Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › General Minecraft Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

General Minecraft Discussion - Page 304

post #3031 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post


Interesting. Well, I'll update it once 1.2 comes out (should be very soon), and keep it running for the random usage. Unfortunately we won't get jungle biomes of the 1.2 update, because you would have to generate a new world for that.


If you update and then go to the edge of the map, it should begin to generate 1.2 biomes from that point on.
 

The update creates this funky looking boundary where the world generated by the previous version is cut off abruptly and the updated generator picks up. I had that happen on my now-defunct server, there was a mountain range that got sliced in half and left these giant rock walls that my friends and I used for pixel art with wool. biggrin.gif



That's what happened on my previous updates on the server or my single player maps. 1.7.3 -> 1.8.1 -> 1.0.0 all did this.

However, the snapshot given to us specifically stated that you need to create a new map to get the jungle biomes to appear (They are indeed fantastic, checked them out a while ago, my favourite biome now. ). I don't know how it's going to work with this one. We'll see.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3032 of 3183
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/onlrz/if_you_really_want_12_terrain_in_11_worlds_for/

tongue.gif
Proteus
(17 items)
 
 
Ordinary Toaster
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 GTX 780 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial BX200 Cheap something that writes DVD-RW Hyper 212 Evo Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 2x Asus VW246H Corsair Strafe MX Brown Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition SteelSeries Sensei RAW SteelSeries QCK Altec Lansing BXR1221 
Audio
Sentey Symph GS-4531 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 ASUS Nvidia GTX 260m 4 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Scorpio Blue 750GB Windows 7 1366x768 Epson projector 
Mouse
Logitech M305 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
I5 650 Intel DH57JG 8gb generic 750gb Scorpio Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
3tb Caviar Green Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 Stock Intel Cooler Debian 8 
PowerCase
Cheap generic 450w Some cheap junk I had lying around 
  hide details  
Reply
Proteus
(17 items)
 
 
Ordinary Toaster
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 GTX 780 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial BX200 Cheap something that writes DVD-RW Hyper 212 Evo Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 2x Asus VW246H Corsair Strafe MX Brown Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition SteelSeries Sensei RAW SteelSeries QCK Altec Lansing BXR1221 
Audio
Sentey Symph GS-4531 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 ASUS Nvidia GTX 260m 4 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Scorpio Blue 750GB Windows 7 1366x768 Epson projector 
Mouse
Logitech M305 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
I5 650 Intel DH57JG 8gb generic 750gb Scorpio Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
3tb Caviar Green Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 Stock Intel Cooler Debian 8 
PowerCase
Cheap generic 450w Some cheap junk I had lying around 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3033 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal0307 View Post



Welcome to the joys of world holes. I'm plagued by them on my friends server and just about every other server. I'm not exactly sure what causes them but I'm guessing my 12mbs DL speed with only .9 mbs upload has something to do with it. Usual relogging fixes them but it does get old fast.

I dont think its your connection speed. Maybe packet loss? My internet is only 12 down / 0.75 up and it plays fine on my server hosted in NY (fine with 3 ppl on my home connection playing online as well)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX-8350 Asus Crosshair V MSI GTX460 Hawk 1gb MSI GTX460 Hawk 1gb 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 8gb (2x4gb) Crucial M4 64GB Samsung F3 1TB Western Digital 320GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom WC Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Dell E2311H Dell E2311H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LH 23EN43 Ducky Year of the Dragon 2012 SilverStone Strider 1000W-P Corsair 800D 
Audio
Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX-8350 Asus Crosshair V MSI GTX460 Hawk 1gb MSI GTX460 Hawk 1gb 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 8gb (2x4gb) Crucial M4 64GB Samsung F3 1TB Western Digital 320GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom WC Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Dell E2311H Dell E2311H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LH 23EN43 Ducky Year of the Dragon 2012 SilverStone Strider 1000W-P Corsair 800D 
Audio
Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3034 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiX View Post

I dont think its your connection speed. Maybe packet loss? My internet is only 12 down / 0.75 up and it plays fine on my server hosted in NY (fine with 3 ppl on my home connection playing online as well)

It's server side, either too much load on the server or it's internet can't handle the number of users. I see it quite often on servers when they are getting close to crashing.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3035 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiX View Post


I dont think its your connection speed. Maybe packet loss? My internet is only 12 down / 0.75 up and it plays fine on my server hosted in NY (fine with 3 ppl on my home connection playing online as well)


Hmm... My buddies internet is pretty good too.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post


It's server side, either too much load on the server or it's internet can't handle the number of users. I see it quite often on servers when they are getting close to crashing.


Well the server I play on is a stripped down laptop my buddy found in the bathroom of his dorm. It's like a 2ghz dual core something and god knows how little ram. I need to get mine running so we can decided who should host.

post #3036 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal0307 View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by FiX View Post

I dont think its your connection speed. Maybe packet loss? My internet is only 12 down / 0.75 up and it plays fine on my server hosted in NY (fine with 3 ppl on my home connection playing online as well)


Hmm... My buddies internet is pretty good too.


 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

It's server side, either too much load on the server or it's internet can't handle the number of users. I see it quite often on servers when they are getting close to crashing.


Well the server I play on is a stripped down laptop my buddy found in the bathroom of his dorm. It's like a 2ghz dual core something and god knows how little ram. I need to get mine running so we can decided who should host.

2ghz dual core should be plenty for a minecraft server. It's what mine ran. (athlon 64x2 3800+ (2ghz)) With 5x players running around, no lag on my end, when I was in the same network as the server. My connection is 20mb down, 2-3mb up. Meaning that my server experience was only really limited by the thing's hardware, not the network speed. The other players (most on the other side of the pond) fared decently from what I gather, but they did have chunk errors from time to time. That's just basic minecraft multiplayer for you if you don't have the best internet connection money can buy.

The only crashing on my server was when it was in the first 1.8 iteration. There was an odd issue with... it crashing whenever any trees grew. Giving out a humongous error message. Took me ages to figure this out. When I did, I just replaced the jar file. (yes, I procrastinate a lot) Worked wonders.

One other odd issue I also had with my server was that any power outages that forced the server to shut down unexpectedly, the biomes changed around. This is why most of our waters are ice now, everything has been jumbled enough to have been a winter biome at some point. 5 power outages during a few months were enough for that. But I digress.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3037 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post


2ghz dual core should be plenty for a minecraft server. It's what mine ran. (athlon 64x2 3800+ (2ghz)) With 5x players running around, no lag on my end, when I was in the same network as the server. My connection is 20mb down, 2-3mb up. Meaning that my server experience was only really limited by the thing's hardware, not the network speed. The other players (most on the other side of the pond) fared decently from what I gather, but they did have chunk errors from time to time. That's just basic minecraft multiplayer for you if you don't have the best internet connection money can buy.
The only crashing on my server was when it was in the first 1.8 iteration. There was an odd issue with... it crashing whenever any trees grew. Giving out a humongous error message. Took me ages to figure this out. When I did, I just replaced the jar file. (yes, I procrastinate a lot) Worked wonders.
One other odd issue I also had with my server was that any power outages that forced the server to shut down unexpectedly, the biomes changed around. This is why most of our waters are ice now, everything has been jumbled enough to have been a winter biome at some point. 5 power outages during a few months were enough for that. But I digress.


 

we figure the hardware's specs are good enough to run his system but we have a theory as to why it was in the bathroom and that being it is a POS. He also gets strange errors and I seem to be the only person being constantly dropped/lagging which is why we thought it is my internet because my ISP is terrible at providing a stable connection.

post #3038 of 3183


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post


That's what happened on my previous updates on the server or my single player maps. 1.7.3 -> 1.8.1 -> 1.0.0 all did this.
However, the snapshot given to us specifically stated that you need to create a new map to get the jungle biomes to appear (They are indeed fantastic, checked them out a while ago, my favourite biome now. ). I don't know how it's going to work with this one. We'll see.


Oh okay, I see.

 

post #3039 of 3183
I took at gander at what TheVoxelBox has been up to on their server. Everything I have ever made is now meaningless.
ASDFK
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 ASRock 880G Extreme3 Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X Kingston HyperX 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Caviar Black/1.5TB Barracuda x2 Windows 7 64-bit Samsung E2220 CM SilentPro M600 600W 
CaseMouse
CM HAF-932 Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
ASDFK
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 ASRock 880G Extreme3 Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X Kingston HyperX 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Caviar Black/1.5TB Barracuda x2 Windows 7 64-bit Samsung E2220 CM SilentPro M600 600W 
CaseMouse
CM HAF-932 Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3040 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwang17 View Post

I took at gander at what TheVoxelBox has been up to on their server. Everything I have ever made is now meaningless.

agreed frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › General Minecraft Discussion