Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread - Page 712

post #7111 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S121 View Post

I love being that were saying I shouldn't of rushed through the game if im bored at 80 now. They didn't even read my post.
In most MMOs you are encouraged to play a lot becasue you will futher advance you're character. In GW2 once you hit 80 all the gear you need is pretty much available very quickly. The only difference between crafted exotic armor and dungeon is the appearance and sometimes some stat combinations. If you aren't using some combination of precision and power you are probably doing it wrong though anyway. And all of the content so far does not and repeat NOT require a full group of all exotic geared people. I have killed the last bosses in CoE, and Arah with people still using mid 70s legendary gear. Pretty much you hit 80, get you're set of gear and wait for WvWvW quie since that is the only thing you need good gear for. BUT having good gear in WvWvW doesn't help against a zerg of people. Dragon events are zergs, hell I fought the claw of jormag for less than 2 minutes and got gold contribution!
Don't bash my opinion, its a opinion based on 180+ hours of gameplay and I am left now with really nothing left to do besides grind my legendary weapon which really only looks cool, its not statistically better than my mystic forged exotic weapon. This game was incredibly fun leveling up and exploring, but if I wanted to explore I'd play skyrim...

I don't understand, if you don't like the game why not stop playing? It's not a bad thing to stop playing for a while and then return to it another time perhaps when more content or added or if you say want to play a different type of character. You're posting in a thread dedicated to Guild Wars 2 and tell people "Don't bash my opinion" I think that's a bit arrogant of you to ask such a thing but nevertheless you have your point of view.

What I don't understand though is that you said you have 180+ hours of gameplay and claim that it isn't rushing through the game. Across 3 separate characters I have yet to reach that amount of playtime and yes I have indeed hit level 80 on my main. It might be a matter of perspective how much time is put into a game per day but I would imagine your hours/day is much higher than the average person has put into the game.

As for the matter of zerging: Yup. That is all.
DeadHost
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.7 Ghz ASRock Z68 Extreme4 MSI GTX 670 PE 8 GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1 TB WD Green Crucial M4 Antec Kuhler H20 620 Windows 7 Ultimate x86_64 SP1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HPW23something Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Pro OCZ 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G400 Steelseries Qck Pioneer VSX-821 
  hide details  
Reply
DeadHost
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.7 Ghz ASRock Z68 Extreme4 MSI GTX 670 PE 8 GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1 TB WD Green Crucial M4 Antec Kuhler H20 620 Windows 7 Ultimate x86_64 SP1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HPW23something Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Pro OCZ 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G400 Steelseries Qck Pioneer VSX-821 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7112 of 10385
I have about the same number of hours, and I'm still 7 or 8 zones from 100% map completion, and I don't even read every little message I get or lore item I come across. I typically try to avoid mobs as much as I can just through the path I choose to run, but, if I aggro it, I kill it 99 times out of 100. This in and of itself is a huge amount of time that the people who just rush from point to point "save". I see it as time well spent though. I'm a chef and always have food on hand, so I pretty much am always getting a +10% experience bonus. It's advantageous for me to be efficient and use the buff the food gives me to the fullest. Some things in the game require skill points. Aside from that though, the experience just feels empty if I let the mobs beat on me and run away while just running from point to point. If I really need to get somewhere like for an event that's about to happen or has already started or if I only have one point left on a particular map and just want to knock it out, sure. I'll run straight to it and not bother.

This alone has netted me more gold, dyes, and crafting mats than people who just run as fast as possible for completion.

One point I find very ironic about the whole situation with this game, and I'm sure Anet does too, is how many people put up this poker-faced BS about how they want to get into big raids "for the experience". Take out most of the loot incentive and just give the people awesome experiences, and they turn out hardly wanting to run any of the dungeons or complete most of the map.

As far as rare/exotic upgrades not really effecting dungeon content, my server just must be full of noobs. Without exception, the undergeared runs are pretty much wipe fests. We may barely get through the content, but the party collectively being downed and dying 100 times just to reach the end isn't the most enjoyable experience. Of course strategy and assisting and all that jazz is important, but, give these people better gear, and the runs would be much faster and much more enjoyable. That's seems like incentive enough to me. Aside from that, each dungeon has 4 explorable variants, and there are 8 different dungeons. Not even taking story mode runs into account, that's 32 different "hard mode" dungeons to run. I find it very hard to believe anyone who plays the game, much less anyone in this thread, has come close to experiencing all of that. Add 100% map completion without being a tool and running through everything as fast as possible and escaping out of vistas, etc., and it's just mind boggling to me that people say there isn't anything to do in this game not even a month from launch. The problem really is that people want their "epic lootz" to give them exclusivity of harder content, and that just isn't how this game is structured. This game isn't designed to maximize the epeen, so people lose interest. There's plenty to experience in this game.

I understand that people may not be into anything I talked about. That's fine. I can understand that. Just.. stop playing RPGs. Or I guess play one that is more structured around "epic lootz" instead of actual experiences if that's why you play them.
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7113 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelamacmdr View Post

I don't understand, if you don't like the game why not stop playing? It's not a bad thing to stop playing for a while and then return to it another time perhaps when more content or added or if you say want to play a different type of character. You're posting in a thread dedicated to Guild Wars 2 and tell people "Don't bash my opinion" I think that's a bit arrogant of you to ask such a thing but nevertheless you have your point of view.
What I don't understand though is that you said you have 180+ hours of gameplay and claim that it isn't rushing through the game. Across 3 separate characters I have yet to reach that amount of playtime and yes I have indeed hit level 80 on my main. It might be a matter of perspective how much time is put into a game per day but I would imagine your hours/day is much higher than the average person has put into the game.
As for the matter of zerging: Yup. That is all.

It's not really rushing if he's spending that amount of time on it, is it?. I was under the impression that rushing meant skipping side/optional content in order to reach end game as fast as possible. He just plays a lot. Whether he has 180 played now, or in 2 weeks, the amount of content is the same and the issue still arises. An MMO shouldn't get stale after 180 hours. I had at least 1600 hours put into the PvP alone in GW1, well over 2k hours into DAoC and RO, and a couple hundred hours into Shadowbane.

I think they tried to make is accessible to casual players by making it so once you hit level cap you had all the gear you needed, so you don't have to grind or farm for dozens/hundreds of hours to get the best gear, which I'm okay with. The issue is that the PvP isn't deep enough to support having a low gear cap like that, and from what I've seen, the end-game PvE content just isn't there. So you hit 80, get geared, then what? Work towards cosmetics/collecting things? Throw yourself at keeps in WvW? As someone who doesn't care about cosmetics enough to spend any time grinding for them, and who finds the WvW extremely stale in comparison to almost every past MMO that's done similar things, there just isn't anything there for me.
COST EFFECTIVE
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.24v Asus P8P67 Vanilla ASUS GTX660Ti DirectCU OC @ 1,250MHz/7,000MHz G.Skill Eco 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) Intel 520 120GB LG SuperMulti CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ E2420HD Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX blues Seasonic SS-650HT 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500R Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen Beyerdynamic DT770 + Zalman clip-on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
COST EFFECTIVE
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.24v Asus P8P67 Vanilla ASUS GTX660Ti DirectCU OC @ 1,250MHz/7,000MHz G.Skill Eco 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) Intel 520 120GB LG SuperMulti CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ E2420HD Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX blues Seasonic SS-650HT 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500R Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen Beyerdynamic DT770 + Zalman clip-on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7114 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunex View Post

It's not really rushing if he's spending that amount of time on it, is it?. I was under the impression that rushing meant skipping side/optional content in order to reach end game as fast as possible. He just plays a lot. Whether he has 180 played now, or in 2 weeks, the amount of content is the same and the issue still arises. An MMO shouldn't get stale after 180 hours. I had at least 1600 hours put into the PvP alone in GW1, well over 2k hours into DAoC and RO, and a couple hundred hours into Shadowbane.
I think they tried to make is accessible to casual players by making it so once you hit level cap you had all the gear you needed, so you don't have to grind or farm for dozens/hundreds of hours to get the best gear, which I'm okay with. The issue is that the PvP isn't deep enough to support having a low gear cap like that, and from what I've seen, the end-game PvE content just isn't there. So you hit 80, get geared, then what? Work towards cosmetics/collecting things? Throw yourself at keeps in WvW? As someone who doesn't care about cosmetics enough to spend any time grinding for them, and who finds the WvW extremely stale in comparison to almost every past MMO that's done similar things, there just isn't anything there for me.

Hmm you're right I didn't truly think about it that way. My way of defining rushing is squeezing all of the content out in a short period of time so yeah that might be where I went wrong.
DeadHost
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.7 Ghz ASRock Z68 Extreme4 MSI GTX 670 PE 8 GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1 TB WD Green Crucial M4 Antec Kuhler H20 620 Windows 7 Ultimate x86_64 SP1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HPW23something Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Pro OCZ 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G400 Steelseries Qck Pioneer VSX-821 
  hide details  
Reply
DeadHost
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.7 Ghz ASRock Z68 Extreme4 MSI GTX 670 PE 8 GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1 TB WD Green Crucial M4 Antec Kuhler H20 620 Windows 7 Ultimate x86_64 SP1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HPW23something Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Pro OCZ 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G400 Steelseries Qck Pioneer VSX-821 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7115 of 10385
180 hours is about 7.5 days, the game has been out since almost a month I believe (august 28th). I have easily put 7000 hours into EQ2 over a few years and rarely did I feel like I had nothing to do to improve my character. One expansion I did the others I never reached the peak of my main.

I have not played this weekend much and I really did enjoy the game and still do, I just find this to be a pretty glaring problem that once you hit 80 the best gear is almost readily available for you in another week and after that you are left with a feeling of what to do? Regardless of if a dungeon is fun or not people do hard instances, raids, dungeons for LOOT. They do it to improve there character. If people wanted to do hard content just for fun I think they would play a single player RPG.

The fact that the only real way I can take advantage of the best gear in game is WvWvW leaves me unhappy, the que's on my server take 30-45 minutes at least and regardless one person does not win a 50 vs 50 zerg. I have already killed the hardest bosses in each dungeon on my main character. So in another week or two it will just be easier.

I would say if I have 73% map completion that I haven't rushed through the game, I just played a lot because when I enjoy something I play it a lot. I can't help it.

The problems I have with the end game are obviously just because guild wars 2 is just not a traditional mmo and I accept that. I will stay play it a few days a week to work on my legendary but in terms of a hardcore mmo or a game with ways to make you're character better once you are 80 there are very limited options. I never played GW but I realize this was probably the same in the previous game.

I guess I'm just left with a bad taste in my month knowing I haven't even played a month and I'm not getting any better gear until they release new content already. Sure there's other sets for appearance.. but I rarely sit in lions arch enough to care what I look like. I personally believe they made a game design mistake by making the best gear so readily available to players once they hit 80.

They should of had really good exotic crafted 80 armor like it is now and have the dungeon sets like 5-15% better across the stats so people would at least feel a need to do something besides 100% map completion.
post #7116 of 10385
My largest gripe about this game is it fails pretty bad at the only thing I really care about, WvW. The servers/code cannot handle large amounts of players fighting. The amount of lag and player culling in large fights is atrocious. Hey look; I'm fighting a guy on the side of the battle 1v1. Oh wait, the servers are so bog downed that 50 enemy players just appear out of thin air right on top of you. My guild-mates all say the same thing and it's a bit demotivating.

The game basically boils down to who can mass the most people in one spot. very little strategy involved.
Zybane
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X - 4.5 GHz Edition 10 Rampage V Extreme Titan Xp  G.Skill 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB - Samsung SM961 Windows 10 Pro OLED 4K 55" LG C7P Razer BlackWidow TE Stealth Chroma 
PowerMouseAudioAudio
Corsair AX1500i 1500W Titanium Razer Mamba TE Denon AVR-X7200WA Elac BS 312 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD-700 Headphones Velodyne MiniVee Subwoofer Buttkicker LFE Razer Orbweaver Stealth Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Zybane
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X - 4.5 GHz Edition 10 Rampage V Extreme Titan Xp  G.Skill 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB - Samsung SM961 Windows 10 Pro OLED 4K 55" LG C7P Razer BlackWidow TE Stealth Chroma 
PowerMouseAudioAudio
Corsair AX1500i 1500W Titanium Razer Mamba TE Denon AVR-X7200WA Elac BS 312 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD-700 Headphones Velodyne MiniVee Subwoofer Buttkicker LFE Razer Orbweaver Stealth Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7117 of 10385
I think yall are just hating to hate really.

It is not even a month old give it time they still are trying to iron a lot of stuff.

Don't get me wrong there are some discouraging things. But nothing game breaking.

It's a mmo it will grow.

I'm not far behind most ppl. I just hit lvl 75 with my ele and just started pvp. It ain't all that bad really. I've got 175 hours in allready and still have hours of content to do.

I just think ppl need to pump the breaks a little.
post #7118 of 10385
Ok so here's my biggest question for people. How many times will you buy a single player game, play through it in 20 hours, and then be done with it? Considering the fact you paid $60 for a game with no subscription and are getting ~200 hours out of one character, how can you complain that there isn't anything to do? I have to agree with Kynes that people are just hating to hate. I really thought that people understood this isn't a WoW clone and yet everyone is *****ing that they want it to be. The developers are trying to make a new type of MMO, not just another "rush to end game then begin grindfest".

People are just never happy. They complain when the game is too grindy to level, they complain when leveling is fun but there's no end game, they complain when the end game feels to grindy. I personally think that this game is incredible. It takes a lot of guts to go this far out of the norm and make a game completely unlike anything out there. The devs risked millions of dollars to do this and I am so happy they did. It feels good to get out of the standard rut. For once I don't care that I'm not max level because there's nothing to do.

Rather than hating on this game, why don't all you people get Mist of Pandaria and go start your leveling grindfest over, hit 90, grind end game dungeons/raids for a month and then sit in Org/SW and tell me how much fun that is.
Infection
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus M5A99FX Pro Powercolor HD7870 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Caviar Black Intel SSD Asus Blu-ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 750 RS240 Kit Alphacool HF Primochill Tubing Monsoon Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional Asus 21.5" Full HD LED Backlight Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650 
CaseMouseAudioOther
CoolerMaster Storm Scout Logitech G600 Insignia 2.1 Speaker System TP-Link Wireless USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Infection
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus M5A99FX Pro Powercolor HD7870 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Caviar Black Intel SSD Asus Blu-ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 750 RS240 Kit Alphacool HF Primochill Tubing Monsoon Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional Asus 21.5" Full HD LED Backlight Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650 
CaseMouseAudioOther
CoolerMaster Storm Scout Logitech G600 Insignia 2.1 Speaker System TP-Link Wireless USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7119 of 10385
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArc View Post

Ok so here's my biggest question for people. How many times will you buy a single player game, play through it in 20 hours, and then be done with it? Considering the fact you paid $60 for a game with no subscription and are getting ~200 hours out of one character, how can you complain that there isn't anything to do? I have to agree with Kynes that people are just hating to hate. I really thought that people understood this isn't a WoW clone and yet everyone is *****ing that they want it to be. The developers are trying to make a new type of MMO, not just another "rush to end game then begin grindfest".
People are just never happy. They complain when the game is too grindy to level, they complain when leveling is fun but there's no end game, they complain when the end game feels to grindy. I personally think that this game is incredible. It takes a lot of guts to go this far out of the norm and make a game completely unlike anything out there. The devs risked millions of dollars to do this and I am so happy they did. It feels good to get out of the standard rut. For once I don't care that I'm not max level because there's nothing to do.
Rather than hating on this game, why don't all you people get Mist of Pandaria and go start your leveling grindfest over, hit 90, grind end game dungeons/raids for a month and then sit in Org/SW and tell me how much fun that is.

We don't want MoP, that's why we bought this.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this game. But when the 80 content is easy as hell and requires no need to get gear, it makes doing it pointless. The whole point of having a dungeon is to get gear otherwise people would do it a few times for the story and that's it.

This game is focused around pvp and events. Which is fine, but WvW is just a bunch of people exploring and afk with a timer that's way too long. Events are cool but there's no hard level 80 events.

I guess my biggest gripe is I was hoping for something that wasn't an easy fest and didn't just stop at 80.

For now I just keep leveling characters and enjoying the story because that's the only thing this game has going for it.
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7120 of 10385
Thread Starter 
is someone still having trouble understanding what you wrote so many times trance? it's time to leave it be or put them on ignore.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread