Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › need Some serious help plz
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

need Some serious help plz

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
ok another forum for me to try to solve a problem,i have posted/email at asus,nvidia,and alot of other gaming forums.

Problem- Grapahicial Glitches on FPS Games See 2nd post for pictures

My System-
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/23/05 10:52:18 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
--------------------------------------------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Motherboard-Asus P5VD1-X
Power supply- Antec 480w

Things I have Tried From other suggestions-
-Added a fan for extra cooling incase i was over heating
- Tried Nvidia Drivers 66.93-71[1].89-77.72-77.77-81.85-81.95-81.88
- Tried disabling HT in Bios.
- Updated Bios, VIA, and all other drivers
- I have no overclocking Utilities installed (vid card came with a util Smart
Doctor and i did have rivatuner installed)
My Pc meets the minimum requirements for most games and recomended except for the 512 mb of ram.

lets see if anyone here can figure this out, Thanks
post #2 of 11
Thread Starter 

*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--

*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--

*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--

*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--

*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--

*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--

*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--*--/\\\\/--

You notice how the graphics are drawn out of proportions and characters have like a spikey ball to them.I normally have to Alt-tab to clear but doesnt fix problem when i turn a corner there it is again
post #3 of 11
those are artifacts normally caused by temps being to high ..Have you checked the your gpu temp
Atomic Mushroom 2
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 920 @4.4 Asus P6T DELUXE Toxic 5870 12 GB CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 64gb Crucial C300 + 4 x Samsung F3 1TB LG Blu-Ray + HD Burner WINDOWS 7 X64 ASUS 24" MK241H HDMI + 42"plasma 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX1000w Silverstone TJ 07 G9 + Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
Atomic Mushroom 2
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 920 @4.4 Asus P6T DELUXE Toxic 5870 12 GB CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 64gb Crucial C300 + 4 x Samsung F3 1TB LG Blu-Ray + HD Burner WINDOWS 7 X64 ASUS 24" MK241H HDMI + 42"plasma 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX1000w Silverstone TJ 07 G9 + Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 11
new drivers are out 84.25 try them and report back.
FX-57 Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon64 FX-57 DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR EVGA 7950GX2 OCZ 2x1 GB 2-3-2-5 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
74GB Raptor Windows Vista Ultimate Acer AL2216W 22" Widescreen Saitek Eclipse (Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
680W Aspire Thermaltake Armor Logitech G5 Icemat v2 
  hide details  
Reply
FX-57 Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon64 FX-57 DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR EVGA 7950GX2 OCZ 2x1 GB 2-3-2-5 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
74GB Raptor Windows Vista Ultimate Acer AL2216W 22" Widescreen Saitek Eclipse (Blue) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
680W Aspire Thermaltake Armor Logitech G5 Icemat v2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopes
new drivers are out 84.25 try them and report back.
I tried those 84.xx series drivers in my en6600GT/top and they were for the 7xxx series nvida cards, I recommend one of these 2 if you have to have later model drivers 81.98 or 81.89 I use the 81.98 with EXCELLENT scores on 3dmark01se @ 20000+ my low score was 19,400 with no overclock on the GPU and a 200mhz overclock on the CPU @ 3-2-2-3 2t timings DDR2 PC2-4300 sys bus 533. In other words run fairly stock everything until your sure the drivers work.

The main thing is to make sure your run a driver eliminator like I use NFR (nasty file remover) or detonator den anyways make sue your virus protect is OFF I shut everything except needed programs for windows etc. also if you want to run an enhanced driver along with the forceware driver install them separate reboot between each driver and install the forcrware 1st then the enhanced then any other needed drivers per your configuration needs such as a WMC Tv tuner etc. hope it works out.

I run the forceware 81.98 with the asus enhanced drivers then I run Riva Tuner with there Nvidia Quadro FX 540 Pro setting enabled and it is by far to date the best combination I have found for my N43 en6600gt/top

Go for it! And get back to us ,
Oknilp.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 775 3.4x ASUS P5AD2-XE Asus E6600GT Patriot 5600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 74 Raptor & WD Scsi 40 W2K Pro & XP Home '17 & 19' CRTs MS Net Series 
PowerCaseMouse
ANTEC 480 NEO POWER Antec "Super Lanboy" MS Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 775 3.4x ASUS P5AD2-XE Asus E6600GT Patriot 5600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 74 Raptor & WD Scsi 40 W2K Pro & XP Home '17 & 19' CRTs MS Net Series 
PowerCaseMouse
ANTEC 480 NEO POWER Antec "Super Lanboy" MS Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 11
They seem artifacts caused by the overheating of the GPU, maybe your GPU heatsink/fan aren't in the right position and are not cooling the chip properly. Try to remove the heatsink and the fan cooling the gpu, clean the thermal grease, and after put some new grease and put the cooler back, just make sure it's in place.
Centurion
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 @3.3GHz 1.25V Gigabyte 790X-DS4 XFX 5850 8GB OCZ DDR2-800 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 TRUE Win 7 Pro x64 ACER 23" TN  
PowerCase
400W Silverstone Strider Antec P182 
  hide details  
Reply
Centurion
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 @3.3GHz 1.25V Gigabyte 790X-DS4 XFX 5850 8GB OCZ DDR2-800 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 TRUE Win 7 Pro x64 ACER 23" TN  
PowerCase
400W Silverstone Strider Antec P182 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDANxx
ok another forum for me to try to solve a problem,i have posted/email at asus,nvidia,and alot of other gaming forums.

Problem- Grapahicial Glitches on FPS Games See 2nd post for pictures

My System-
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/23/05 10:52:18 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
--------------------------------------------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Motherboard-Asus P5VD1-X
Power supply- Antec 480w

Things I have Tried From other suggestions-
-Added a fan for extra cooling incase i was over heating
- Tried Nvidia Drivers 66.93-71[1].89-77.72-77.77-81.85-81.95-81.88
- Tried disabling HT in Bios.
- Updated Bios, VIA, and all other drivers
- I have no overclocking Utilities installed (vid card came with a util Smart
Doctor and i did have rivatuner installed)
My Pc meets the minimum requirements for most games and recomended except for the 512 mb of ram.

lets see if anyone here can figure this out, Thanks
try reinstalling the game itself... a while back i had a similer problem with a game that was a result of a bad install
Elite1705
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo T7200 2 Ghz Go 7900 GS 2GB G.Skill 667Mhz 120 Gb 5400 RPM 
Optical DriveMonitorCase
DVDRom/CDRW 17" Widescreen Dell Inspiron E1705 
  hide details  
Reply
Elite1705
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo T7200 2 Ghz Go 7900 GS 2GB G.Skill 667Mhz 120 Gb 5400 RPM 
Optical DriveMonitorCase
DVDRom/CDRW 17" Widescreen Dell Inspiron E1705 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
OK I took off the fan/cooling unit on my processor and re-installed it did and it not help.I ran a gaming sesion for about an hour and ran Rivatuners hardware monitoring. Here is the ranges for each system monitored.

Core Clock-300.86-501.43 (consistant)
Mem. Clock- 1002.38 (consistant)
Core VID-6.0-7.0
Core Temp-51deg.C-57deg.C
Ambient Temp- 41-43 deg.C
Fan Speed -5190 rpm
Video Mem. Usage- up to 51.76mb
Local Mem. Usage- Same as VM usage
Non-local mem usage-17.94

I will try the 84.21 drivers but dont think it will help.
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Bump
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDANxx
OK I took off the fan/cooling unit on my processor and re-installed it did and it not help.I ran a gaming sesion for about an hour and ran Rivatuners hardware monitoring. Here is the ranges for each system monitored.

Core Clock-300.86-501.43 (consistant)
Mem. Clock- 1002.38 (consistant)
Core VID-6.0-7.0
Core Temp-51deg.C-57deg.C
Ambient Temp- 41-43 deg.C
Fan Speed -5190 rpm
Video Mem. Usage- up to 51.76mb
Local Mem. Usage- Same as VM usage
Non-local mem usage-17.94

I will try the 84.21 drivers but dont think it will help.

re-installed THE GAME right?
Elite1705
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo T7200 2 Ghz Go 7900 GS 2GB G.Skill 667Mhz 120 Gb 5400 RPM 
Optical DriveMonitorCase
DVDRom/CDRW 17" Widescreen Dell Inspiron E1705 
  hide details  
Reply
Elite1705
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo T7200 2 Ghz Go 7900 GS 2GB G.Skill 667Mhz 120 Gb 5400 RPM 
Optical DriveMonitorCase
DVDRom/CDRW 17" Widescreen Dell Inspiron E1705 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › need Some serious help plz