Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread - Page 170

post #1691 of 10385
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCLimax View Post

Projector's line of discussion is different from your own. if i were you i'd look for a sale or wait to buy. it's definitely not a good trend.

Thats what i will be doing, its a shame but i just cant spend that much on 1 game when all other games even ones at launch have been quite a bit less - I mean with the £££ Shop i would have thought that they might have been able to reduce the price a bit and if they do the same as they did in GW1 and do sponsored PvP events then that would rack in the money as well, i just dont see the point in the game being SO high priced even without the Monthly Pay


it's likely because as i said they will do what they can get away with. europe is ground zero for guild wars fandom, this won't affect the momentum there and ncsoft makes more bank than selling at a more reasonable price.
post #1692 of 10385
Quote:
Projector's line of discussion is different from your own. if i were you i'd look for a sale or wait to buy. it's definitely not a good trend.
No they are the same discussions about pricing in general. I did not want to compare this to tera or anyother mmo you are the one that has done this countless times over the past few days.

Not overpriced you say?!
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/31123034/Guild-Wars-2-Collector-Edition/Product.html?searchstring=guild+wars+2&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

£500 for the collectors thumb.gif woot
post #1693 of 10385
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Not overpriced you say?!

this guy is raving mad now.



but anyway:

i'm not really comfortable buying a game that is already a proven failure, vs one that is a success(playerbase got larger as the months and years went by, not contract heavily after month 1)

i just might be able to spend more time in this game due to weather systems, changing day cycles with pve content and weapon utility and graphics varying contingent on it being night or day vs a game where it never changes .

i think i prefer npc's shouting their plight in the game world when i happen by to getting a old school quest ala 2001.

i think i am liking NPC chatter, movement and interaction more akin to Skyrim and the witcher 2 rather than being like WoW.

i like the lack of quest hubs and "end game" meaning "queue up". keeps the game from feeling lonely. ditto for no more channels/districts.

i would like to be able to go about my business without having mobs and nodes stolen by someone else.

i like to explore, i like a layered game world with fleshed out underground, underwater and mountainous content, and i like a great visual map that shows all these layers.

i like hidden secrets and stuff, as opposed to emptiness.

i like open world dungeons in addition to instanced ones.
post #1694 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkedzxx View Post

I'm guessing none of you have seen the prices on Steam, then. I've seen Mass Effect 3 at 59.99. BF3 was 59.99, but never mind, that's not standard. SWTOR was 59.99. Diablo 3 is also in that price range. All STANDARD editions.
Sent from my DROIDX

we talking £ or $. Max Payne 3 going to be AAA title, £29.99 i know its not really comparable to a MMO but not there many MMOs get released, ToR was a stupid price s well but even that was cheaper at launch then GW2 is at the moment but what makes that worse is ToR is P2P...

I'm working in $. If youre in Europe, Australia or the like, then I can understand the frustration and agree that prices are ridiculous. Thankfully it's a one time fee.

Sent from my DROIDX
post #1695 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCLimax View Post

this guy is raving mad now.
but anyway:
i'm not really comfortable buying a game that is already a proven failure, vs one that is a success(playerbase got larger as the months and years went by, not contract heavily after month 1)
i just might be able to spend more time in this game due to weather systems, changing day cycles with pve content and weapon utility and graphics varying contingent on it being night or day vs a game where it never changes .
i think i prefer npc's shouting their plight in the game world when i happen by to getting a old school quest ala 2001.
i think i am liking NPC chatter, movement and interaction more akin to Skyrim and the witcher 2 rather than being like WoW.
i like the lack of quest hubs and "end game" meaning "queue up". keeps the game from feeling lonely. ditto for no more channels/districts.
i would like to be able to go about my business without having mobs and nodes stolen by someone else.
i like to explore, i like a layered game world with fleshed out underground, underwater and mountainous content, and i like a great visual map that shows all these layers.
i like hidden secrets and stuff, as opposed to emptiness.
i like open world dungeons in addition to instanced ones.

+rep
(ps:way to break NDA) biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifthumb.gif
 
Fatal1ty 990fx
(14 items)
 
Old parts
(0 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 5.1Ghz 24/7 Asus Maximus IV GENE Z/GEN 3 Sapphire HD6950 Toxic 1536SP G.skill F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL @ 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Series Corsair H-100 Windows 7 x64 Asus VE247H 
PowerCase
Seasonic Platinum 1000 Watt LOL. case... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 740 Fatality 990fx Professional Sapphire HD6950 G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Oldy Festive winter air powered Hyper 212+ Windows 8 Asus 24'' 
PowerCase
Antec 650 True Power NEW Who uses a case 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Fatal1ty 990fx
(14 items)
 
Old parts
(0 items)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 5.1Ghz 24/7 Asus Maximus IV GENE Z/GEN 3 Sapphire HD6950 Toxic 1536SP G.skill F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL @ 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Series Corsair H-100 Windows 7 x64 Asus VE247H 
PowerCase
Seasonic Platinum 1000 Watt LOL. case... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 740 Fatality 990fx Professional Sapphire HD6950 G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Oldy Festive winter air powered Hyper 212+ Windows 8 Asus 24'' 
PowerCase
Antec 650 True Power NEW Who uses a case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1696 of 10385
Quote:
There will be no dedicated healing profession in Guild Wars 2. For this reason, each class has one skill slot reserved for a self-heal. Some skills which heal allies will be available, though these will be weaker than self-heal skills. Additionally, there are no skills which directly target allies; any skills which affect the user's allies will do so because the allies are in the area of the caster
How does this work atm? For people that have played in the secret beta thingies
Favourite roll has always been healing, what does that mean now.
post #1697 of 10385
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projector View Post

Quote:
There will be no dedicated healing profession in Guild Wars 2. For this reason, each class has one skill slot reserved for a self-heal. Some skills which heal allies will be available, though these will be weaker than self-heal skills. Additionally, there are no skills which directly target allies; any skills which affect the user's allies will do so because the allies are in the area of the caster
How does this work atm? For people that have played in the secret beta thingies
Favourite roll has always been healing, what does that mean now.

besides some special cases that vary by mob, you will have aggro from the closest mob usually, though damage will override that. fights are more about situational skill usage and movement(you can do nearly everything while running/jumping from the start). you have skills that heal allies but they're not targeted or super strong as to make you a healbot. you can support your allies in many ways depending on you class. you can do things like daze(interrupt), blind, stand in front of allies to take a bullet so to speak, put up barriers, etc.

tank n' spank would chip away at the feel of "actiony" combat, but there's tera if you like standing still while casting and being a healbot/meatshield.
post #1698 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projector View Post

Quote:
There will be no dedicated healing profession in Guild Wars 2. For this reason, each class has one skill slot reserved for a self-heal. Some skills which heal allies will be available, though these will be weaker than self-heal skills. Additionally, there are no skills which directly target allies; any skills which affect the user's allies will do so because the allies are in the area of the caster
How does this work atm? For people that have played in the secret beta thingies
Favourite roll has always been healing, what does that mean now.

Based on every game play video and every press review out so far... it looks like it works awesome. I haven't been in any secret betas though.

If your favorite role has been healing... you are pretty SOL here. There are still support roles for people who like positional control, buffing, knockdowns, interrupts, but you will IN NO WAY be able to sit behind the line of combat and click the health bars that are running low. From what I have seen, you are going to have to get in and get dirty A LOT more than a traditional healer to be effective.

At least this is my impression anyway. I'll get back to you a week from now with first hand info.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k 4.5GHz @ 1.32V Asus P8P67 Pro EVGA GTX 580 Mushkin 2133 9-10-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840  WD Black Silver Arrow Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2211H Rosewill RK-9000BR Seasonic X750 HAF X 
MouseAudio
Razer Lachesis Grado HF2 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k 4.5GHz @ 1.32V Asus P8P67 Pro EVGA GTX 580 Mushkin 2133 9-10-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840  WD Black Silver Arrow Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2211H Rosewill RK-9000BR Seasonic X750 HAF X 
MouseAudio
Razer Lachesis Grado HF2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1699 of 10385
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projector View Post

Quote:
i thought you were annoyed at their p2win,
Are you really that defensive and bitter?............... All I asked was is there going to be p2win because I saw an article ages ago on massivley.
Quote:
or was it there instanced hub design
?! Lmao I didnt even know they had that, seriousyl where are you getting half this stuff from.
It was liek when you said I was hyping up swotr when I didnt even have an acount here then!

Some how you will take my above post asking questions about the healing in this and make it into im taking jabs at the game and slinging mud go on.

you said it was p2win in another topic, stop acting ignorant. and no its not instanced, just using your logical range of argument.

and no, i gave your healing question a straight, simple honest answer.
post #1700 of 10385
Quote:
(you can do nearly everything while running/jumping from the start)
That sounds amazing. The only thing that I didnt like about tera was the stiffness sometimes.
Quote:
but there's tera if you like standing still while casting and being a healbot/meatshield.

Seriously please stop taking shot's at tera it is really pathetic. No one is keeping score here or comparing them. You may aswell tell me your dad can beat up my dad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread