Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › General Minecraft Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

General Minecraft Discussion - Page 106

post #1051 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiru View Post
You should put that 980x to good use and host a 100 player server

Btw didn't you used to have 24 gigs of RAM?
That's an interesting idea. I just may. I still do have 24GBs. It will be in my wife's new rig soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
What you really need to do is come play on my server.
Add me and I'll hop over there.
Under The Radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X Asus - ROG Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE G.Skill - Flare X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung - 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SSD Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer - G247HYL bmidx 23.8" 1080p 60Hz Acer - G247HYL bmidx 23.8" 1080p 60Hz Ducky - Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified... Corsair - Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Cooler Master - Xornet Fellowes - Microban 
Audio
Realtek - ALC1220 - 7.1 Channel High Definition 
  hide details  
Reply
Under The Radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X Asus - ROG Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE G.Skill - Flare X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung - 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SSD Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer - G247HYL bmidx 23.8" 1080p 60Hz Acer - G247HYL bmidx 23.8" 1080p 60Hz Ducky - Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified... Corsair - Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Cooler Master - Xornet Fellowes - Microban 
Audio
Realtek - ALC1220 - 7.1 Channel High Definition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1052 of 3183
So I just started a series that im curious to see what you guys think about it.

Pretty much I have my subs vote for either
a. adventure and search for spawns for excitment
b. build and build it bigger
c. go Bear Grylls style and be man vs wild.


So they voted Man M1nur VS Wild.
They way its going to work is im going to set out from my spawn and just survive while traveling as far as possible.
Objectives are obvious-
  • Live as long as possible
  • Keep moving
  • Create Make shift shelter along the way
  • Only carry what I can

So what do you guys think? I have the first episode ready and will put it out on my channel on the weekend.
Simply because I'm right in the middle of a countdown series to black ops, where I let people post their cod gmaeplay to my channel to help em get more exposure.

Feedback on your thoughts is greatly appreciated.
post #1053 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1nUrThr3t View Post
So I just started a series that im curious to see what you guys think about it.

Pretty much I have my subs vote for either
a. adventure and search for spawns for excitment
b. build and build it bigger
c. go Bear Grylls style and be man vs wild.


So they voted Man M1nur VS Wild.
They way its going to work is im going to set out from my spawn and just survive while traveling as far as possible.
Objectives are obvious-
  • Live as long as possible
  • Keep moving
  • Create Make shift shelter along the way
  • Only carry what I can

So what do you guys think? I have the first episode ready and will put it out on my channel on the weekend.
Simply because I'm right in the middle of a countdown series to black ops, where I let people post their cod gmaeplay to my channel to help em get more exposure.

Feedback on your thoughts is greatly appreciated.
Love the idea. Be more specific on your idea though? Are you going to be like a traveling nomad and what happens when and if you die? Love it though!
 iMac
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® i3 3.06GHz Apple Logic Board ATI® 4670 4GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb 7200RPM 8x Superdrive Mac OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard 21.5" LED Backlit 1920x1080 
CaseMouse
Aluminum Unibody Magic Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
 iMac
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® i3 3.06GHz Apple Logic Board ATI® 4670 4GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb 7200RPM 8x Superdrive Mac OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard 21.5" LED Backlit 1920x1080 
CaseMouse
Aluminum Unibody Magic Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1054 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostro View Post
Love the idea. Be more specific on your idea though? Are you going to be like a traveling nomad and what happens when and if you die? Love it though!
yes I will be nomad. no home no fam my life! LOL
I have to try not to die, but I will being looking for feedback on what I should do if I do happen to die.
A. start new world.
B. head in totally different direction.

any input is nice on that subject.

I think this is going to be awesome simply because NOBODY as done this yet.
Im also thinking of going up for Machinima Realm, but we will see.
post #1055 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1nUrThr3t View Post
yes I will be nomad. no home no fam my life! LOL
I have to try not to die, but I will being looking for feedback on what I should do if I do happen to die.
A. start new world.
B. head in totally different direction.

any input is nice on that subject.

I think this is going to be awesome simply because NOBODY as done this yet.
Im also thinking of going up for Machinima Realm, but we will see.
I love the idea! You need a purpose though. Whether its to collect as many diamonds as possible or to kill as many creepers as possible. Dont get me wrong mindless creation and wandering are wonderful but there has to be a goal in the back of the audiences mind. Videos on Minecraft are awesome to watch when bored on my phone so Im definitely looking forward to this!

Whats your YouTube name?
 iMac
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® i3 3.06GHz Apple Logic Board ATI® 4670 4GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb 7200RPM 8x Superdrive Mac OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard 21.5" LED Backlit 1920x1080 
CaseMouse
Aluminum Unibody Magic Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
 iMac
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® i3 3.06GHz Apple Logic Board ATI® 4670 4GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb 7200RPM 8x Superdrive Mac OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard 21.5" LED Backlit 1920x1080 
CaseMouse
Aluminum Unibody Magic Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1056 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostro View Post
I love the idea! You need a purpose though. Whether its to collect as many diamonds as possible or to kill as many creepers as possible. Dont get me wrong mindless creation and wandering are wonderful but there has to be a goal in the back of the audiences mind. Videos on Minecraft are awesome to watch when bored on my phone so Im definitely looking forward to this!

Whats your YouTube name?
Good point, that is a cool premise for a series though, just go out as far as possible. The fights would be something to look forward to, and just random events, like sheep falling from a high mtn in front of you insta-dieng. Maybe part of the draw would be if you continued to venture night and day, only stopping for food or to build supplies, not even bothering with shelters.

Although night can be hard to capture well for youtube, hmm.

Also, when you die, if you just decided to set off in an opposite direction that would work, or starting a new game, would be similar. Kind of like playing Minecraft on hardcore or something, no saves after death.
post #1057 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostro View Post
I love the idea! You need a purpose though. Whether its to collect as many diamonds as possible or to kill as many creepers as possible. Dont get me wrong mindless creation and wandering are wonderful but there has to be a goal in the back of the audiences mind. Videos on Minecraft are awesome to watch when bored on my phone so Im definitely looking forward to this!

Whats your YouTube name?
Its http://www.youtube.com/M1nUrThr3t

I did think about having a certain objective or two, besides traveling as far as possible and surviving, but Im up in the air about that part.

What would you find interesting as far as certain objectives?

Killing as many creepers, or collecting diamonds would mean I would be more underground than anything.(well for the diamonds part)

I am thinking that during the day we move and obtain things we need. Than once dark is approaching starting to do sometime of shelter and create a make shift trap to lure the creepers, zombies etc to and try to obtain goods from them.

Only thing is I dont want each episode to be repetitive so I will more than likely change the objective of each episode aside from surviving and traveling as far as possible.
post #1058 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster_is_better View Post
Good point, that is a cool premise for a series though, just go out as far as possible. The fights would be something to look forward to, and just random events, like sheep falling from a high mtn in front of you insta-dieng. Maybe part of the draw would be if you continued to venture night and day, only stopping for food or to build supplies, not even bothering with shelters.

Although night can be hard to capture well for youtube, hmm.

Also, when you die, if you just decided to set off in an opposite direction that would work, or starting a new game, would be similar. Kind of like playing Minecraft on hardcore or something, no saves after death.
good idea hardcore may be a good choice.
post #1059 of 3183

oh also here is a link to my latest vid, nothing special.

i dont play on special servers or with any type of mods at all.
I play it straight out of the box as I find that a little more interesting for entertainment purposes.
post #1060 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1nUrThr3t View Post
Its http://www.youtube.com/M1nUrThr3t

I did think about having a certain objective or two, besides traveling as far as possible and surviving, but Im up in the air about that part.

What would you find interesting as far as certain objectives?

Killing as many creepers, or collecting diamonds would mean I would be more underground than anything.(well for the diamonds part)

I am thinking that during the day we move and obtain things we need. Than once dark is approaching starting to do sometime of shelter and create a make shift trap to lure the creepers, zombies etc to and try to obtain goods from them.

Only thing is I dont want each episode to be repetitive so I will more than likely change the objective of each episode aside from surviving and traveling as far as possible.
I was thinking about it and I think the best way to go about it would to not have an overall objective but an objective for each episode. I mean, the overall goal is simple. Dont die. Like, this episode you need to focus on getting health, or this one you need to focus on mining for gold or diamonds. This way it keeps interest for the audience and keeps things exciting. Mining is always exciting and if the goal it to survive at all costs then its twice as fun! Finding a dungeon and watching you navigate and fight would be awesome. Overall its your idea, Im just throwing random ideas
 iMac
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® i3 3.06GHz Apple Logic Board ATI® 4670 4GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb 7200RPM 8x Superdrive Mac OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard 21.5" LED Backlit 1920x1080 
CaseMouse
Aluminum Unibody Magic Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
 iMac
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® i3 3.06GHz Apple Logic Board ATI® 4670 4GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb 7200RPM 8x Superdrive Mac OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard 21.5" LED Backlit 1920x1080 
CaseMouse
Aluminum Unibody Magic Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › General Minecraft Discussion