Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II Golden Edition Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II Golden Edition Owners Club - Page 480

post #4791 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty88 View Post
Simply post anywhere in this thread with or send me a PM and I'll add you to the members list!


Happy unlocking!
Hello Frosty,
Just wanted to add myself to the list. 0652, unlocked without problem.
post #4792 of 5083
Hey!

I've had one for quite a while, but I haven't posted. My card number is 1917 and yes it is unlocked.
post #4793 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslash View Post
So if one of the fans is rattling on one of my cards since day one when running at 65%, would I get a RMA for that through MSI?
First time I ever quoted myself, but now that I think of it, if I RMA what kind of card I get is luck of the draw.
Both of my cards unlocked right away and are rediculous overclockers and work well together...if I get one that's an O/C or voltage slouch, or even worse won't unlock, then my whole setup will be kaput.

Unless they can just RMA the fan and not the whole card...
The Furnace
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.5ghz Gigabyte Z68X UD3H Gigabyte GTX 680 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 64GB SSD, Samsung 128GB SSD, Samsu... Vista 64 Asus 27'' Antec 1200 Watt 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
The Furnace
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.5ghz Gigabyte Z68X UD3H Gigabyte GTX 680 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 64GB SSD, Samsung 128GB SSD, Samsu... Vista 64 Asus 27'' Antec 1200 Watt 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4794 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslash View Post
So if one of the fans is rattling on one of my cards since day one when running at 65%, would I get a RMA for that through MSI?

First time I ever quoted myself, but now that I think of it, if I RMA what kind of card I get is luck of the draw.
Both of my cards unlocked right away and are rediculous overclockers and work well together...if I get one that's an O/C or voltage slouch, or even worse won't unlock, then my whole setup will be kaput.

Unless they can just RMA the fan and not the whole card...
That's actually a fairly common issue with these cards to have the fan rattle around 65%. A lot of people have just created a custom fan profile in AfterBurner to bypass 65%.
post #4795 of 5083
That's what I've done too for a while, was just hoping it won't be an issue sometime in the future with it breaking!
The Furnace
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.5ghz Gigabyte Z68X UD3H Gigabyte GTX 680 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 64GB SSD, Samsung 128GB SSD, Samsu... Vista 64 Asus 27'' Antec 1200 Watt 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
The Furnace
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.5ghz Gigabyte Z68X UD3H Gigabyte GTX 680 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial C300 64GB SSD, Samsung 128GB SSD, Samsu... Vista 64 Asus 27'' Antec 1200 Watt 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4796 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslash View Post
That's what I've done too for a while, was just hoping it won't be an issue sometime in the future with it breaking!
nah it should be alright my fans ramp up pretty high anyways. they don't seem to rattle too much as others have posted but still make a bit of noise around that mark. ya it's weird that they due that only around 65% and not higher or lower, but these fans seem pretty good otherwise. If they due have issues later on you could always RMA it then, but if you got a good pair of cards I'd just hang on to them.
post #4797 of 5083
Hi,
I have a question about gtx 465 from msi.
Can the normal version of twin frozr II gtx465 be unlocked into gtx 470?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II 245 MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum Gainward GTS250 2Gb DDR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar 500gb Windows XP Home SP3 Lg w1941s Modecom MC530 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II 245 MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum Gainward GTS250 2Gb DDR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar 500gb Windows XP Home SP3 Lg w1941s Modecom MC530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4798 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by james11 View Post
Hi,
I have a question about gtx 465 from msi.
Can the normal version of twin frozr II gtx465 be unlocked into gtx 470?
In all likelihood no. I would not buy one with any expectations. If you already have one you could check the mem chips but I would not buy one with any hopes. That's what the GE's are for
post #4799 of 5083
I can buy one in occasional price that why i'm asking.
So i have two questions.
If it won't have 10 ram chips can i unlock shaders by asus unlock tool?
Is twin frozr II quiet and does it have good performance??
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II 245 MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum Gainward GTS250 2Gb DDR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar 500gb Windows XP Home SP3 Lg w1941s Modecom MC530 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II 245 MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum Gainward GTS250 2Gb DDR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar 500gb Windows XP Home SP3 Lg w1941s Modecom MC530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4800 of 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by james11 View Post
I can buy one in occasional price that why i'm asking.
So i have two questions.
If it won't have 10 ram chips can i unlock shaders by asus unlock tool?
Is twin frozr II quiet and does it have good performance??
Yes that tool will unlock shader's if in fact the card has the right chip, but The non GE versions of the 465 twin frozr are just true 465's which will not unlock into anything. If your looking to unlock a card I would stay away from them. If you want a cheap 465 sure but a 460 will spank a 465 any day and can be had pretty cheap now since the 5xx's came out. If you really want to try and unlock a 465 into a 470 than get a "Golden Edition"

Yes I love these heat sinks they cool the fermi's pretty good. and the bling OMG the bling lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX465 Twin Frozr II Golden Edition Owners Club