Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread - Page 1037

post #10361 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millillion View Post

I understand that it's generally well-received (where I stand), and even very well-received by many players, but just a quick look at what they did to fractals and dungeons and no other part of the game leaves a bad taste in many player's mouths, even those who don't play fractals and dungeons (much or at all), myself included.

Granted, fractals at the start wasn't really that great. However, the sole reason people complain is the rewards and difficulty. Which will be patched. Most likely today.
As for dungeons, they shouldn't have nerfed the rewards. On the other hand, the concept of dungeons took to much change and work to make it better. Fractals is a far better and easier concept to work on.
Give it a few weeks (or maybe even today's patch) and things will be much better.
Allround PC
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G4560 MSI H110 Pro-VD 1050 Ti Crucial 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Western Digital Green Win 10 x64 DELL 1080p IPS 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerMouse PadAudio
Logitech K120 Antec 450W Steelpad QCK+ Bayerdynamic DT770 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Allround PC
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G4560 MSI H110 Pro-VD 1050 Ti Crucial 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Western Digital Green Win 10 x64 DELL 1080p IPS 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerMouse PadAudio
Logitech K120 Antec 450W Steelpad QCK+ Bayerdynamic DT770 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10362 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseen0 View Post

I never accused you of lying. Try and stay focused.
You simple state a lot of things that aren't true and that's why i was doubtful on how "veteran" you really were.

Stick by your own logic: Keep truth and Opinion separated, and try not to contradict yourself while doing so.
I have nothing else to add here.

You said "For reference, pm me your in-game name so i can look up your characters and stats. I'm doubtful you are the veteran you claim to be. No offense."
That is saying that you don't believe that i am a vet, which i have proven that i am. Thus you assumed i was lying. Unlike you, i have been stating my opinion. I have also stated several times my views come from someone that plays WvW nearly all the time. Where did i say that what i had written was fact? No where.

I mean you go on about thinking that the new maps are empty because people are doing the new content. This might be true on NA but on the EU side, the new content is reasonably empty. You still have the PvE players doing it but when it comes to WvW and the players they are ALL stacking on EB. For the first time in a VERY long time I saw a queue of like 70+ to get onto EB, while all other maps were dead. It isn't because people are doing the new content. It is because a LOT of WvW players do not like the new maps. I dont think its because of design, i think its due to the mechanics. Visually the maps are VERY well made but they yet again have shown that they do not like learning from mistakes. They made the same errors with Edge Of The Mists map, another map that was rather well designed but it had the same issues the new map has. Its obsession with trying tp push as much PvE into WvW as possible. I think once they remove the stupid cannon, it was a moronic idea and then maybe make it so that Towers and Camps can be upgraded to have Waypoints. Give the player say a 3minute debuff after using the Waypoints (other than spawn tower and Keeps) I think would fix some of the biggest issues that it just takes WAY too long to get around the map. The PvE cannon event needs to have that area turned into something else, not sure what but it should NOT be a PvE event. Maybe new designed Ruins, i used to go around them SO much because they were great for getting fights.

By 3k per a tick, i mean from a SINGLE condition, add in all the other conditions and you can melt people in seconds. I wouldn't call that fine myself. Especially when for quite a few classes you either have no condi removal or extremely limited access, while direct damage has LOADS of ways to avoid it.

They play the same because its strong. In my opinion, they should have removed a weapon from each class that uses the Specialization, other than Engineer and currently Revenant. Make it so the builds ARE unique. It says something when most new specializations still use the same mechanics, builds from before it. I rarely see anyone actually using the new weapons, Revs do the most but i think that is more down to the fact without Glint and Shield they have pretty much nothing in terms of sustain. Necros, no matter the build all still use Staff, nearly every thief i have encountered still runs Dagger/Pistol, with most warriors still running Hammer. Though as i said, it might be different for PvE but i dont play that so i dont really care what its like there. The issues i talk about are from a WvW standpoint.

The problem is the old maps might have players now due to the free 2 play model that has been added as well as the Mega sever addition, on EU on what ever "mega server" that i am on, you can walk through quite a lot of the older maps and not encounter anyone. Even the new maps have had a big decrease in the number of people doing them though that is to be expected when so many just rushed through it all. You have to remember, just because you see "many" people on what server you are on, that doesnt mean its like that for everyone. I don't go about how its the same for everyone, i am just speaking from my experience, from my server/mega server
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10363 of 10385


Wheeeee (of those that can't tell: I got the precursor backpiece)
   
The Singularity
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4790K @4GHz with stock cooler ASUS Maximus VI Gene GTX 1080 Ti G.Skill RipjawsX 16 GB 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
840 Pro Series 256 GB WD Black 3TB Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2715H Corsair AX860 with terrible MDPC-x sleeving job Corsair 350D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Undecided: Coffee Lake 6c? Undecided Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 16 GB high-speed DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorMonitor
1TB Samsung 960 EVO NVMe Silent custom liquid cooling Dell U3415W Dell U2715H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red Corsair AX860 /w custom length MDPC-x cables CaseLabs SMA8 Mionix Naos 7000 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[Intel] Core i5 2500K [ASUS] Maximus IV Extreme [Gainward] GeForce GTX 560 Ti Phantom 2 GB [Gainward] GeForce GTX 560 Ti Phantom 2 GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
[G.Skill] Ripjaws-X [Corsair] Force Series 3 120GB [Samsung] F3 [Asus] DRW 24B3LT 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
[Corsair] H100 [Gainward] Phantom [Custom] Red Cooling [Microsoft] Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Acer] 3x S221HQ EyeFinity [Logitech] G110 [Corsair] AX1200 [NZXT] Phantom Singularity mod by Xioros 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[Roccat] Kone [+] [Razer] Vespula [Logitech] X-530 5.1 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
   
The Singularity
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4790K @4GHz with stock cooler ASUS Maximus VI Gene GTX 1080 Ti G.Skill RipjawsX 16 GB 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
840 Pro Series 256 GB WD Black 3TB Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2715H Corsair AX860 with terrible MDPC-x sleeving job Corsair 350D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Undecided: Coffee Lake 6c? Undecided Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 16 GB high-speed DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorMonitor
1TB Samsung 960 EVO NVMe Silent custom liquid cooling Dell U3415W Dell U2715H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red Corsair AX860 /w custom length MDPC-x cables CaseLabs SMA8 Mionix Naos 7000 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[Intel] Core i5 2500K [ASUS] Maximus IV Extreme [Gainward] GeForce GTX 560 Ti Phantom 2 GB [Gainward] GeForce GTX 560 Ti Phantom 2 GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
[G.Skill] Ripjaws-X [Corsair] Force Series 3 120GB [Samsung] F3 [Asus] DRW 24B3LT 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
[Corsair] H100 [Gainward] Phantom [Custom] Red Cooling [Microsoft] Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Acer] 3x S221HQ EyeFinity [Logitech] G110 [Corsair] AX1200 [NZXT] Phantom Singularity mod by Xioros 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[Roccat] Kone [+] [Razer] Vespula [Logitech] X-530 5.1 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10364 of 10385
I don't know what it is with Anet but they REALLY struggle when it comes to making good legendaries. Most of them are really badly designed. All the Greatswords are really awful. Out of the old gen legendaries i only liked Hammer, Shield and the Pistol and even the Pistol was because it annoyed people. The rest were just awful. Too many look like they dont belong in the GW universe and were just made for the sake of it.
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10365 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post

I don't know what it is with Anet but they REALLY struggle when it comes to making good legendaries. Most of them are really badly designed. All the Greatswords are really awful. Out of the old gen legendaries i only liked Hammer, Shield and the Pistol and even the Pistol was because it annoyed people. The rest were just awful. Too many look like they dont belong in the GW universe and were just made for the sake of it.

Even tho i agree with you that some legendary's look like they just don't fit with guild wars, that doesn't mean they are badly designed.
Simply put, you can never say they are badly designed, because it comes down on personal taste, it's just purely subjective.
I love all the leggy's besides the dreamer, this doesn't mean their designs are wonderful. It's just my personal preference.

Some items just don't fit into the gw2 universe, like glasses. But on the other hand, it's a fantasy game, which is somewhat limitless.
In the end, if u don't like em, don't get em, spend your currency elsewhere.
Allround PC
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G4560 MSI H110 Pro-VD 1050 Ti Crucial 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Western Digital Green Win 10 x64 DELL 1080p IPS 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerMouse PadAudio
Logitech K120 Antec 450W Steelpad QCK+ Bayerdynamic DT770 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Allround PC
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium G4560 MSI H110 Pro-VD 1050 Ti Crucial 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Western Digital Green Win 10 x64 DELL 1080p IPS 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerMouse PadAudio
Logitech K120 Antec 450W Steelpad QCK+ Bayerdynamic DT770 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10366 of 10385
Well, after getting rather bored of Revenant, it was a little TOO easy when roaming. With pretty much the best of nearly everything. Boon removal. Mobility, Sustain. Damage it was just a little too strong and that is without even using Herald or Shield. I have since ditched it for Power Reaper Necro which i am having a lot of fun with. None of this boring condi play. Running Greatsword and Dagger/Warhorn. Greatsword really needs some tweaks imo, its a little too slow and WAY to easy to avoid the dangerous skills.

Kinda worried about the next update, making Condi necro even stronger with boon corruption on auto attack on a weapon that already applies several stacks of Bleeding as well as poison is a little too strong. Some of the other mentioned changes seem like they were based around one specific mode - PvP ignoring how these changes will affect WvW and PvE. We will have to wait and see what the other changes are when they arrive on Tuesday.
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10367 of 10385
Remember when in GW1 they used to have a PvP version of a skill? I do, and it was a smart idea.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk
post #10368 of 10385
Can I just the hero point grind on all my toons has gota be one of the most infuriating things about this game at the moment. Gliding around Tyria is pretty fun though was glad they bought that in
post #10369 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeylel View Post

Can I just the hero point grind on all my toons has gota be one of the most infuriating things about this game at the moment. Gliding around Tyria is pretty fun though was glad they bought that in

I hate how they PUNISHED WvW players. At the start Heroics were account bound. Meaning you could use the Heroics to unlock skill points on any character you wanted. Then they made them Soul bound, meaning they are USELESS the moment you have unlocked your Specialization. Across the 2 characters i have played the most, i have more than 500 heroics and nothing i can do with them, unless i want to use them to make a minor amount of gold or if Map completion interests me (it doesnt...)
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
The White Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 BE 1090T Asus CrossHair IV iChill 770GTX 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB)  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (x1) Seagate 4TB(x1) Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE Corsair H80 Push-Pull Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell SP2309w Cheap Super Flower 750w Corsair Air 540 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Naga 2012 Edition None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10370 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post

I hate how they PUNISHED WvW players. At the start Heroics were account bound. Meaning you could use the Heroics to unlock skill points on any character you wanted. Then they made them Soul bound, meaning they are USELESS the moment you have unlocked your Specialization. Across the 2 characters i have played the most, i have more than 500 heroics and nothing i can do with them, unless i want to use them to make a minor amount of gold or if Map completion interests me (it doesnt...)

Them being account bound was a bug. It's intended that you have to play the character you want to unlock things on just like PvE players.

They probably should have other uses, but they absolutely should not be account bound.
Sysiphus 2.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G G.SKILL Sniper 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1TB HGST Travelstar 128GB Samsung 830 SSD Phanteks PH-TC12DX_RD Windows 8.1 
PowerCaseMouse
Rosewill HIVE-750 Xigmatek Aquila White Razer Naga Hex 
  hide details  
Reply
Sysiphus 2.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G G.SKILL Sniper 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1TB HGST Travelstar 128GB Samsung 830 SSD Phanteks PH-TC12DX_RD Windows 8.1 
PowerCaseMouse
Rosewill HIVE-750 Xigmatek Aquila White Razer Naga Hex 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread