Zimley is in the process of rebuilding the whole app
Talked to him a week or so ago. Asked me to be a tester but I think all of you would be helpful as well. Here's all you guys need to know.
The latest and greatest
First off... to all you newbies (i.e. those who recently signed up to test), welcome to our little family. I look forward to hearing your ideas on how to make Zimly better.
Anyway we have been working hard over the last week or so to fix a bunch of the bugs in Zimly that you helped us find. (If you want to skip the rest of my highly engaging rhetoric, skip to the bottom to download the new Zimly apk).
Now for the part you have been waiting for... fixes in this version include:
* Fixed force close when trying to use Zimly Audio for Android 1.6 devices
* Able to open video and audio files found via a file explorer with Zimly
* Delete button works now
* Video Thumbnails work (still a little buggy though)
* Annoying video DRM protected message when file is obviously not is fixed (keeping my fingers crossed on this one)
* Gesture seeking enabled for video
* other bug fixes to make Zimly more stable
Enjoy playing with this updated version. And just like before... if and when you do find bugs, please let me know via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and if possible please make the subject line this time Zimly 1.5 Test Version 02 Bug. This will help me keep track of the bugs as they roll in. For instructions on creating a bug report, you can go here http://goo.gl/rbWL
(It's for windows, but should be basically the same for mac... if you need instructions for mac please let me know and I will make some). A bug report is not necessary... but super... seriously like really frakin' helpful.
As for the bugs / missing features we are now working on / going to work on:
List of Known Bugs
* ID3 editing is very picky. Currently you can only edit ID3 tags if they are (1) Mp3 fies (2) The ID3 version is 2.3 (3) If you use a program to sync your music with your Android... sometimes that will prevent us from being able to read/edit the ID3 info. Also after editing and committing your edits, Zimly does not refresh, so it will look like nothing has changed. However, your edits have been committed. To verify you can view the file info using the default music player.
* UI is still a bit rough around the edges... if you would like to see changes please tell. I am open to any non-drastic changes.
* Cannot disable Lockscreen right now.
* Holding next / prev button does not ffwd / rwd currently.
* Language support is basically limited to English... other languages will work but are not fully supported yet.
* New widget with album art and updated design
* Widget still crashes if you have not played a song using Zimly already
* Zimly can be a bit slow on some devices (we will begin the process of optimizing our code next week)
Download the newest version of Zimly
Happy Testing. And thank you so very much.