Originally Posted by StormX2
people keep sayign its not a gaming rig, sure, its primary function is known - but you think this guy doesnt load up a fun game here and there to pwn it out?
Seriously guys, hes got 7 screens to clean from fapo overload
lol once in while I actually play Smash Bros. Brawl with a Wii Emulator on the computer. It's actually much better than playing a normal Wii since you can re-render the game in any resolution (the Wii console only does Standard def.) Surprisingly this emulator is about 2-3 times as computing intensive as Crysis, but somehow I don't think that's going to be a problem
Originally Posted by d33r
when you gona put it inside the computer case? i really dont like it when people have all there stuff just laying around outside on a table...makes me want to walk up to it and sneeze all over their hardware...or do worse too it..
Originally Posted by akrEAGLE
Ok so here's the list of parts that I will most likely switch out; feel free to critique -
- Sell the i7 980x and Rampage III Extreme
- Return the 3ware 9750-8i RAID card
- Buy MegaRAID 9211-8i or 9260-8i RAID card
- Buy an SR-2
- Get Dual ES X5650/X5680 xeons
- (possibly) Return/Sell current phase change
- (possibly) Buy dual evaperator phase change?
- (possibly) Buy water cooling parts for chilled water?
- Switch from 8 Vertex SSD's to 8 C300 SSD's
- Buy 24GB more RAM and get RAMdisk software to run OS on RAM
And I was thinking if I'm going to build a rig with this much power, might as well
- Buy or rent 2 Ln2 / Dice pots!!!
Doing extreme benches and an in-depth review on the Xeons in an insane computer build will probably also give Intel a great incentive to send me their CPU's in the future. (And it will make a great video to start my t3chnews site with
Now I just need to wait until I have 35 reps so I can sell on the OCN marketplace...
As I said before I will be upgrading and switching out quite a few parts so putting it in it's case would be pointless.
And that just reminded me, I'm probably going to be modding the 800D to fit the SR-2. Now I just need to find where I can get the MountainMods SR-2 tray.