U can see there box compared to old RAT 7(just size comparison), also what is inside and some close up photos of mouse itself. I don't have proper camera only smartphone - sorry for that:)
As for tests, you can find in gallery Enotus screenshot(tried to did my best, but was doing test "for public" for first time...).
1. As for dynamic CPI - I spend around 10 min doing dots in Paint, and moving whole my pad width on 25 DPI sensitivity so in my logic even slightest change in cpi should be seen without problems. But i didn't saw any difference in dots positions and distance between them. If you really want i can make video of it but it will be boring one...
@@@ UPDATE @@@@
As someone pointed out i did that test wrong... on lowest DPI there is nothing lower to scale into. So i did test again. as start i tried 8200 max dpi but it was impossible on this DPI, so i did it on 4200 with LOD 0,7mm. I made "workstation" :
Below video, be warned tho- Even I'm not convinced into myself doing this. When Dumping ON I'm sure that scaling is working, when dumping off even tho there are not ideal and from time to time going differently i think it';s more my fault. Also after second day of using it i found this TE mouse likes my desk more than my pad..... well. I did test on pad anyway.
2. Z-axis issue.
This one is bit harder for me. It's not as it was in my old RAT 7, i could not move from one corner to another of screen by just lifting mouse, but cursor is jumping a bit more in comparison with my CM Havoc I'm normally using. Difference is not very big tho. Also due to specific RAT body shape it's pretty hard to lift it off and put down ideally... as you can see on one of my videos when i'm checking 0,2mm LOD(i did 2 test with max and lowest possible LOD) I could manage to lift it of and put down properly in the end of video, at beginning \I'm putting it on and of without care and "natural" when not paying attention how I'm doing it.
3. Software - In imgur gallery you have some screenshots. Interesting position is "sensor dumping"... no idea what it is and how it works but ill ask here and there. As for paint test i did two with sensor dumping on and off ... no big difference tbh.
if someone ask - i was using it on CM Storm Control-RX pad. Its cloth but made from Lycra with very tight and smooth wave. At home i have only that one. my old Goliathus is so weared off I wont test on it...
To say anything about mouse i need to test it for some time as with any mouse out there. General feeling is better than with old RAT's (i was not using RAT 7 for some time tho, just my memory that might be corrupted by using so many mouses since then). But overall and on first sight it's performing better, its much lighter what i like (I'm not fan of heavy mice and weight systems- these are considered PR trash by me). It have no z-axis issue as other rat's have,however sensor is kind of jumping. I'm not fps player anymore but for test purposes ill install again quake live and play some games. This one I remember pretty good since it was nightmare for me to play it on rat 7, dropped playing QL just because mouse that time.
So, for whom RAT TE?
- Old RAT fans- I'll definitely recommend it, It's simply better, lighter and overall nicer. You wont find anything inside(no steel box), you cannot exchange parts of it like in rat 7/9, but you can adjust length as it was in rat 5/7/9. You cannot remove that whole thing tho(like in rat 7 and others). At least I was pulling it with force that wont broke it.
- for some1 who did not used it yet - try it u might be happy since it don't have any serious issues(at least at moment when I'm writing), but
- If you never used RAT's, or was using them and was extremely unhappy, RAT TE still might have things that will make you life harder. It's overall same shape loved by some hated by others. Z-axis issue is not present as it was, however while lifting mouse pointer is "jumping"(landing in same point tho).
If any questions then ask while I have mouse:)(I don't own it, so will pass mouse further later) Edited by FredgHar - 4/17/14 at 2:28pm
feature wise it lacks compared to the 7, less buttons, no thumb scroll and customization
less buttons? they are the same exept the thumb scroller...
it's a RAT3 with the sniper button, the onboard memory , new customizable sensor and plastic base instead of aluminium (actually I don't know if the rat3 is made of aluminium).
it's made to be as light as possible compared to the other RATS
TE should give you basics, but at top grade - i understand it that way.
Damping was turned off but is no difference in how pointer behave. I even check it again, and no difference in path length between points on 25 DPI, no matter how slow i move mouse.
So or I;m checking it wrong somehow or it's simply no cpi scaling:)