New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Big Bang Theorists - Page 301

post #3001 of 10760

I hope everything works out XPD. If there is anything I can do to assist in your situation, please don't hesitate to ask.

 

@phazer, no worries. School comes first so study for your exams. 

 

A little update, I've reinstalled F@H client (7.1.52) as well as copied the GPUs.txt to data folder. I've also configured the 680 parameters to "client-type" "beta" but to no avail. 

 

Does anybody have any suggestions as to where I can post my issue? I was thinking here

 

EDIT: IT'S ALIVE! I just came back to mess around with it some more and she was folding!! FINALLY. Not sure why, but at this point, who cares!? LOL


Edited by OverK1LL - 7/12/12 at 8:52am
post #3002 of 10760

Well that's good to hear. Weird though... if you have any more issues with that happening totally make a thread in the main folding forum.

 

EVGA Z68 series

vs.

ASUS Sabertooth Z77

 

?

     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3003 of 10760

I've never owned either board, but I'm partial to Asus. I've owned three EVGA boards, and had to RMA all three. I've own dozens of Asus boards and only had to RMA three.

 

Plus, I've seen some impressive numbers from the Sabretooth. 

 

I can't speak towards the difference of z68 and z77 in your situation, but I'd assume z77 would be a better choice.

post #3004 of 10760
I'm homeeeeeeeeee wheee.gif

Been driving since 3am this morning tongue.gif

Personal preference is to the Sabertooth boards. But if you've got a bunch of EVGA bucks, and the Z68 is half price, you may as well go that route, though you can't upgrade easily from that route.

While the Z68 is cheaper, and the Z77 is more expensive; the Z77 has the bonus of upgrade-ability via higher RAM ratings, and native PCI-E 3.0- which could well be useful with those EVGA bucks later, if you get a PCI-E 3.0 GPU. Also, the 5 year warrenty never hurts. I paid $38 to my local comp shop, and they do direct trades if it fails for me, so I never am without a mobo for long smile.gif

I think of making rigs like this: I'm going to spend THOUSAND(S) in these rigs.... What's another $40 for the better (or more wanted) of two boards?

That said, my personal dilemma is: Do I get an i7-3930k, and replace my i7-3820 (That is stable at 5.125GHz @ 1.44v) and fold on it or do I get a 2700k and make a totally new rig (I've got a P67 Sabertooth in my closet) and have a spare (Possibly new TC rig) dedicated folding rig? So much time out of town has left me with enough money for one of these routes biggrin.gif
post #3005 of 10760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diber View Post

I'm homeeeeeeeeee wheee.gif
Been driving since 3am this morning tongue.gif
Personal preference is to the Sabertooth boards. But if you've got a bunch of EVGA bucks, and the Z68 is half price, you may as well go that route, though you can't upgrade easily from that route.
While the Z68 is cheaper, and the Z77 is more expensive; the Z77 has the bonus of upgrade-ability via higher RAM ratings, and native PCI-E 3.0- which could well be useful with those EVGA bucks later, if you get a PCI-E 3.0 GPU. Also, the 5 year warrenty never hurts. I paid $38 to my local comp shop, and they do direct trades if it fails for me, so I never am without a mobo for long smile.gif
I think of making rigs like this: I'm going to spend THOUSAND(S) in these rigs.... What's another $40 for the better (or more wanted) of two boards?
That said, my personal dilemma is: Do I get an i7-3930k, and replace my i7-3820 (That is stable at 5.125GHz @ 1.44v) and fold on it or do I get a 2700k and make a totally new rig (I've got a P67 Sabertooth in my closet) and have a spare (Possibly new TC rig) dedicated folding rig? So much time out of town has left me with enough money for one of these routes biggrin.gif


That makes one of us... and yeah I was up last night thinking about it and realized just how many more cores the 600 series cards had compared to the 400 and 500 series. I mean even the basic models (GT 630/640 etc.) have as many or more cores than a 460/560(non ti) albeit with slower VRAM.

 

Personally I've never spent more than $160 for a pair of cards for SLi (early SLi models) and like $140 for any single card, but with the bucks maybe for my next build (especially if Cooler Master ever sends me that PSU and lets me keep it)


Edited by phazer11 - 7/13/12 at 3:04pm
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3006 of 10760
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer11 View Post

That makes one of us... and yeah I was up last night thinking about it and realized just how many more cores the 600 series cards had compared to the 400 and 500 series. I mean even the basic models (GT 630/640 etc.) have as many or more cores than a 460/560(non ti) albeit with slower VRAM.

The "cores" also working with slower speed, they were running twice the core speed in Fermi but in Kepler they run at the same speed, the Kepler can reach a higher overclock though.
Frigg d.y.
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K@4600MHz 1.288V ASUS P8Z68-V EVGA Geforce GTX780Ti@1293MHz 2x4GB G.Skill TrindentX 2400 CL10@2133 CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Force F60 2.5" SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB 2.5" SSD EK-Supremacy CSQ Full Nickel EK-FC Titan Nickel CSQ 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool VPP655 w/ EK D5 X-Top Rev.2 EK-Coolstream Rad XTX 360 & XSPC RS240 Phobya Balancer 150 Reservoir 3xScythe GT AP-15@7V, 2xNexus Real Silent 120mm... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Linux Mint 16 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit Qix Qx2710LED Evolution II 2560x1440 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Keycool 84 w/ Cherry MX Clear  Enermax Platimax 1500W NZXT H630 Func MS3 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Qpad Sweclockers Edition BRIK DAC & AMP Ducky DK9008G2 Pro w/ Cherry MX Clear  
  hide details  
Reply
Frigg d.y.
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K@4600MHz 1.288V ASUS P8Z68-V EVGA Geforce GTX780Ti@1293MHz 2x4GB G.Skill TrindentX 2400 CL10@2133 CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Force F60 2.5" SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB 2.5" SSD EK-Supremacy CSQ Full Nickel EK-FC Titan Nickel CSQ 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool VPP655 w/ EK D5 X-Top Rev.2 EK-Coolstream Rad XTX 360 & XSPC RS240 Phobya Balancer 150 Reservoir 3xScythe GT AP-15@7V, 2xNexus Real Silent 120mm... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Linux Mint 16 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit Qix Qx2710LED Evolution II 2560x1440 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Keycool 84 w/ Cherry MX Clear  Enermax Platimax 1500W NZXT H630 Func MS3 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Qpad Sweclockers Edition BRIK DAC & AMP Ducky DK9008G2 Pro w/ Cherry MX Clear  
  hide details  
Reply
post #3007 of 10760

Alright well I got the motherboard switched out, to find CPU is belly up. I'll do an RMA and hopefully get a better or same quality chip. I will be folding next month whether TC or not.

     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3008 of 10760
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer11 View Post

Alright well I got the motherboard switched out, to find CPU is belly up. I'll do an RMA and hopefully get a better or same quality chip. I will be folding next month whether TC or not.

Boo earns that sucks ): Best of luck to ya~
post #3009 of 10760

Well I'll still be folding for the team just so long as the new one is able to do 4.8GHz+ at around 1.48-1.5v or less. It's going to be in intel's hands I'm calling them tommorrow afternoon after class to start the RMA, depending on how much it is for a normal RMA versus an advanced RMA well we'll see.

 

The new motherboard did fix it though, for about 5 minutes it posted, etc. Now it just sits there with the CPU led lit (yes even with the 12v rail in so not like before). I'm fairly certain it's been all the power spikes we've been having from these storms (even with the UPS with power conditioning, surge strips etc) appliances aren't meant to handle this kind of things even if UPS and what not alleviate most of it, I'm guessing the chip was at the right voltage right time kinda deal (well wrong voltage wrong time but...).

     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3010 of 10760

CPU has arrived, and awesomely enough my CoolerMaster contest kit arrived with it.

Initial tests look good for CPU it boots @5GHz 1.48v I'm going to dial it down a bit to see what the minimum is and then run a 30 minute Prime Blend.

I'll probably post pictures of the goodie bag in a bit.

     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Team Competition