Originally Posted by shremi
LOL, sorry if i don't explain really well my stuff i am not from the US.
Yeah after windows 7 was installed i ran the windows 7 update and it installed the forcware 258.96. and since it didn't installed the nvidia control panel i poped the dvd that came with the card and installed the control panel.
Should i reinstall using this ???
Absolutely. But first, if I may, I recommend doing this:
- Install Driver Sweeper
- Delete the C:\\NVIDIA folder (it's a temporary folder, so this is safe)
- Uninstall all of the NVIDIA stuff in the Programs and Features control panel. This includes that Stereoscopic 3D driver (actually, always uninstall this after every update you do unless you really do use that high-tech 3D vision stuff)
- Open Device Manager and look for "Display adapters". It shouldn't be there after performing Step 3 above, but if it's there then expand it, right-click your card and choose Uninstall
- Reboot into Safe Mode
- Once in Safe Mode, open Driver Sweeper (open the Start menu and type Driver Sweeper and then press Enter)
- Select "NVIDIA - Display"
- Click "Clean"
- Close Driver Sweeper
- Reboot back into the normal mode of Windows
- Once back in Windows, install 258.96_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql.ex e
If Windows Update offers you a driver update for the graphics card, then right-click the update and choose "Hide". Try to avoid installing any
drivers offered by Windows Update.
Actually, before you do any of this, I recommend going into the Settings for Windows Update and changing it to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them". This gives you absolutely complete control over it.Edited by TwoCables - 10/15/10 at 10:39pm