Originally Posted by kubed_zero
Well, my 2600K is running fine, but apparently a power outage knocked it out of the loop. I'm on vacation right now, but I'll see if I can get someone to go and push the power button on the computer as soon as possible...
No worries, sir, it happens. And, really, better this month than next!
When you get back, you should change your BIOS setting to have the computer "return to the last power state after power loss," this will allow it to boot back up after a power outage. This is how I have all of my folding rigs set up and it seems to work great!
Also, my HFM isn't updating, I thought R2-D2 crashed my network again, but I had my wife check it and he's running fine, so I had her check Firefly (my old Pentium 4 rig that runs my HFM) and she found that HFM was locked up. It wouldn't let her close it and I didn't want to bother her with it, so I'll fix that tonight. I'm just happy to find that my network isn't locked up again, so I won't be losing any folding points for the TC!!
Also, this brings up a good question...Do you guys name your rigs too? I have:
- Mother (my TC rig, named after the computer in Alien)
- R2-D2 (my 2700k rig that is my main rig right now)
- Firefly (my old Gateway Pentium 4 rig that runs my HFM
- Lappy486 (my old Gateway laptop that folds when its not 90+ degrees outside)
- Johnny 5 (another old Pentium 4 Gateway that I'm actually giving to a coworker later this week)
- 3570k (my 3570k that I haven't named yet)
- Courtney (Needs to be named, the chich that gave it to me was Courtney and it still shows on my network as "Courtney-HP", its an i5 laptop that I use as our HTPC, I got it in exchange for getting her info off of it because the screen no longer works...Hooked up an HDMI cable, bluetooth keyboard and bam! HTPC!)
I try to name all of mine after computers/robots in my favorite movies.
So I was just wondering, what do you guys call your computers? Do you use their names in conversation (my wife has learned most
of mine)? How did you come up with the names?Edited by WonderMutt - 7/24/12 at 10:08am