Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Cyborg R.A.T. and M.M.O Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Cyborg R.A.T. and M.M.O Owners Club - Page 214

post #2131 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

Ouch and I doubt Madcatz has internal software dev.
You could try forcing it via external patch to tell windows to ignore the 1000hz default rate of the microcontroller.
Read through this and do every step carefully if you want to give it a shot. I would attempt patching at 125hz if your mouse is detected.
http://www.ngohq.com/news/15043-how-to-increase-usb-sample-rate-in-windows-vista-7-a.html

Can the changes be undone?
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2132 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

Can the changes be undone?

Yes, they can.

All of them should be able to be reversed.

Mind though, that with some OS it can be hard to make it work.
post #2133 of 3818
I will look into it. Cheers.
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2134 of 3818
Well, most importantly, if you disable V-sync, does the problem still occur?

We do have internal software dev at Mad Catz but you won't be able to affect the polling rate of the mouse as it's behaviour is locked in hardware. Let us know if disabling v-sync helps at all.
post #2135 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Catz Rich View Post

Well, most importantly, if you disable V-sync, does the problem still occur?
We do have internal software dev at Mad Catz but you won't be able to affect the polling rate of the mouse as it's behaviour is locked in hardware. Let us know if disabling v-sync helps at all.

The input variation does not presist when vsync is disabled, but I only use Vsync.
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2136 of 3818
Really, what's with "disable a feature on your computer to get our hardware to work"?

Personally, I'm not having any problems with V-Sync, but I really hate it when a hardware vendor says to disable a feature on my computer to get their hardware to work. My answer is always "I think I'll just return your hardware and use someone else's hardware". V-Sync is there to eliminate tearing. Tearing in some games is really bad and those games must be played with v-sync on. I appreciate that this may just be a troubleshooting step, but manufacturers can't seriously expect gamers to drop v-sync just to use their hardware.

Having said that, V-Sync doesn't cause any problems on my computer, even with the RAT. So, perhaps the answer is somewhere else. If you're part of a small minority having this issue, then I would look elsewhere for the cause. I hate to say it, but some of the hardware on my computer didn't function properly until I had reinstalled Windows a couple of times. Even something like the order that resident software loads in can affect how some of it works. This is a pretty crappy problem to troubleshoot so I can sympathize with you for sure.
Nukeyork
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4770k ASUS Sabertooth Z87 MSI Radeon RX480 Gaming X 8GB MSI Radeon RX480 Gaming X 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16G Kingston 1600MHz Corsair Force Series SSD 180GB Crucial MX300 SSD 525GB Western Digital WD10EALS 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray RW Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 10 64 pro LG 34UM65-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Hcman Zhuque Teamwolf Mechanical Corsair AX750 Corsair 760T Steel Series Sensei Wireless Gaming Mouse 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Steel Series 4HD Pro On Board Thermaltake X 5G Superspeed USB 3.0 Hard Drive ... Logitech Driving Force GT Steering Wheel 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X Joystick NZXT Hue LED Controller Razer Orbweaver Chroma RGB Mechanical Gaming Co... Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm 
  hide details  
Reply
Nukeyork
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4770k ASUS Sabertooth Z87 MSI Radeon RX480 Gaming X 8GB MSI Radeon RX480 Gaming X 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16G Kingston 1600MHz Corsair Force Series SSD 180GB Crucial MX300 SSD 525GB Western Digital WD10EALS 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray RW Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 10 64 pro LG 34UM65-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Hcman Zhuque Teamwolf Mechanical Corsair AX750 Corsair 760T Steel Series Sensei Wireless Gaming Mouse 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Steel Series 4HD Pro On Board Thermaltake X 5G Superspeed USB 3.0 Hard Drive ... Logitech Driving Force GT Steering Wheel 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X Joystick NZXT Hue LED Controller Razer Orbweaver Chroma RGB Mechanical Gaming Co... Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2137 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergatroid View Post

Really, what's with "disable a feature on your computer to get our hardware to work"?
Personally, I'm not having any problems with V-Sync, but I really hate it when a hardware vendor says to disable a feature on my computer to get their hardware to work. My answer is always "I think I'll just return your hardware and use someone else's hardware". V-Sync is there to eliminate tearing. Tearing in some games is really bad and those games must be played with v-sync on. I appreciate that this may just be a troubleshooting step, but manufacturers can't seriously expect gamers to drop v-sync just to use their hardware.
Having said that, V-Sync doesn't cause any problems on my computer, even with the RAT. So, perhaps the answer is somewhere else. If you're part of a small minority having this issue, then I would look elsewhere for the cause. I hate to say it, but some of the hardware on my computer didn't function properly until I had reinstalled Windows a couple of times. Even something like the order that resident software loads in can affect how some of it works. This is a pretty crappy problem to troubleshoot so I can sympathize with you for sure.

Save your rant for some other case.

It's very simple here :
In most engines, V-Sync causes input lag.
You disable V-Sync, and input lag is gone.

That happens with EVERY mouse brand.

It's just that Mad Catz/Razer/Logitech/Roccat/Zowie/Omgheadshot can do nothing about it because it's the way V-Sync works, and the way game engines are built.



Having said that, he should look into a way to resolve this, because it's his system config that makes the input lag, not the mouse.

I suggest checking if triple buffer is enabled, and check the value of frames to render ahead.
post #2138 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMS View Post

Save your rant for some other case.
It's very simple here :
In most engines, V-Sync causes input lag.
You disable V-Sync, and input lag is gone.
That happens with EVERY mouse brand.
It's just that Mad Catz/Razer/Logitech/Roccat/Zowie/Omgheadshot can do nothing about it because it's the way V-Sync works, and the way game engines are built.
Having said that, he should look into a way to resolve this, because it's his system config that makes the input lag, not the mouse.
I suggest checking if triple buffer is enabled, and check the value of frames to render ahead.

His rant is not far off from the truth! Also, we all understand that Vsync causes input lag. everybody knows this and we all understand this. the argument here is that the lag variation increases/decreases and is not consistant. That is the issue here.
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2139 of 3818
sady my R.A.T .3 been double clicking for some months now and the support is non existed.
Super Abrams Tank
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H XFX HD7950 DD Samsung 30nm 2x4GB DDR3-1600 @ DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB SSD 2x500GB LG Blu ray HD-dvd combo DVD-rw drive Cooler Master V6GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2343 Logitech K320 Silverstone ST750EF 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Cyborg R.A.T. 3 Desk keyboard tray Audio-GD NFB-12 
Audio
Audio-Techinca A900x 
  hide details  
Reply
Super Abrams Tank
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H XFX HD7950 DD Samsung 30nm 2x4GB DDR3-1600 @ DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB SSD 2x500GB LG Blu ray HD-dvd combo DVD-rw drive Cooler Master V6GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Samsung 2343 Logitech K320 Silverstone ST750EF 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Cyborg R.A.T. 3 Desk keyboard tray Audio-GD NFB-12 
Audio
Audio-Techinca A900x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2140 of 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

His rant is not far off from the truth! Also, we all understand that Vsync causes input lag. everybody knows this and we all understand this. the argument here is that the lag variation increases/decreases and is not consistant. That is the issue here.

Do you have any other mouse around?

If you can prove that this only happens with your RAT mouse on your computer, you might be on to something.

Else, it's just checking your settings, there might be something that can be tweaked to improve performance wink.gif



Oh, and his rant is far off the truth, for he's blaming on a peripherals company a problem that arises when activating a software fix for a monitor problem (we're talking of OS, game makers and monitor manufacturers here, notice there's nothing about input peripherals related to V-Sync).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Cyborg R.A.T. and M.M.O Owners Club