New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Misfits - Page 429

post #4281 of 6206
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksword View Post
Ok so, i have HFM setup on my machine to read the progress on the Q9550, it is working locally, but how do I make it send you a link via dropbox, I have it all installed, but what file do I put in the dropbox? I tried placing a shortcut to the FAHLog.txt, but it is not allowing me to make a link for shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated.
Here ya go:

http://www.overclock.net/folding-hom...ahmon-hfm.html

Just skip the Fahmon stuff. Also go past the webhost stuff (as you are using dropbox). For target folder or URL put the URL for your dropbox public folder. AND pm me the url so I can put in the OP.
post #4282 of 6206
Thread Starter 
Ok, gonna have a double post here...but that's because the two topics have nothing to do with each other and I was replying to Hacksword on the previous one. So here goes:

Great job in October, MISFITS! Best month, points wise, that we've ever had and a big jump up to 2nd place. We still finished 442.7k pnts behind PPD Police..BUT with a couple of timing issues we could have been a LOT closer. I lost several hours on my last 6904...or I would have put up 380k pnts on teh 31st. Instead, I got 355k pnts on the 1st. That would have put us only 62.7k pnts behind at the bell. NLM gets a bigadv instead of smp units and we would have been right there. Here are how we did individually by Category and amount you were back of the 1st place folder:

sstnt, 2nd place, -437k back of 1st
Amang, 4th place, -57.5k
CHUNKYBOWSER, 2nd place, -256k
blazed_1, 1st place (Way to GO!), +16k
NLM, 7th place, -562k
adcantu, 7th place, -64k

So there's your target, MISFITS!

For November, we're starting out pretty well, just back of The PPD Police. After that 6904, I've gotten a couple of bigadvs now (there's a shortage of hugeadvs), so we might fall back if someone's lucky enough to get and finish a 6903 or 6904. As of 4 hours ago, we were 90.45k back, but I have that bigadv finishing up for 76k pnts this evening, and I know NLM has a bigadv finishing up late today or early tomorrow. We just have to fold as hard as we can, and let the chips fall where they may.

Try to get the max you can out of your equipment...but STABILITY and CONSISTENCY is key. WUs lost due to problems with a new OC you put in don't help. But obviously, if we don't do anything to improve, we'd have to count on other teams to screw up in order to win. So let's push it...but intelligently and incrementally. Fold on, MISFITS!
post #4283 of 6206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksword View Post
Ok so, i have HFM setup on my machine to read the progress on the Q9550, it is working locally, but how do I make it send you a link via dropbox, I have it all installed, but what file do I put in the dropbox? I tried placing a shortcut to the FAHLog.txt, but it is not allowing me to make a link for shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated.
I know that sstnt posted a link, but the simple explanation is that you change HFM to put the 'website' into the DropBox folder called 'Public'...

Once it has generated the first/initial files, right click the summary.html file and get the link address from there.......and put it in your sig, post it in the thread or PM it to me and/or sstnt for us to do what we need to do...


Quote:
Originally Posted by sstnt View Post
Ok, gonna have a double post here...but that's because the two topics have nothing to do with each other and I was replying to Hacksword on the previous one. So here goes:

Great job in October, MISFITS! Best month, points wise, that we've ever had and a big jump up to 2nd place. We still finished 442.7k pnts behind PPD Police..BUT with a couple of timing issues we could have been a LOT closer. I lost several hours on my last 6904...or I would have put up 380k pnts on teh 31st. Instead, I got 355k pnts on the 1st. That would have put us only 62.7k pnts behind at the bell. NLM gets a bigadv instead of smp units and we would have been right there. Here are how we did individually by Category and amount you were back of the 1st place folder:

sstnt, 2nd place, -437k back of 1st
Amang, 4th place, -57.5k
CHUNKYBOWSER, 2nd place, -256k
blazed_1, 1st place (Way to GO!), +16k
NLM, 7th place, -562k
adcantu, 7th place, -64k

So there's your target, MISFITS!

For November, we're starting out pretty well, just back of The PPD Police. After that 6904, I've gotten a couple of bigadvs now (there's a shortage of hugeadvs), so we might fall back if someone's lucky enough to get and finish a 6903 or 6904. As of 4 hours ago, we were 90.45k back, but I have that bigadv finishing up for 76k pnts this evening, and I know NLM has a bigadv finishing up late today or early tomorrow. We just have to fold as hard as we can, and let the chips fall where they may.

Try to get the max you can out of your equipment...but STABILITY and CONSISTENCY is key. WUs lost due to problems with a new OC you put in don't help. But obviously, if we don't do anything to improve, we'd have to count on other teams to screw up in order to win. So let's push it...but intelligently and incrementally. Fold on, MISFITS!
If I hadn't lost my WAN link it would have also meant that I wouldn't have lost about 12k points and maybe I could have squeezed another bigadv WU in before they dried up too...

Anyway, glad they're back...just like I'm glad my colleague is back - as it means I can do some of my own schtuffs again....
WKS04
(16 items)
 
WORK_PC
(13 items)
 
LAP03
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 (HT on) @3.6 GHz Asus P6T nVidia 250 6 GB OCZ Gold 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250 GB SATA CD DVD RW RASA RS360 Ubuntu 10.04 (W7U x64 as alternate boot) 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 19" (L194WS) LCD HP 15" LCD QWERTY (Logitech) High Power Plus 850W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Jeantech Phong2 Trackball (Logitech) n/a Hitachi AX-M5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q8400 Dell Optiplex 780 GT430 4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250 GB Yes W7 Pro (x86 - with Linux x64 VM) 2 x 24" Dell 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Yeah, got one of those... Dell Logitech Trackball 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T5670 (Core2Duo) HP on-board 4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250 GB CD DVD RW W7 Ultimate (x86) 17" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QWERTY on-board Laptop touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
WKS04
(16 items)
 
WORK_PC
(13 items)
 
LAP03
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 (HT on) @3.6 GHz Asus P6T nVidia 250 6 GB OCZ Gold 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250 GB SATA CD DVD RW RASA RS360 Ubuntu 10.04 (W7U x64 as alternate boot) 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 19" (L194WS) LCD HP 15" LCD QWERTY (Logitech) High Power Plus 850W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Jeantech Phong2 Trackball (Logitech) n/a Hitachi AX-M5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q8400 Dell Optiplex 780 GT430 4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250 GB Yes W7 Pro (x86 - with Linux x64 VM) 2 x 24" Dell 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Yeah, got one of those... Dell Logitech Trackball 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T5670 (Core2Duo) HP on-board 4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250 GB CD DVD RW W7 Ultimate (x86) 17" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QWERTY on-board Laptop touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4284 of 6206
Thread Starter 
Uploaded that bigadv and finally got a 6903....ppd back up to over 93k! It'll take 3 days to finish, but woth 276k pnts.

Blazed1...you sure you put the -bigadv tag on your 2500k? Seems like you're still getting just smp wus.

NLM finished up a bigadv but got an smp wu...gonna be a lot of that for now I think. Luck of the draw. All we can do is fold what we get, as quick as we can.
Edited by sstnt - 11/4/11 at 8:55am
post #4285 of 6206
I am trying to get a higher OC on my Q9550, but I think my motherboard is tired... New PSU and still having stability issues at anything over 3.4ghz. I am going to see what I can do in the way of a sweet lil 775 board. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should look for, I am all ears.
Sleeping Creepy
(16 items)
 
Fable Box
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k x79 Asus PNY GTX780 EVGA GTX780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Kingston HyperX XMP 120GB OCZ Vertex2 SSD Lightscribe DVD-DL Burner Custom Water Cooled 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate LG 42" 1080p HDMI 1200W Corsair Fractal Full Tower 
MouseOther
Logitech G9x Laser Wireless Xbox 360 Controllers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Asus P67 Sabertooth Geforce 460GTX Cyclone Kingston HyperX Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Western Digital 1TB Gaia  32" LG Flatron 750 Coolermaster 
  hide details  
Reply
Sleeping Creepy
(16 items)
 
Fable Box
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k x79 Asus PNY GTX780 EVGA GTX780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Kingston HyperX XMP 120GB OCZ Vertex2 SSD Lightscribe DVD-DL Burner Custom Water Cooled 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate LG 42" 1080p HDMI 1200W Corsair Fractal Full Tower 
MouseOther
Logitech G9x Laser Wireless Xbox 360 Controllers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Asus P67 Sabertooth Geforce 460GTX Cyclone Kingston HyperX Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Western Digital 1TB Gaia  32" LG Flatron 750 Coolermaster 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4286 of 6206
Sounds noisy...
WKS04
(16 items)
 
WORK_PC
(13 items)
 
LAP03
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 (HT on) @3.6 GHz Asus P6T nVidia 250 6 GB OCZ Gold 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250 GB SATA CD DVD RW RASA RS360 Ubuntu 10.04 (W7U x64 as alternate boot) 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 19" (L194WS) LCD HP 15" LCD QWERTY (Logitech) High Power Plus 850W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Jeantech Phong2 Trackball (Logitech) n/a Hitachi AX-M5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q8400 Dell Optiplex 780 GT430 4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250 GB Yes W7 Pro (x86 - with Linux x64 VM) 2 x 24" Dell 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Yeah, got one of those... Dell Logitech Trackball 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T5670 (Core2Duo) HP on-board 4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250 GB CD DVD RW W7 Ultimate (x86) 17" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QWERTY on-board Laptop touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
WKS04
(16 items)
 
WORK_PC
(13 items)
 
LAP03
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 (HT on) @3.6 GHz Asus P6T nVidia 250 6 GB OCZ Gold 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250 GB SATA CD DVD RW RASA RS360 Ubuntu 10.04 (W7U x64 as alternate boot) 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 19" (L194WS) LCD HP 15" LCD QWERTY (Logitech) High Power Plus 850W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Jeantech Phong2 Trackball (Logitech) n/a Hitachi AX-M5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q8400 Dell Optiplex 780 GT430 4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250 GB Yes W7 Pro (x86 - with Linux x64 VM) 2 x 24" Dell 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Yeah, got one of those... Dell Logitech Trackball 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T5670 (Core2Duo) HP on-board 4 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250 GB CD DVD RW W7 Ultimate (x86) 17" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QWERTY on-board Laptop touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4287 of 6206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksword
I am trying to get a higher OC on my Q9550, but I think my motherboard is tired... New PSU and still having stability issues at anything over 3.4ghz. I am going to see what I can do in the way of a sweet lil 775 board. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should look for, I am all ears.
If you can find one, the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P is an awesome 775 mobo. It can handle the high FSB needed for chips with low multi's like the Q9550.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstnt
Blazed1...you sure you put the -bigadv tag on your 2500k? Seems like you're still getting just smp wus.
It looks like my rig actually tried to pick up a bigadv but failed to decompress? Did this quite a few times then it just grabbed another regular smp.


Edit: Looks like I'm not the only one http://www.overclock.net/overclock-n...weird-one.html

Also, any recommendations on RAM?
Edited by blazed_1 - 11/4/11 at 2:24am
game rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro MSI 7970 2x2GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 CL6 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung 830 XSPC RX360 XSPC Raystorm EK 7970 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG W2240 Ducky Corsair AX 850 
CaseMouse
Switch 810 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
game rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro MSI 7970 2x2GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 CL6 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung 830 XSPC RX360 XSPC Raystorm EK 7970 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG W2240 Ducky Corsair AX 850 
CaseMouse
Switch 810 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4288 of 6206
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazed_1 View Post
If you can find one, the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P is an awesome 775 mobo. It can handle the high FSB needed for chips with low multi's like the Q9550.



It looks like my rig actually tried to pick up a bigadv but failed to decompress? Did this quite a few times then it just grabbed another regular smp.


Edit: Looks like I'm not the only one http://www.overclock.net/overclock-n...weird-one.html

Also, any recommendations on RAM?
Ripjaws or vengaence 2133mhz ram does VERY well with sandy bridge get low voltage high speeds, and see the PPD rise by about 5k PPD
Gaming 2016
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Gigabyte Z170M-D3H MSI GTX1070 8G ARMOR Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Seagate SHHD Cooler Master Nepton 240M 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro XB321HK Logitech 710 Corsair RM550x 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Silencio 352 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Presonus Eris 4.5 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming 2016
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Gigabyte Z170M-D3H MSI GTX1070 8G ARMOR Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Seagate SHHD Cooler Master Nepton 240M 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro XB321HK Logitech 710 Corsair RM550x 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Silencio 352 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Presonus Eris 4.5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4289 of 6206
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337LutZ 
Ripjaws or vengaence 2133mhz ram does VERY well with sandy bridge wink.gif get low voltage high speeds, and see the PPD rise by about 5k PPD

I'm guessing 4GB is plenty? How much does latency and timings matter?
game rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro MSI 7970 2x2GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 CL6 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung 830 XSPC RX360 XSPC Raystorm EK 7970 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG W2240 Ducky Corsair AX 850 
CaseMouse
Switch 810 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
game rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro MSI 7970 2x2GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 CL6 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung 830 XSPC RX360 XSPC Raystorm EK 7970 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG W2240 Ducky Corsair AX 850 
CaseMouse
Switch 810 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4290 of 6206
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazed_1 View Post
I'm guessing 4GB is plenty? How much does latency and timings matter?
If your running native Linux, 4gb is enough, 2gb sticks OC better as well, cheaper too.

The G.skill Eco 2x2gb cl7 1600mhz is the go, it's doing well for me.
Edited by Ishinomori - 11/4/11 at 4:54am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Team Competition