mine is 1.087v like cables said though it varies by card. if you just have one card installed you don't need the commands --index=0 shouldn't effect anything though just FYI.
post #3585 of 5083
Upped the volts to 1.0 even, and made it through heaven. Max temp hit 70C, which I was expecting to be a bit less considering I haven't even start bumping up the clocks yet.

Here are some comparisons at 1680x1050 with the same settings on this machine.

EVGA Superclocked GTX460: 937
MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II GE: 910
MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II GE flashed to 470: 1118

I had a mini heart attack thinking this thing was broke. Maybe it is, but I think it was just too low voltage. I'll keep playing with it and see how high I can get it.

What kind of temps should I aim for?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 BE Biostar TA890FXE MSI GTX465(470) Twin Frozr II GE Mushkin DDR3 1600 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 64GB SATA3 SSD Windows 7 Home Premium x64 ASUS 246H XFX 750W 
CaseMouse Pad
Lian-Li Lancool PC-K62 Once you go black you never go back 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 BE Biostar TA890FXE MSI GTX465(470) Twin Frozr II GE Mushkin DDR3 1600 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 64GB SATA3 SSD Windows 7 Home Premium x64 ASUS 246H XFX 750W 
CaseMouse Pad
Lian-Li Lancool PC-K62 Once you go black you never go back 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3586 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolindsm127 View Post
@krazzymoose

I guess it's my bad experience with the first card that has led me to look at this Golden Edition card and the whole situation about it unlocking a bit differently. Sure you can buy one of these and unlock them, but will you get a decent enough card that can at least handle stock 470 specs? My #0474 sure couldn't. It was not too much trouble for me to exchange it since I bought it local at Micro Center, but it would be a PITA if it was purchased online.

All I'm saying is, I think it may be better to look at this card as a 465 rather than a 470. From my experience, and from reading what others have posted, it's really a toss up whether or not your card will perform well. My first card sucked, but now the second kills. Some people got lucky the first time around, while others have already been through several and still haven't found a good one. Maybe I'm just paranoid now from my bad experience, but I realized that there's no guarantee that the card will be strong or even just stable as a 470. I think people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the risk involved, that's all. If you have the time and patience I say go for it.
no worries mate I wasn't trying to ragg on ya. I hope that my second card will have the same success. we shall see?
Edited by krazzymoose - 9/10/10 at 4:11pm
post #3587 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolindsm127 View Post
What was the voltage on the card before flashing it? I'm sure now it's 0.925v right?

My card was set higher than this on the stock bios, so it may just be that you need to bump up the voltage a bit.

@krazzymoose

I guess it's my bad experience with the first card that has led me to look at this Golden Edition card and the whole situation about it unlocking a bit differently. Sure you can buy one of these and unlock them, but will you get a decent enough card that can at least handle stock 470 specs? My #0474 sure couldn't. It was not too much trouble for me to exchange it since I bought it local at Micro Center, but it would be a PITA if it was purchased online.

All I'm saying is, I think it may be better to look at this card as a 465 rather than a 470. From my experience, and from reading what others have posted, it's really a toss up whether or not your card will perform well. My first card sucked, but now the second kills. Some people got lucky the first time around, while others have already been through several and still haven't found a good one. Maybe I'm just paranoid now from my bad experience, but I realized that there's no guarantee that the card will be strong or even just stable as a 470. I think people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the risk involved, that's all. If you have the time and patience I say go for it.
These were GTX 470s binned as GTX 465s, so it is normal for these cards to require voltage increases and/or clock adjustments immediately after flashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker View Post
Upped the volts to 1.0 even, and made it through heaven. Max temp hit 70C, which I was expecting to be a bit less considering I haven't even start bumping up the clocks yet.

Here are some comparisons at 1680x1050 with the same settings on this machine.

EVGA Superclocked GTX460: 937
MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II GE: 910
MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II GE flashed to 470: 1118

I had a mini heart attack thinking this thing was broke. Maybe it is, but I think it was just too low voltage. I'll keep playing with it and see how high I can get it.

What kind of temps should I aim for?
As I was trying to say before, now that I know you had such a low voltage, I am 100% certain that it just needs some tweaking. After all, these were GTX 470s binned as GTX 465s, so tweaking is certainly required in order to get these cards to be comfortable as GTX 470s.

Now, 1.000V is pretty low, so you may need to keep increasing it. What are your clocks right now? I mean, do you have 607/1215/1674? If not, then what do you have?

Regarding temperatures: many people have noticed instability problems once the temps somewhere in the 80's.
Edited by TwoCables - 9/10/10 at 4:12pm
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3588 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker View Post
What kind of temps should I aim for?
around 40 idle and 70 load seems to be the range for these cards anything better is a plus!
post #3589 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker View Post
Upped the volts to 1.0 even, and made it through heaven. Max temp hit 70C, which I was expecting to be a bit less considering I haven't even start bumping up the clocks yet.

Here are some comparisons at 1680x1050 with the same settings on this machine.

EVGA Superclocked GTX460: 937
MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II GE: 910
MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II GE flashed to 470: 1118

I had a mini heart attack thinking this thing was broke. Maybe it is, but I think it was just too low voltage. I'll keep playing with it and see how high I can get it.

What kind of temps should I aim for?
Good stuff glad you got it working

Usually 470s run anywhere between .925 and .950. So yea depending on your particular card, you may have just needed more voltage. I think .912v was too low. You can now either try to see how low you can get the volts at stock clocks, or set it to a voltage you are comfortable with running 24/7 and see how far it'll go.

Can anyone advise on what would be the preferred voltage for 24/7 use? I am aware the max safe voltage allowed is 1.087, but obviously you're lowering the life of the chip by running it at the limit. So is 1.000v a safe 24/7 limit? I'm at 1.050v and wondering if it's maybe too much for 24/7 use.
spoolin_i7
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-980X @ 4.433GHz ASUS Rampage III Extreme eVGA GTX 670 FTW @ 1300MHz / 7245MHz Corsair Dominator GT @ 2002MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 80GB Asus DRW-24B1LT Windows 7 x64 Samsung S27A350H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Enermax Platimax 1200W Lian Li PC-T60B Logitech Anywhere MX 
  hide details  
Reply
spoolin_i7
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-980X @ 4.433GHz ASUS Rampage III Extreme eVGA GTX 670 FTW @ 1300MHz / 7245MHz Corsair Dominator GT @ 2002MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 80GB Asus DRW-24B1LT Windows 7 x64 Samsung S27A350H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Enermax Platimax 1200W Lian Li PC-T60B Logitech Anywhere MX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3590 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzymoose View Post
around 40 idle and 70 load seems to be the range for these cards anything better is a plus!
It's idling 33, maxed at 70 but heaven isn't exactly lengthy time-wise and I haven't OC'd...

Thanks
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 BE Biostar TA890FXE MSI GTX465(470) Twin Frozr II GE Mushkin DDR3 1600 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 64GB SATA3 SSD Windows 7 Home Premium x64 ASUS 246H XFX 750W 
CaseMouse Pad
Lian-Li Lancool PC-K62 Once you go black you never go back 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 BE Biostar TA890FXE MSI GTX465(470) Twin Frozr II GE Mushkin DDR3 1600 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 64GB SATA3 SSD Windows 7 Home Premium x64 ASUS 246H XFX 750W 
CaseMouse Pad
Lian-Li Lancool PC-K62 Once you go black you never go back 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II Golden Edition Owners Club