Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › *OFFICIAL* Final Fantasy XIV Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*OFFICIAL* Final Fantasy XIV Discussion Thread - Page 119

post #1181 of 1443
We definitely need a vent or some type of voice communication. The party earlier was a total mess + the server lag so it takes forever to relay info by typing.

In that note, I'm offering my vent for parties and such but as of now it has only 25 slot. I would slot in the future if needed. Those who are interested please PM me. or either way I'm gonna spam you in game if vent is really needed.
new intel rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Batch#: 3931A324 Bloodrage GTI XFX 1g 4850 3x1gb G.Skill 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5V 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 640gb black Windows 7 Professional LG w2253tq CM Real Power Pro 750W 
CaseMouse
CM 690 II Advance OCZ Equalizer Z 
  hide details  
Reply
new intel rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Batch#: 3931A324 Bloodrage GTI XFX 1g 4850 3x1gb G.Skill 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5V 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 640gb black Windows 7 Professional LG w2253tq CM Real Power Pro 750W 
CaseMouse
CM 690 II Advance OCZ Equalizer Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1182 of 1443
Anyone want to give me tips on crafting? I need a new level for my lancer and I have no idea how to craft
FX-8320
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3 XFX Radeon 5450 Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Evo 120GB Western Digital 2TB Green LG DVD-RW Cooler Master Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Dell S2740L Logitech K750 Antec 850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Source 210 Elite Logitech M705 Razer Goliathus Altec Lansing VS4621 
OtherOther
NXZT Aperture M TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 
  hide details  
Reply
FX-8320
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3 XFX Radeon 5450 Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Evo 120GB Western Digital 2TB Green LG DVD-RW Cooler Master Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Dell S2740L Logitech K750 Antec 850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Source 210 Elite Logitech M705 Razer Goliathus Altec Lansing VS4621 
OtherOther
NXZT Aperture M TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1183 of 1443
Quote:
Originally Posted by michintom View Post
Anyone want to give me tips on crafting? I need a new level for my lancer and I have no idea how to craft
Here are my tips/guide:

If orb is white: Standard unless durability + progress is below 95%
If orb is red: Standard
If orb is yellow: Rapid
Ir orb is flashing: Wait up to 4 times and if it is still flashing after 4 waits then go rapid.

And be wary of the quests you take on, doing a Rank 10 Leve with even 9 Level is difficult and risky.
Breaks Too Often
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Gigabyte DS4 Sapphire HD5770 2x2gb Ocz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120gb + 500gb Maxtor NEC DVD Burner Windows 7 Pro 22" Acer Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Saitek Eclipse II 600w OCZ GameXStream Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
Breaks Too Often
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Gigabyte DS4 Sapphire HD5770 2x2gb Ocz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120gb + 500gb Maxtor NEC DVD Burner Windows 7 Pro 22" Acer Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Saitek Eclipse II 600w OCZ GameXStream Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1184 of 1443
Quote:
Originally Posted by michintom View Post
Anyone want to give me tips on crafting? I need a new level for my lancer and I have no idea how to craft
look out for the color and sparks.

white** = the item is stable. (Rapid or Standard doesn't matter which because the item is stable so both have a high percentage of success)

yellow = stable but somewhat volatile. (This one is a coin toss, either Rapid or Standard because the item is 50% volatile and 50% stable.)

red = volatile. (Rapid)

multicolor = unstable. (I'd choose wait and hope it changes color, if not, pick standard or rapid and hope you succeed.)

Standard > Rapid > Bold

Note:

**When I first start crafting, the item would be white! For some reason rapid is giving me a high success as a starting synthesis. It may or may not work so I suggest giving rapid a try at first then decide from there.

Sparks could mean a bad or a good thing, mostly its bad (less success) in my experience. I heard some claiming that sparks gave them a +1 result which never happened in my case.

Most important of all!! Don't throw consecutive synthesis like 3 rapids or 3 standard. AND after the 3rd synthesis, throw a wait in there regardless of the color just to give the item a breathing room.

You lose more durability when using standard than rapid. It is said that bold synthesis is useless except for quality! It is useless because success rate is low but then you get a high quality item which could result to a +1 result

Disclaimer: All of this is theory crafting according to my experiences and info I gathered from different sources.
Edited by cutegelo - 9/28/10 at 12:06am
new intel rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Batch#: 3931A324 Bloodrage GTI XFX 1g 4850 3x1gb G.Skill 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5V 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 640gb black Windows 7 Professional LG w2253tq CM Real Power Pro 750W 
CaseMouse
CM 690 II Advance OCZ Equalizer Z 
  hide details  
Reply
new intel rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Batch#: 3931A324 Bloodrage GTI XFX 1g 4850 3x1gb G.Skill 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5V 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 640gb black Windows 7 Professional LG w2253tq CM Real Power Pro 750W 
CaseMouse
CM 690 II Advance OCZ Equalizer Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1185 of 1443
Id like to be added to the list, Im on Lindblum currently archer 22, carpenter 16. Arkh Longstride Hyur male, born on Limsa Lominsa =)
post #1186 of 1443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
It is supported for me, I do not use Radeon pro as it locks up my system consistently. I know crossfire is running because I have MSI AB logging in the background and it shows both GPU's at 100% usage during game run time. Also, I run ATI CCC's CFX logo every now and then and it shows it.
Unfortunately neither of those are reliable indicators of crossfire actually working. Try disabling xfire and comparing your framerates vs. xfire enabled and see if there's a big difference ... I've found that anything else is an unreliable measure.

Not saying you're wrong, as I don't know anything about this particular game, I just know I've looked at the same indicators before and assumed multi-gpu was working, only to later discover FPS was actually the same even with multi-gpu disabled
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1187 of 1443
So is this game strictly multi-player (or really lame as single-player) and does it cost to play online?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1188 of 1443
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
So is this game strictly multi-player (or really lame as single-player) and does it cost to play online?
Yes it does cost to play online. It's a little over 10$ for a month. I say a little over because it depends on the amount of characters you have since they charge you 300 crysta per month, per character.
post #1189 of 1443
I just D/L a patch, anyone else having trouble logging in?? I keep getting a server error 1015 or something : /

I wish they'd make the server maintenance news a little more available.
Edited by Dankebudz - 9/28/10 at 11:54am
post #1190 of 1443
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegelo View Post
look out for the color and sparks.

white** = the item is stable. (Rapid or Standard doesn't matter which because the item is stable so both have a high percentage of success)

yellow = stable but somewhat volatile. (This one is a coin toss, either Rapid or Standard because the item is 50% volatile and 50% stable.)

red = volatile. (Rapid)

multicolor = unstable. (I'd choose wait and hope it changes color, if not, pick standard or rapid and hope you succeed.)

Standard > Rapid > Bold

Note:




**When I first start crafting, the item would be white! For some reason rapid is giving me a high success as a starting synthesis. It may or may not work so I suggest giving rapid a try at first then decide from there.

Sparks could mean a bad or a good thing, mostly its bad (less success) in my experience. I heard some claiming that sparks gave them a +1 result which never happened in my case.

Most important of all!! Don't throw consecutive synthesis like 3 rapids or 3 standard. AND after the 3rd synthesis, throw a wait in there regardless of the color just to give the item a breathing room.

You lose more durability when using standard than rapid. It is said that bold synthesis is useless except for quality! It is useless because success rate is low but then you get a high quality item which could result to a +1 result

Disclaimer: All of this is theory crafting according to my experiences and info I gathered from different sources.
From what i have gathered i agree with the stuff you said. However when doing leves i would suggest just always doing rapid. It gets you the most progress for the least durability hit. When making your own items to sell you can try and get quality. But basically Normal is for a good mix of quality and progress, bold high quality low progress, and rapid does high progress low quality.
Darkness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k asus z97-ar gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming G-Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Samsung EVO 840 Windows 8 Pro 64Bit Ultrasharp 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP W2338H 23" Black Widow Ultimate Corsair HK1000W Corsair 600T SE 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2 Zowie (Pure exellence) dt880 sound blaster recon3d 
Audio
swan m10 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k asus z97-ar gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming G-Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Samsung EVO 840 Windows 8 Pro 64Bit Ultrasharp 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP W2338H 23" Black Widow Ultimate Corsair HK1000W Corsair 600T SE 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2 Zowie (Pure exellence) dt880 sound blaster recon3d 
Audio
swan m10 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › *OFFICIAL* Final Fantasy XIV Discussion Thread