Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread - Page 1033

post #10321 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYDeath View Post

Unless you play thief, then don't bother.

Why!? Thief is one of the easiest and strongest classes to play, especially on the PvP/WvW side. Dungeons really doesnt matter what class you are, World content i could see them having issues due to not having a great array of AoE spam abilities though. Thats about it where their issues are. Imo it goes Warrior, Thief and Ranger at the top. These classes are great or insane in several of the modes. Warrior and Ranger are great at pretty much every mode. Thief lacks a little as they dont really have much AoE damage for PvE farming, it can be done but just not as well.
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10322 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post

Why!? Thief is one of the easiest and strongest classes to play, especially on the PvP/WvW side. Dungeons really doesnt matter what class you are, World content i could see them having issues due to not having a great array of AoE spam abilities though. Thats about it where their issues are. Imo it goes Warrior, Thief and Ranger at the top. These classes are great or insane in several of the modes. Warrior and Ranger are great at pretty much every mode. Thief lacks a little as they dont really have much AoE damage for PvE farming, it can be done but just not as well.

That's a funny joke you made there.

Want stealth? Go play mesmer. Want to dodge? Go play shiro. Want conditions? Go play Reaper.

Thieves right now are only good at two things: running away from a fight and de-capping. They don't even have respectable burst damage with the buffs to the other classes these days.
post #10323 of 10385
I like the new daily login rewards. And that they're repeatable. And you don't lose login rewards progression if you miss a day.

Now I can level my guardian even without playing, so that when I do want to play, he's ready for me to equip with the top stuff and I can actually have fun.
post #10324 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYDeath View Post

That's a funny joke you made there.

Want stealth? Go play mesmer. Want to dodge? Go play shiro. Want conditions? Go play Reaper.

Thieves right now are only good at two things: running away from a fight and de-capping. They don't even have respectable burst damage with the buffs to the other classes these days.

Yeah you do know that not every Mesmer runs PU. Also, you cant mention class specializations that havent even been released. I'd also say that Sword/X and staff Thief will be rather strong with its dodge spamming as well. By the sounds of it, you assume Guild Wars 2 is about 1 game mode and the LEAST played one at that. You do know Guild Wars 2 has PvE and WvW modes as well right? Thief is insanely strong, the problem is, now that they have been made more balanced, all the crap players that relied on cheese spamming stealth and Backstab are beginning to struggle.
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10325 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post

Yeah you do know that not every Mesmer runs PU. Also, you cant mention class specializations that havent even been released. I'd also say that Sword/X and staff Thief will be rather strong with its dodge spamming as well. By the sounds of it, you assume Guild Wars 2 is about 1 game mode and the LEAST played one at that. You do know Guild Wars 2 has PvE and WvW modes as well right? Thief is insanely strong, the problem is, now that they have been made more balanced, all the crap players that relied on cheese spamming stealth and Backstab are beginning to struggle.

I doubt you play thief judging by what you're saying. The mention of "cheese" with backstabbing means you're probably in WvW, getting thrashed by someone with substantially better gear because in PvE they're a much higher level.

Thief whining is rubbish meant to cover up your own shortcomings as a player - and you know it.

Also I'm a PvE Thief, I'm not even accounting for PvP. Don't make assumptions.
Edited by DIYDeath - 10/3/15 at 5:12am
post #10326 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYDeath View Post

I doubt you play thief judging by what you're saying. The mention of "cheese" with backstabbing means you're probably in WvW, getting thrashed by someone with substantially better gear because in PvE they're a much higher level.

Thief whining is rubbish meant to cover up your own shortcomings as a player - and you know it.

Also I'm a PvE Thief, I'm not even accounting for PvP. Don't make assumptions.

I rarely lose to Thieves, that doesnt change that Backstab thief is very much cheese. One trick Pony. Run and reset the fight if they fail to win easily, come back knowing that the enemy has cool downs and try again. Though this is for PvP and WvW. PvE means nothing, it is SO easy that no matter your skill level. No matter your class you can do most of it just fine. Really only issue could be high end Factuals and that is about it. the dungeons are easy. The World bosses are easy. PvE in Guild Wars 2 is just nothing more than terrible. It lacks what makes GOOD PvE.

I have plenty of videos on Youtube against thieves, its not an issue of "oh i cant beat them, must say they are OP" because i rarely lose to them any more. The issue is, they are as i have said. One trick Pony. Spam stealth and spam backstab, that is pretty much it when it comes to PvP and WvW Thief. So there goes your "own short comings as a player". You don't have to lose to people to see poor balance. Thief, if they aren't spamming stealth. Then they are spamming dodges and evades.

I find it funny that you play PvE which is shockingly easy and you still think Thief is bad. You can play any class. Any build. It really does not matter. The PvE content outside a few select things is SO badly done that there is little challenge. There is little risk.
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10327 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post

I rarely lose to Thieves, that doesnt change that Backstab thief is very much cheese. One trick Pony. Run and reset the fight if they fail to win easily, come back knowing that the enemy has cool downs and try again. Though this is for PvP and WvW. PvE means nothing, it is SO easy that no matter your skill level. No matter your class you can do most of it just fine. Really only issue could be high end Factuals and that is about it. the dungeons are easy. The World bosses are easy. PvE in Guild Wars 2 is just nothing more than terrible. It lacks what makes GOOD PvE.

I have plenty of videos on Youtube against thieves, its not an issue of "oh i cant beat them, must say they are OP" because i rarely lose to them any more. The issue is, they are as i have said. One trick Pony. Spam stealth and spam backstab, that is pretty much it when it comes to PvP and WvW Thief. So there goes your "own short comings as a player". You don't have to lose to people to see poor balance. Thief, if they aren't spamming stealth. Then they are spamming dodges and evades.

I find it funny that you play PvE which is shockingly easy and you still think Thief is bad. You can play any class. Any build. It really does not matter. The PvE content outside a few select things is SO badly done that there is little challenge. There is little risk.

Please, you're complaining about a class that you beat and that has to run because they have no survivability or reliable way to remove conditions?

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. If you want to whine, whine to someone who has the patience for that crap. I don't.

You don't need to lose to a thief to highlight your own shotcomings. You're highlighting your lack of game knowledge with your whining right now. Your unjustified whining. The kind that got thieves nerfed into the unplayable, sorry mess they currently are.

The only time thieves were a problem was when perma stealth was a thing and that was the fault of crappy code not updating propperly in WvW. Maybe blossom spams too, that was kind of silly.
Edited by DIYDeath - 10/3/15 at 3:38pm
post #10328 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYDeath View Post

Please, you're complaining about a class that you beat and that has to run because they have no survivability or reliable way to remove conditions?

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. If you want to whine, whine to someone who has the patience for that crap. I don't.

You don't need to lose to a thief to highlight your own shotcomings. You're highlighting your lack of game knowledge with your whining right now. Your unjustified whining. The kind that got thieves nerfed into the unplayable, sorry mess they currently are.

The only time thieves were a problem was when perma stealth was a thing and that was the fault of crappy code not updating propperly in WvW. Maybe blossom spams too, that was kind of silly.

Please, you dont understand that stealth is insanely broken. Like the most broken mechanic in the WHOLE game bar NONE. Then, that gets added to a class that can spam the crap out of it. Sure i am betting you're creaming to yourself about PU Mesmer, you will rarely encounter them, even after the traitline changes due to the fact that its just not that great. Way too defensive. Unlike Thief that gets INSANE burst from their stealth Mesmer doesn't. Sure it can set up burst but that burst tends to easily be avoid or escaped from because it doesnt happen inside 2 button presses.

You don't have to always lose to a class before pointing out broken/cheap mechanics. The same can be said that losing means you are wrong. Take Mesmer Vs Thief. Thief is insanely hardcounter to Mesmer in WvW and PvP. Would a Mesmer pointing that out make that Mesmer wrong? No. Because its not wrong. Its right.

I am curious, and be honest how often do you play WvW? I play it daily. Its pretty much the only mode i play with bits of PvP in between, i havent actually touched PvE in months because i find it so dull. So boring. Its no secret that Thief hardcounter Mesmer. No one can deny it. Thief stealth is STILL way too strong, even if you can't "perma" it. Though i have seen plenty of thieves that have spent insane amounts of times spamming stealth
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10329 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post

Please, you dont understand that stealth is insanely broken. Like the most broken mechanic in the WHOLE game bar NONE. Then, that gets added to a class that can spam the crap out of it. Sure i am betting you're creaming to yourself about PU Mesmer, you will rarely encounter them, even after the traitline changes due to the fact that its just not that great. Way too defensive. Unlike Thief that gets INSANE burst from their stealth Mesmer doesn't. Sure it can set up burst but that burst tends to easily be avoid or escaped from because it doesnt happen inside 2 button presses.

You don't have to always lose to a class before pointing out broken/cheap mechanics. The same can be said that losing means you are wrong. Take Mesmer Vs Thief. Thief is insanely hardcounter to Mesmer in WvW and PvP. Would a Mesmer pointing that out make that Mesmer wrong? No. Because its not wrong. Its right.

I am curious, and be honest how often do you play WvW? I play it daily. Its pretty much the only mode i play with bits of PvP in between, i havent actually touched PvE in months because i find it so dull. So boring. Its no secret that Thief hardcounter Mesmer. No one can deny it. Thief stealth is STILL way too strong, even if you can't "perma" it. Though i have seen plenty of thieves that have spent insane amounts of times spamming stealth

Thief can be cheesy, and if traited correctly can still have tons of stealth uptime. Enough to disengage just about any encounter. The only hard counters to thieves with large amounts of stealth uptime are reveal abilities, or stealth tracking abilities. A Ranger traited for LB for instance can take a thief out very fast. As can a cheese fear build necro, or a condi burst engi. Thiefs are not invincible by any means.

I enjoy thief, it's a fun profession, and it's harass type play style is fun to me, but i do agree it is slightly broken. To much less of an extent than it was a year ago, but broken none the less. IMHO all professions have their cheese builds, it just depends what you prefer. Players get salty regardless of what build you run, so i feel its just better to play what you like and get good at it, and forget about the poor sports who can't take being beat.
post #10330 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb2e View Post

Thief can be cheesy, and if traited correctly can still have tons of stealth uptime. Enough to disengage just about any encounter. The only hard counters to thieves with large amounts of stealth uptime are reveal abilities, or stealth tracking abilities. A Ranger traited for LB for instance can take a thief out very fast. As can a cheese fear build necro, or a condi burst engi. Thiefs are not invincible by any means.

I enjoy thief, it's a fun profession, and it's harass type play style is fun to me, but i do agree it is slightly broken. To much less of an extent than it was a year ago, but broken none the less. IMHO all professions have their cheese builds, it just depends what you prefer. Players get salty regardless of what build you run, so i feel its just better to play what you like and get good at it, and forget about the poor sports who can't take being beat.

Notice the mention of Mesmer. The class that struggles the most with constant stealth spamming and target dropping. Classes that didnt even need reveal either got it or got given MORE while Mesmer just sits there wondering how long it will be before Thief Vs Memser is actually a balanced fight. Engineer and Guardin which is getting revealed didnt even really have an issue with Thief. Mostly thanks to various reasons the class that is hardest hit by Thief and it gets ignored....

While i will agree, Thief isnt as bad as it was, its still far from balanced. Though that can be said for several classes/builds and i actually expected as much even before playing the Beta. Knowing how god awful Anet was at attempting to balance GW1 at times. I honestly dont think GW2 will ever be balanced. Not because it cant be but because its Anet in charge of it. They have shown throughout this games 3 years so far that they cant balance. They cant test their changes or anything else. I still havent pre-ordered HoT and i really dont know if i will or not.

In my opinion, they waited too long. 3 years was insane. Being a primary WvW player, pretty much got nothing. They made EoTM which VERY quickly became a PvE farmfest. The PvE season story things didnt interest me what so ever. Balance though, balance is the biggest issue. That would go for PvP players as well. For PvE it means very little due to just how easy like 95% of the gameplay actually is. However, in the modes that need it the most - Balance has been severally lacking. Add onto that just how stale WvW has became. I just dont get the enjoyment out of it that i used to.
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread