New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just Be Cause - Page 148  

post #1471 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337LutZ View Post
Ok thanks for the inside info

it are compression fittings and they dont leak as fast, i heard that those thermaltake things leak quite often
compressions are more likely to leak than barbs... it's mainly for cosmetics. i prefer my fatty compressions they're a pain to work with in certain areas.
Needs Updated
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 EVGA X58 3X SLI EVGA GTX580 (3 x 2GB) G.Skill PI Series 5-5-5-18 1.6V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2X WD 320GB Raid0 + WD500GB Heatkiller CPU/GPU blocks, Feser Quad/Dual rads Windows 7 Annihilation x64 40" Toshiba LED 120Hz 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair Pro Series Gold 1200W Corsair 800D Uber Modded Razer Mamba 2012 Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Scarab Logitech 5.1, Polk Audio 10" sub, Plantronics G... 
  hide details  
Needs Updated
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 EVGA X58 3X SLI EVGA GTX580 (3 x 2GB) G.Skill PI Series 5-5-5-18 1.6V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2X WD 320GB Raid0 + WD500GB Heatkiller CPU/GPU blocks, Feser Quad/Dual rads Windows 7 Annihilation x64 40" Toshiba LED 120Hz 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair Pro Series Gold 1200W Corsair 800D Uber Modded Razer Mamba 2012 Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Scarab Logitech 5.1, Polk Audio 10" sub, Plantronics G... 
  hide details  
post #1472 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBALT View Post
compressions are more likely to leak than barbs... it's mainly for cosmetics. i prefer my fatty compressions they're a pain to work with in certain areas.
Yeah, quite costly too!

I just went with 7/16th's ID over 1/2" barbs. A neat no clamp, no compression fit.

- fr0st.

post #1473 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st. View Post
Yeah, quite costly too!

I just went with 7/16th's ID over 1/2" barbs. A neat no clamp, no compression fit.

- fr0st.

I'll prob do that with my next setup. leak-free everytime. I think I got about $140 in just my compressions alone.... pffft..... could have been a BluRay drive

But it's def sexy lookin
Needs Updated
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 EVGA X58 3X SLI EVGA GTX580 (3 x 2GB) G.Skill PI Series 5-5-5-18 1.6V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2X WD 320GB Raid0 + WD500GB Heatkiller CPU/GPU blocks, Feser Quad/Dual rads Windows 7 Annihilation x64 40" Toshiba LED 120Hz 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair Pro Series Gold 1200W Corsair 800D Uber Modded Razer Mamba 2012 Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Scarab Logitech 5.1, Polk Audio 10" sub, Plantronics G... 
  hide details  
Needs Updated
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 EVGA X58 3X SLI EVGA GTX580 (3 x 2GB) G.Skill PI Series 5-5-5-18 1.6V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2X WD 320GB Raid0 + WD500GB Heatkiller CPU/GPU blocks, Feser Quad/Dual rads Windows 7 Annihilation x64 40" Toshiba LED 120Hz 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair Pro Series Gold 1200W Corsair 800D Uber Modded Razer Mamba 2012 Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Scarab Logitech 5.1, Polk Audio 10" sub, Plantronics G... 
  hide details  
post #1474 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBALT View Post
I'll prob do that with my next setup. leak-free everytime. I think I got about $140 in just my compressions alone.... pffft..... could have been a BluRay drive

But it's def sexy lookin
haha damn, 140 is alot But yea, its sexy looking i bet ya!
Gaming 2016
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Gigabyte Z170M-D3H MSI GTX1070 8G ARMOR Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Seagate SHHD Cooler Master Nepton 240M 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro XB321HK Logitech 710 Corsair RM550x 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Silencio 352 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Presonus Eris 4.5 
  hide details  
Gaming 2016
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Gigabyte Z170M-D3H MSI GTX1070 8G ARMOR Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Seagate SHHD Cooler Master Nepton 240M 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro XB321HK Logitech 710 Corsair RM550x 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Silencio 352 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Presonus Eris 4.5 
  hide details  
post #1475 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337LutZ View Post
haha damn, 140 is alot But yea, its sexy looking i bet ya!
Yeah, it cost me about 12$ for all my fittings

OFF TOPIC POST :
My aunt wants me to build her a handful of workstations. Budget of around 2K, you guys know anything about workstations?

Right now I just have a normal computer (2600K, 16GB RAM (Needed for workload), Couple of 1TB drives and a Quadro card) spec'd up, was wondering if you guys could help out? Know anything about Workstations?

:/

P.S. Imagine if I could get 8 2600K's @ 4GHz folding 12 hours a day all under my name (not using the same passkey so I don't break the team comp). So many points! :O
post #1476 of 5761
I don't even know what a workstation is

I'll learn for one of them 8 cpu's to fold under my name

What did u need help with, exactly?
Needs Updated
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 EVGA X58 3X SLI EVGA GTX580 (3 x 2GB) G.Skill PI Series 5-5-5-18 1.6V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2X WD 320GB Raid0 + WD500GB Heatkiller CPU/GPU blocks, Feser Quad/Dual rads Windows 7 Annihilation x64 40" Toshiba LED 120Hz 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair Pro Series Gold 1200W Corsair 800D Uber Modded Razer Mamba 2012 Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Scarab Logitech 5.1, Polk Audio 10" sub, Plantronics G... 
  hide details  
Needs Updated
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 EVGA X58 3X SLI EVGA GTX580 (3 x 2GB) G.Skill PI Series 5-5-5-18 1.6V 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2X WD 320GB Raid0 + WD500GB Heatkiller CPU/GPU blocks, Feser Quad/Dual rads Windows 7 Annihilation x64 40" Toshiba LED 120Hz 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair Pro Series Gold 1200W Corsair 800D Uber Modded Razer Mamba 2012 Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Scarab Logitech 5.1, Polk Audio 10" sub, Plantronics G... 
  hide details  
post #1477 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBALT View Post
I don't even know what a workstation is

I'll learn for one of them 8 cpu's to fold under my name

What did u need help with, exactly?
I've just got some random questions, things about the nVidia Quadro cards.

Depending on what work they're doing they might need to be more CPU based.

I just need someone to look over a parts list and tell me if it'd do okay as a workstation or not.

They were going to buy from a local IT company but they were going to be over charged about 500-700$ so I'd said I'd to it for them cheaper.

I'm sure they'd do well with a consumer level card, they're getting pretty powerful nowadays.

Maybe if it's more CPU orientated work then I'll build them 970 rigs and get one for myself! :O That'd help the team out a bit

I'm going to talk to my aunt this weekend, so I'll get a better idea of what they need it for and what I need to target it at.

Thanks for the offer though Kob
post #1478 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st. View Post
I've just got some random questions, things about the nVidia Quadro cards.

Depending on what work they're doing they might need to be more CPU based.

I just need someone to look over a parts list and tell me if it'd do okay as a workstation or not.

They were going to buy from a local IT company but they were going to be over charged about 500-700$ so I'd said I'd to it for them cheaper.

I'm sure they'd do well with a consumer level card, they're getting pretty powerful nowadays.

Maybe if it's more CPU orientated work then I'll build them 970 rigs and get one for myself! :O That'd help the team out a bit

I'm going to talk to my aunt this weekend, so I'll get a better idea of what they need it for and what I need to target it at.

Thanks for the offer though Kob
Even if its more CPU oriented a 2600K is better, since it has Quick Sync and AVX, so threading is way more optimized then on the 1st i7 series.

Tell me what programs she wants to use, you can always get a light weight quadro card
Gaming 2016
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Gigabyte Z170M-D3H MSI GTX1070 8G ARMOR Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Seagate SHHD Cooler Master Nepton 240M 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro XB321HK Logitech 710 Corsair RM550x 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Silencio 352 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Presonus Eris 4.5 
  hide details  
Gaming 2016
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Gigabyte Z170M-D3H MSI GTX1070 8G ARMOR Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Seagate SHHD Cooler Master Nepton 240M 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro XB321HK Logitech 710 Corsair RM550x 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Silencio 352 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Presonus Eris 4.5 
  hide details  
post #1479 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337LutZ View Post
Even if its more CPU oriented a 2600K is better, since it has Quick Sync and AVX, so threading is way more optimized then on the 1st i7 series.

Tell me what programs she wants to use, you can always get a light weight quadro card
Her company does engineering, so they'd be using AutoDesk everything.

I was thinking 2600K, 16GB RAM, Quadro FX1800. Something like that.
post #1480 of 5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st. View Post
Her company does engineering, so they'd be using AutoDesk everything.

I was thinking 2600K, 16GB RAM, Quadro FX1800. Something like that.
Yea that sounds good
Gaming 2016
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Gigabyte Z170M-D3H MSI GTX1070 8G ARMOR Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Seagate SHHD Cooler Master Nepton 240M 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro XB321HK Logitech 710 Corsair RM550x 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Silencio 352 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Presonus Eris 4.5 
  hide details  
Gaming 2016
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Gigabyte Z170M-D3H MSI GTX1070 8G ARMOR Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Seagate SHHD Cooler Master Nepton 240M 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro XB321HK Logitech 710 Corsair RM550x 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Silencio 352 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Presonus Eris 4.5 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Team Competition
This thread is locked