Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › General Minecraft Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

General Minecraft Discussion - Page 305

post #3041 of 3183
I'm a noob at redstone. So, I decided to take on a challenge for myself: build a redstone calculator with just adding functionality for now that functions like an actual calculator controls wise. Answers I want in 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, and >10.

So far, I can add 1 and 2 together or just do one of them, press a button to view the results, and then reset the entire device. With buttons, not levers. Levers would be overly easy.

I'm doing it without looking up complete schematics online. The only resource I use is a list of simple logic gates and their different variations. It's nice figuring this all out.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/6951/20120127183923.png
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5946/20120127183935.png
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7815/20120127183948.png


Next step: Add a couple of more inputs, then organize the output to either:
--Get all the ON state redstone torches on the left, all the OFF state torches on the right.
--Have one torch represent a single number from 0 to 10 + >10, to simplify the result indicator

I think I got that figured out, just need to implement it. Both of the above I'm thinking have a similar solution.

As to adding more than one of the same number, that might happen once I'm finished with this part. Haven't thought of a solution to that yet though.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3042 of 3183
I want to be on the members list biggrin.gif

andrews2547 - andrews2547
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3043 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post

I'm a noob at redstone. So, I decided to take on a challenge for myself: build a redstone calculator with just adding functionality for now that functions like an actual calculator controls wise. Answers I want in 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, and >10.
So far, I can add 1 and 2 together or just do one of them, press a button to view the results, and then reset the entire device. With buttons, not levers. Levers would be overly easy.
I'm doing it without looking up complete schematics online. The only resource I use is a list of simple logic gates and their different variations. It's nice figuring this all out.
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/6951/20120127183923.png
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5946/20120127183935.png
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7815/20120127183948.png
Next step: Add a couple of more inputs, then organize the output to either:
--Get all the ON state redstone torches on the left, all the OFF state torches on the right.
--Have one torch represent a single number from 0 to 10 + >10, to simplify the result indicator
I think I got that figured out, just need to implement it. Both of the above I'm thinking have a similar solution.
As to adding more than one of the same number, that might happen once I'm finished with this part. Haven't thought of a solution to that yet though.

Not bad thumb.gif I had one made that could do up to 16 (0-15) add and sub, but I'll have to make it again on my new world redface.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX-8350 Asus Crosshair V MSI GTX460 Hawk 1gb MSI GTX460 Hawk 1gb 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 8gb (2x4gb) Crucial M4 64GB Samsung F3 1TB Western Digital 320GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom WC Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Dell E2311H Dell E2311H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LH 23EN43 Ducky Year of the Dragon 2012 SilverStone Strider 1000W-P Corsair 800D 
Audio
Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX-8350 Asus Crosshair V MSI GTX460 Hawk 1gb MSI GTX460 Hawk 1gb 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 8gb (2x4gb) Crucial M4 64GB Samsung F3 1TB Western Digital 320GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom WC Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Dell E2311H Dell E2311H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LH 23EN43 Ducky Year of the Dragon 2012 SilverStone Strider 1000W-P Corsair 800D 
Audio
Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3044 of 3183
Looking good, Zant wheee.gif

I couldn't even figure out a piston door lachen.gif
Proteus
(17 items)
 
 
Ordinary Toaster
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 GTX 780 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial BX200 Cheap something that writes DVD-RW Hyper 212 Evo Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 2x Asus VW246H Corsair Strafe MX Brown Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition SteelSeries Sensei RAW SteelSeries QCK Altec Lansing BXR1221 
Audio
Sentey Symph GS-4531 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 ASUS Nvidia GTX 260m 4 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Scorpio Blue 750GB Windows 7 1366x768 Epson projector 
Mouse
Logitech M305 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
I5 650 Intel DH57JG 8gb generic 750gb Scorpio Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
3tb Caviar Green Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 Stock Intel Cooler Debian 8 
PowerCase
Cheap generic 450w Some cheap junk I had lying around 
  hide details  
Reply
Proteus
(17 items)
 
 
Ordinary Toaster
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 GTX 780 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial BX200 Cheap something that writes DVD-RW Hyper 212 Evo Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 2x Asus VW246H Corsair Strafe MX Brown Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition SteelSeries Sensei RAW SteelSeries QCK Altec Lansing BXR1221 
Audio
Sentey Symph GS-4531 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 ASUS Nvidia GTX 260m 4 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Scorpio Blue 750GB Windows 7 1366x768 Epson projector 
Mouse
Logitech M305 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
I5 650 Intel DH57JG 8gb generic 750gb Scorpio Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
3tb Caviar Green Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 Stock Intel Cooler Debian 8 
PowerCase
Cheap generic 450w Some cheap junk I had lying around 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3045 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by G33K View Post

Looking good, Zant wheee.gif
I couldn't even figure out a piston door lachen.gif

Actually, after hours working with that, i determined that it was server lag that was screwing up redstone...at least that is what i am going by.
post #3046 of 3183
I had the same thing, even on my old 15fps lappy (temporarily using it again actually lachen.gif ) I could see that the doors derped out a bit. If I screw around with it with the offline files Zant gave me, I might be able to fit a full-fledged RS-NOR in there and see if it works locally at least, with buttons instead of stupid levers biggrin.gif
Proteus
(17 items)
 
 
Ordinary Toaster
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 GTX 780 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial BX200 Cheap something that writes DVD-RW Hyper 212 Evo Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 2x Asus VW246H Corsair Strafe MX Brown Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition SteelSeries Sensei RAW SteelSeries QCK Altec Lansing BXR1221 
Audio
Sentey Symph GS-4531 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 ASUS Nvidia GTX 260m 4 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Scorpio Blue 750GB Windows 7 1366x768 Epson projector 
Mouse
Logitech M305 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
I5 650 Intel DH57JG 8gb generic 750gb Scorpio Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
3tb Caviar Green Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 Stock Intel Cooler Debian 8 
PowerCase
Cheap generic 450w Some cheap junk I had lying around 
  hide details  
Reply
Proteus
(17 items)
 
 
Ordinary Toaster
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 GTX 780 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial BX200 Cheap something that writes DVD-RW Hyper 212 Evo Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 2x Asus VW246H Corsair Strafe MX Brown Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition SteelSeries Sensei RAW SteelSeries QCK Altec Lansing BXR1221 
Audio
Sentey Symph GS-4531 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 ASUS Nvidia GTX 260m 4 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Scorpio Blue 750GB Windows 7 1366x768 Epson projector 
Mouse
Logitech M305 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
I5 650 Intel DH57JG 8gb generic 750gb Scorpio Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
3tb Caviar Green Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 Stock Intel Cooler Debian 8 
PowerCase
Cheap generic 450w Some cheap junk I had lying around 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3047 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by G33K View Post

I had the same thing, even on my old 15fps lappy (temporarily using it again actually lachen.gif ) I could see that the doors derped out a bit. If I screw around with it with the offline files Zant gave me, I might be able to fit a full-fledged RS-NOR in there and see if it works locally at least, with buttons instead of stupid levers biggrin.gif

I had this huge creative world of just me trying to figure it out.
post #3048 of 3183
You need to replace the fiels of an SP world with the MP world files if you want to get it to work, keep that in mind. That's the simplest way I saw of importing it.

On my calculator, I am still puzzled by all this. I messed around with different structures, but find no way of arranging a certain amount of inputs into certain outputs. This would be needed for the output as well as the basic calculation on the adder. Anyone have any advice? I assume some sort of device with AND gates with a few extensions would be able to achieve this but I'm just confused. Redstone. redface.gif
Edited by De-Zant - 1/28/12 at 6:59am
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3049 of 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post

You need to replace the fiels of an SP world with the MP world files if you want to get it to work, keep that in mind. That's the simplest way I saw of importing it.
On my calculator, I am still puzzled by all this. I messed around with different structures, but find no way of arranging a certain amount of inputs into certain outputs. This would be needed for the output as well as the basic calculation on the adder. Anyone have any advice? I assume some sort of device with AND gates with a few extensions would be able to achieve this but I'm just confused. Redstone. redface.gif

I did it by converting the numbers to binary, and using a 4-bit binary adder to get the results and then converting back to decimal. It wasn't fast tho redface.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX-8350 Asus Crosshair V MSI GTX460 Hawk 1gb MSI GTX460 Hawk 1gb 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 8gb (2x4gb) Crucial M4 64GB Samsung F3 1TB Western Digital 320GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom WC Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Dell E2311H Dell E2311H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LH 23EN43 Ducky Year of the Dragon 2012 SilverStone Strider 1000W-P Corsair 800D 
Audio
Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
FX-8350 Asus Crosshair V MSI GTX460 Hawk 1gb MSI GTX460 Hawk 1gb 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX 8gb (2x4gb) Crucial M4 64GB Samsung F3 1TB Western Digital 320GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Custom WC Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Dell E2311H Dell E2311H 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LH 23EN43 Ducky Year of the Dragon 2012 SilverStone Strider 1000W-P Corsair 800D 
Audio
Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3050 of 3183
I got 2 acounts biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
1. minecratnoah123
2. xxxbea8txxx
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › General Minecraft Discussion