New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The PPD Police - Page 83

post #821 of 6334
I have to somewhat agree with you both, Digigami & SKI. Probably no suprise to SKI . I'm somewhat of a competitive person and I joined the team competition to compete. So it would be nice if we were at least striving to compete with the other teams. Or at the least to better our own PPD output for the team on an ongoing basis.

This lack of competing has been frustrating to me as well. Most likely had a little something to do with my points dropping off the deep end in January. I've tried to make a more concerted effort in Feb. but hit a bump in early March here with not getting my core updated in time to keep from picking up a couple 6702's. Truth is though that I've been giving thought to leaving the Team Competiton because in short if we are not competing I might as well switch back to regular smp and have my i7 rig spending more time doing the more mundane things I built it for rather than letting it sit worrying about it crunching all the PPD it can.

I do quite realize that I don't have the hardware to take us to first place. I do think that I can put out enough -bigadv wu's to put us near the top. If such a time comes that I'm clearly holding the team back I'll gladly step down. Hopefully if it came to that it would only be temporary until an upgrade or two would put be back in contention.

I should add that I'm currently not putting out PPD for the team today. That is because I'm taking a break to write this from trying to stabilize 4.2. Hopefully if I can get it stable the extra MHz will make up for my not folding today. So back to staring at bluescreens for me.
Monster IIr
(20 items)
 
Tinker
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI R7970 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black 640GB Crucial M4 SSD Corsair 840 SSD Seagate  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Cogage Arrow Windows 7 Alienware AW2310 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair 850TX CM Sniper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M60 FUNC X-Fi Titanium HD  Sennheiser PC360 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 FTW XFX 5850 Mushkin Blackline 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Blue 640 Asus Corsair A70 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 Rosewill RK-800G Seasonic M12II 620 NZXT Gamma 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Func Archetype 1030 ASUS XONAR_DG JVC HA-RX700 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster IIr
(20 items)
 
Tinker
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI R7970 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black 640GB Crucial M4 SSD Corsair 840 SSD Seagate  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Cogage Arrow Windows 7 Alienware AW2310 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair 850TX CM Sniper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M60 FUNC X-Fi Titanium HD  Sennheiser PC360 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 FTW XFX 5850 Mushkin Blackline 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Blue 640 Asus Corsair A70 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 Rosewill RK-800G Seasonic M12II 620 NZXT Gamma 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Func Archetype 1030 ASUS XONAR_DG JVC HA-RX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #822 of 6334
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sizzzle~ View Post
I have to somewhat agree with you both, Digigami & SKI. Probably no suprise to SKI . I'm somewhat of a competitive person and I joined the team competition to compete. So it would be nice if we were at least striving to compete with the other teams. Or at the least to better our own PPD output for the team on an ongoing basis.

This lack of competing has been frustrating to me as well. Most likely had a little something to do with my points dropping off the deep end in January. I've tried to make a more concerted effort in Feb. but hit a bump in early March here with not getting my core updated in time to keep from picking up a couple 6702's. Truth is though that I've been giving thought to leaving the Team Competiton because in short if we are not competing I might as well switch back to regular smp and have my i7 rig spending more time doing the more mundane things I built it for rather than letting it sit worrying about it crunching all the PPD it can.

I do quite realize that I don't have the hardware to take us to first place. I do think that I can put out enough -bigadv wu's to put us near the top. If such a time comes that I'm clearly holding the team back I'll gladly step down. Hopefully if it came to that it would only be temporary until an upgrade or two would put be back in contention.

I should add that I'm currently not putting out PPD for the team today. That is because I'm taking a break to write this from trying to stabilize 4.2. Hopefully if I can get it stable the extra MHz will make up for my not folding today. So back to staring at bluescreens for me.
Trust me, i know how you feel
And also dont think you've held us back, because you have not
The KraKEn
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 920 ASUS ROG RAmpage III Extreme Dead MSI 465 Golden Edition  GTX 285 (lol @ cards rn) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
14 GB Sector 7  Western Digital 1000GB Green 60 GB SSD for OS All Under Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 23" Samsung LED  Dell Quietkey lol Cooler Masta Silent Pro 1000W :D 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Custom 932 G9X Desk? VSonic IEMs 
  hide details  
Reply
The KraKEn
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 920 ASUS ROG RAmpage III Extreme Dead MSI 465 Golden Edition  GTX 285 (lol @ cards rn) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
14 GB Sector 7  Western Digital 1000GB Green 60 GB SSD for OS All Under Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 23" Samsung LED  Dell Quietkey lol Cooler Masta Silent Pro 1000W :D 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Custom 932 G9X Desk? VSonic IEMs 
  hide details  
Reply
post #823 of 6334
Yeah I hear ya there sizzle. My 930 is stable at 4280, so if you want a bios template from me for some ideas that'd be no problem.
post #824 of 6334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digigami View Post
Yeah I hear ya there sizzle. My 930 is stable at 4280, so if you want a bios template from me for some ideas that'd be no problem.
See this is the kind of stuff i expected from the team

You guys are starting to help each other out and are Brainstorming together,
We keed it up and you never know maybe we can achieve some pretty cool stuff!
The KraKEn
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 920 ASUS ROG RAmpage III Extreme Dead MSI 465 Golden Edition  GTX 285 (lol @ cards rn) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
14 GB Sector 7  Western Digital 1000GB Green 60 GB SSD for OS All Under Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 23" Samsung LED  Dell Quietkey lol Cooler Masta Silent Pro 1000W :D 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Custom 932 G9X Desk? VSonic IEMs 
  hide details  
Reply
The KraKEn
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 920 ASUS ROG RAmpage III Extreme Dead MSI 465 Golden Edition  GTX 285 (lol @ cards rn) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
14 GB Sector 7  Western Digital 1000GB Green 60 GB SSD for OS All Under Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 23" Samsung LED  Dell Quietkey lol Cooler Masta Silent Pro 1000W :D 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Custom 932 G9X Desk? VSonic IEMs 
  hide details  
Reply
post #825 of 6334
While my Thuban can't really crank out the PPD without bigadv, the GTX 480 that has been folding for me 24/7 can. I can take over the Fermi position if needed.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K  ASUS P8Z77-M Pro Zotac GTX 650 Ti G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D 16 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 335 Series 240GB SSD Corsair H60 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 AOC IPS i2367Fh x 2 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic 660W Platinum Fractal Design Define Mini Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K  ASUS P8Z77-M Pro Zotac GTX 650 Ti G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D 16 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 335 Series 240GB SSD Corsair H60 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 AOC IPS i2367Fh x 2 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic 660W Platinum Fractal Design Define Mini Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #826 of 6334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanger View Post
While my Thuban can't really crank out the PPD without bigadv, the GTX 480 that has been folding for me 24/7 can. I can take over the Fermi position if needed.
We can try, BUT!
You have to realize that finding another X6 (and of recently i7 2500K's) is almost nearly impossible :/
The KraKEn
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 920 ASUS ROG RAmpage III Extreme Dead MSI 465 Golden Edition  GTX 285 (lol @ cards rn) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
14 GB Sector 7  Western Digital 1000GB Green 60 GB SSD for OS All Under Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 23" Samsung LED  Dell Quietkey lol Cooler Masta Silent Pro 1000W :D 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Custom 932 G9X Desk? VSonic IEMs 
  hide details  
Reply
The KraKEn
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 920 ASUS ROG RAmpage III Extreme Dead MSI 465 Golden Edition  GTX 285 (lol @ cards rn) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
14 GB Sector 7  Western Digital 1000GB Green 60 GB SSD for OS All Under Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 23" Samsung LED  Dell Quietkey lol Cooler Masta Silent Pro 1000W :D 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Custom 932 G9X Desk? VSonic IEMs 
  hide details  
Reply
post #827 of 6334
I might be able to help with that... another team might be losing their X6 Folder. If they do, I have a rep for them.

If they don't lose that Folder, I can send him over here instead.
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #828 of 6334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digigami View Post
Yeah I hear ya there sizzle. My 930 is stable at 4280, so if you want a bios template from me for some ideas that'd be no problem.
Thanks Digi, PM me the that template if you get a chance. Maybe it will give me some ideas. It was being stubborn today, of course my B batch 930 seems to always be stubborn when leaving it's comfy nook at 3.8. I tried to cheat today as I have a profile saved that is just barely stable enough for Vantage runs at 4.3. So I tried to cut corners and back it off to 4.2 and stabilize it. Nope, should have just started from scratch. Sometimes fast is slow and slow is fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanger View Post
While my Thuban can't really crank out the PPD without bigadv, the GTX 480 that has been folding for me 24/7 can. I can take over the Fermi position if needed.
When did you get a 480 ? Nice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac View Post
I might be able to help with that... another team might be losing their X6 Folder. If they do, I have a rep for them.

If they don't lose that Folder, I can send him over here instead.
Monster IIr
(20 items)
 
Tinker
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI R7970 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black 640GB Crucial M4 SSD Corsair 840 SSD Seagate  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Cogage Arrow Windows 7 Alienware AW2310 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair 850TX CM Sniper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M60 FUNC X-Fi Titanium HD  Sennheiser PC360 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 FTW XFX 5850 Mushkin Blackline 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Blue 640 Asus Corsair A70 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 Rosewill RK-800G Seasonic M12II 620 NZXT Gamma 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Func Archetype 1030 ASUS XONAR_DG JVC HA-RX700 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster IIr
(20 items)
 
Tinker
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI R7970 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Black 640GB Crucial M4 SSD Corsair 840 SSD Seagate  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Cogage Arrow Windows 7 Alienware AW2310 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair 850TX CM Sniper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M60 FUNC X-Fi Titanium HD  Sennheiser PC360 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 FTW XFX 5850 Mushkin Blackline 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Blue 640 Asus Corsair A70 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2410 Rosewill RK-800G Seasonic M12II 620 NZXT Gamma 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Func Archetype 1030 ASUS XONAR_DG JVC HA-RX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #829 of 6334
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sizzzle~ View Post
Thanks Digi, PM me the that template if you get a chance. Maybe it will give me some ideas. It was being stubborn today, of course my B batch 930 seems to always be stubborn when leaving it's comfy nook at 3.8. I tried to cheat today as I have a profile saved that is just barely stable enough for Vantage runs at 4.3. So I tried to cut corners and back it off to 4.2 and stabilize it. Nope, should have just started from scratch. Sometimes fast is slow and slow is fast.
PM sent! Let me know if it helps ya
post #830 of 6334
I build custom PCs for friends in my spare time. I just so happens that one of my friends ordered up a 480 rig and is letting me fold on it

Once we find another X6 folder, I'll be glad to be our Fermi folder.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K  ASUS P8Z77-M Pro Zotac GTX 650 Ti G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D 16 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 335 Series 240GB SSD Corsair H60 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 AOC IPS i2367Fh x 2 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic 660W Platinum Fractal Design Define Mini Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K  ASUS P8Z77-M Pro Zotac GTX 650 Ti G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D 16 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 335 Series 240GB SSD Corsair H60 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 AOC IPS i2367Fh x 2 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic 660W Platinum Fractal Design Define Mini Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Team Competition