Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › [Official] Scythe GentleTyphoon club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Scythe GentleTyphoon club - Page 43

post #421 of 3068
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
+ shipping.....did you get them cheaper
The ones I got are of different models so we can't really compare. Plus this was a while back and the yen may have gotten stronger since then.
Edited by reaper~ - 12/8/10 at 8:59am
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #422 of 3068

Oh OK....yeah, these little guys are pricey but oh so nice

Here's a video I made for bing:


note - the 5100RPM speed shown is normal due to the additional pressure created mounting the fan on a heatsink
Edited by miahallen - 12/8/10 at 9:07am
Water & Wood
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Formula tri-SLI GTX 580 G.Skill DDR3-1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 Segate Momentus XT LG Blu-Ray combo drive Custom water loop for CPU & GPUs 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Acer H5360 (100" 1280x720 3D projector) Asus VG278HE Asus VG278HE 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG278HE XARMOR U9BL Corsair AX1200 home built 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitch G400 Custom 7.1 home theater system 7 channel SimVibe setup with 10 tactile transdu... Fanatec ClubSport Wheel with F1 & BMW GT rims 
OtherOther
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals Thrustmaster TH 8RS manual shifter. 
  hide details  
Reply
Water & Wood
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Formula tri-SLI GTX 580 G.Skill DDR3-1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 Segate Momentus XT LG Blu-Ray combo drive Custom water loop for CPU & GPUs 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Acer H5360 (100" 1280x720 3D projector) Asus VG278HE Asus VG278HE 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG278HE XARMOR U9BL Corsair AX1200 home built 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitch G400 Custom 7.1 home theater system 7 channel SimVibe setup with 10 tactile transdu... Fanatec ClubSport Wheel with F1 & BMW GT rims 
OtherOther
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals Thrustmaster TH 8RS manual shifter. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #423 of 3068
Thread Starter 
^ Thanks for the vid and also for pointing out that Nidec also offers the PWM on that 5400RPM model. Guess I'll be getting those next.
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #424 of 3068
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper~ View Post
I mean I'd placed an order in that thread with Nathan from Koolertek (not ordering directly by myself). Also I see you've already posted in that pre-order thread.
I see, well you can keep your order for Martin if you want, as I'm mainly looking at the 5400, not the 2150 you had planned for him.
post #425 of 3068
Thread Starter 
^ Heh, since he's on so many forums, I wonder if someone else has already arranged to send the 2150 model to him for testing. Oh well, only Martin can clear this up.
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #426 of 3068
Quote:
Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
Oh OK....yeah, these little guys are pricey but oh so nice

Here's a video I made for bing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUZtA8Lp_j0

note - the 5100RPM speed shown is normal due to the additional pressure created mounting the fan on a heatsink
I love how you say "pretty impressive for a 25mm fan"
I'd say phenomenal for a 25mm fan!
post #427 of 3068
The wisdom of Nathan's and Bing's choosing to order PWM fans becomes apparent: the 5400 rpm fan needs 2.7 Amps to start up, and even the 2150 rpm needs 0.53A to start. Best to power these from Molex.

That 5400 rpm fan sounded great, but so did the 3100 rpm. Wonderful for heatsinks; and you can wick them down for quiet operation.
alpha updated
(19 items)
 
secundus
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming-7 Intel HD4600 Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 8GB Ki... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. C Windows 8.1 Home Premium 64-bit Acer K242HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell SK-8110 (PS/2) Seasonic X460 Fanless motherboard tray from CM ATCS 840 Logitech MX 1100 
Mouse PadAudio
Dell Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 Gigabyte GA P55M UD2 ZOTAC/NVidia GTX 650 Ti 2GB 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333 CAS9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 7200.12 Plextor 24x DVD burner Cooler Master Hyper Z600R Win7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell E207WFP 20-inch flat panel Logitech Wireless 510 Seasonic X-650 fully modular 80+ Gold Lian Li PC-7FN 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Mouse WACOM Intuos 3 generic 
  hide details  
Reply
alpha updated
(19 items)
 
secundus
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming-7 Intel HD4600 Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 8GB Ki... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. C Windows 8.1 Home Premium 64-bit Acer K242HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell SK-8110 (PS/2) Seasonic X460 Fanless motherboard tray from CM ATCS 840 Logitech MX 1100 
Mouse PadAudio
Dell Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 Gigabyte GA P55M UD2 ZOTAC/NVidia GTX 650 Ti 2GB 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333 CAS9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 7200.12 Plextor 24x DVD burner Cooler Master Hyper Z600R Win7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell E207WFP 20-inch flat panel Logitech Wireless 510 Seasonic X-650 fully modular 80+ Gold Lian Li PC-7FN 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Mouse WACOM Intuos 3 generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #428 of 3068
Thread Starter 
Well, now that Scythe decides to sell both 5400 & 4250 RPM here, I guess I'll be adding them to the list. So please post here if you have either model. It should be out sometimes next week.
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #429 of 3068
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper~ View Post
Well, now that Scythe decides to sell both 5400 & 4250 RPM here, I guess I'll be adding them to the list. So please post here if you have either model. It should be out sometimes next week.
Scythe is selling them? How did you find out?
alpha updated
(19 items)
 
secundus
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming-7 Intel HD4600 Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 8GB Ki... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. C Windows 8.1 Home Premium 64-bit Acer K242HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell SK-8110 (PS/2) Seasonic X460 Fanless motherboard tray from CM ATCS 840 Logitech MX 1100 
Mouse PadAudio
Dell Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 Gigabyte GA P55M UD2 ZOTAC/NVidia GTX 650 Ti 2GB 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333 CAS9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 7200.12 Plextor 24x DVD burner Cooler Master Hyper Z600R Win7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell E207WFP 20-inch flat panel Logitech Wireless 510 Seasonic X-650 fully modular 80+ Gold Lian Li PC-7FN 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Mouse WACOM Intuos 3 generic 
  hide details  
Reply
alpha updated
(19 items)
 
secundus
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming-7 Intel HD4600 Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 8GB Ki... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. C Windows 8.1 Home Premium 64-bit Acer K242HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell SK-8110 (PS/2) Seasonic X460 Fanless motherboard tray from CM ATCS 840 Logitech MX 1100 
Mouse PadAudio
Dell Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 Gigabyte GA P55M UD2 ZOTAC/NVidia GTX 650 Ti 2GB 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333 CAS9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 7200.12 Plextor 24x DVD burner Cooler Master Hyper Z600R Win7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell E207WFP 20-inch flat panel Logitech Wireless 510 Seasonic X-650 fully modular 80+ Gold Lian Li PC-7FN 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wireless Mouse WACOM Intuos 3 generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #430 of 3068
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehume View Post
Scythe is selling them? How did you find out?
Here, here plus the confirmation email I got from them.
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › [Official] Scythe GentleTyphoon club