New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Slammers - Page 196  

post #1951 of 2256

Rig is back up and running. HDD completely crashed. Lost 500+GB of movies :(

 

Oh well. Time to get a new HDD and start getting my movie collection back

post #1952 of 2256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidoma View Post

Rig is back up and running. HDD completely crashed. Lost 500+GB of movies frown.gif

Oh well. Time to get a new HDD and start getting my movie collection back

I've been there. I used a tool ( I can't remember, maybe AIO Hard Disk Tools or Norton Ghost?) that was able to "remove" the bad sectors (just tell the read/write heads not to look there) and then recover my media. Granted, this was on a 2nd drive that never housed an OS, and took over a day and a half to finish the 1 TB drive... but if you're lucky you may be able to get some of your data back. OR just suck up bandwidth for a week and start it all over again thumb.gif

Glad to see everyone is back up and Slamming HARD!
INTELligent
(11 items)
 
Quad-tastic!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K Z87X-UD3H EVGA GTX 1080 SC G.SKILL Sniper Series 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsun 840 SSD XSPC Rasa Win8.1 x64 Samsung 23" 
KeyboardPowerCase
Logitech G110 Rosewill Capstone 750 M Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom 9850 BE @2.7 DFI LANParty DK 790FX-M2RS HD 6770 HD 6770 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
9600 GSO 4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 Zalman CNPS9700 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 23" Samsung SyncMaster 2333 19" Viewsonic VX910 Logitech G110 700W OCZ GameXStream 
Case
Antec 900II 
CPUCPUGraphicsHard Drive
Xeon E5450 Xeon E5450 8600 GT HP 15k SAS Drive 
OS
Win Server 2008 
  hide details  
INTELligent
(11 items)
 
Quad-tastic!
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K Z87X-UD3H EVGA GTX 1080 SC G.SKILL Sniper Series 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsun 840 SSD XSPC Rasa Win8.1 x64 Samsung 23" 
KeyboardPowerCase
Logitech G110 Rosewill Capstone 750 M Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom 9850 BE @2.7 DFI LANParty DK 790FX-M2RS HD 6770 HD 6770 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
9600 GSO 4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 Zalman CNPS9700 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 23" Samsung SyncMaster 2333 19" Viewsonic VX910 Logitech G110 700W OCZ GameXStream 
Case
Antec 900II 
CPUCPUGraphicsHard Drive
Xeon E5450 Xeon E5450 8600 GT HP 15k SAS Drive 
OS
Win Server 2008 
  hide details  
post #1953 of 2256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Gators! View Post


I've been there. I used a tool ( I can't remember, maybe AIO Hard Disk Tools or Norton Ghost?) that was able to "remove" the bad sectors (just tell the read/write heads not to look there) and then recover my media. Granted, this was on a 2nd drive that never housed an OS, and took over a day and a half to finish the 1 TB drive... but if you're lucky you may be able to get some of your data back. OR just suck up bandwidth for a week and start it all over again thumb.gif

Glad to see everyone is back up and Slamming HARD!

Well I am going to try to get all my data back. It just has the OS and Movies on the drive so there isn't much. When I plug in the drive it makes about 6 clicking sounds. I am going to try to plug it into my other system and if that doesn't work I am going to take it apart and try to repair it or something. If not I will just download all the movies again. I am moving next week so downloading while I move might be a good idea.

post #1954 of 2256
hey slammers, had a quick question. how much of a point drop off would i see if i switched my gtx 480 @ 800mhz for a 560ti @ 1000mhz ?
post #1955 of 2256
Quote:
Originally Posted by albear01 View Post

hey slammers, had a quick question. how much of a point drop off would i see if i switched my gtx 480 @ 800mhz for a 560ti @ 1000mhz ?

My Evga 560Ti 2win gets about 23.5k on each core @ 850 with most normal wu's.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
post #1956 of 2256
Thats around what my 480 is getting, I thought there would be a bigger difference. Thanks hertz
post #1957 of 2256
It is Chimp Challenge time again!

For those of you who don't know what it is, it is a big competition between the top F@H teams in the world. It is a 10 day competition when you want to get as much as you can folding.

Don't worry you don't have to do anything to prepare, other than get the word out to other OCNers!

Official Page
Edited by benpack101 - 4/4/13 at 8:37pm
Combat 1.1
(16 items)
 
PAIN
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K P9X79 PRO GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 970 Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung  Crucial M4 64GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 1TB ASUS 24x DVD Burner 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultamite 64 bit Arch Linux ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" HDMI Widescreen LC... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Combo mk520 Seasonic X Series 650W NXT Phantom 410 Logitech Combo mk520 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti  Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung  Seagate Barracuda HDD Crucial M4 SSD Corsair H80 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Enterprise Seasonic M12II 750w Plexiglass 
  hide details  
Combat 1.1
(16 items)
 
PAIN
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K P9X79 PRO GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 970 Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung  Crucial M4 64GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 1TB ASUS 24x DVD Burner 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultamite 64 bit Arch Linux ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" HDMI Widescreen LC... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Combo mk520 Seasonic X Series 650W NXT Phantom 410 Logitech Combo mk520 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti  Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung  Seagate Barracuda HDD Crucial M4 SSD Corsair H80 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Enterprise Seasonic M12II 750w Plexiglass 
  hide details  
post #1958 of 2256

should I fold on my laptop? It is just sitting here... The screen is broken (still powers on, but it is falling off the laptop).

 


post #1959 of 2256
From a research standpoint, every little bit helps. The thing is you will probably be paying more for your electricity bill than anyone would like to for so little production/points.

Before I built the computer that is folding for the Slammers, all the folding I had really done was on a laptop that was getting me around 1.5k a day.

I guess if you don't mind powering her for the duration of the challenge, it won't hurt. The Chimp Challenge is all about getting every little device folding.

I would suggest trying to find a different use for it though, perhaps turn it into an FTP server or something. If there is anything salvageable, perhaps you could sell some stuff and put the money towards your main rig, or other tech necessities.
Combat 1.1
(16 items)
 
PAIN
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K P9X79 PRO GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 970 Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung  Crucial M4 64GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 1TB ASUS 24x DVD Burner 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultamite 64 bit Arch Linux ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" HDMI Widescreen LC... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Combo mk520 Seasonic X Series 650W NXT Phantom 410 Logitech Combo mk520 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti  Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung  Seagate Barracuda HDD Crucial M4 SSD Corsair H80 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Enterprise Seasonic M12II 750w Plexiglass 
  hide details  
Combat 1.1
(16 items)
 
PAIN
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K P9X79 PRO GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 970 Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung  Crucial M4 64GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 1TB ASUS 24x DVD Burner 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultamite 64 bit Arch Linux ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" HDMI Widescreen LC... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Combo mk520 Seasonic X Series 650W NXT Phantom 410 Logitech Combo mk520 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti  Samsung  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung  Seagate Barracuda HDD Crucial M4 SSD Corsair H80 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Enterprise Seasonic M12II 750w Plexiglass 
  hide details  
post #1960 of 2256
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpack101 View Post

From a research standpoint, every little bit helps. The thing is you will probably be paying more for your electricity bill than anyone would like to for so little production/points.

Before I built the computer that is folding for the Slammers, all the folding I had really done was on a laptop that was getting me around 1.5k a day.

I guess if you don't mind powering her for the duration of the challenge, it won't hurt. The Chimp Challenge is all about getting every little device folding.

I would suggest trying to find a different use for it though, perhaps turn it into an FTP server or something. If there is anything salvageable, perhaps you could sell some stuff and put the money towards your main rig, or other tech necessities.

I was using it as an HTPC and I might go back to that. It is a nice little rig,l but the screen being broken from the hinges is a real bummer. I guess I will use it as an FTP server or even just a spare computer to test OS on... Still deciding. Thanks for the tips!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Team Competition
This thread is locked