New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Big Bang Theorists - Page 833

post #8321 of 10760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Sakura View Post

Wasn't an AF brat for long as my father had separated a few years after I was born; I'm currently in the AF now (8yr mark in December). Honestly, the AF has the easiest basic training of all branches and the only thing "hard" about it was that it was a mind game the whole time rather than physical (Marines, Army, Navy).

Yeah, still wacky that some go into crying fits. rolleyes.gif

Well back in the States, ugh 10 hour non-stop flight got me very sleep plus the six hour flip back.
At least I finally got news about my tech school finally. Going in late July this year so I only get to spend a few weeks with family before I am off again. Poor cat, Doder going to be mopping big time again. tongue.gif

Though, wooo, going to be cleaning some rigs tomorrow afternoon.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX 1080Ti SC GTX 1070 SC 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1070 SC GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda 3TB EK EVO 2x EK Full Nickel/Acetal Titan X Block Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Vengeance Corsair AX1200W Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1090T ASUS Sabertooth 990FX GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts GTX980 STRIX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Vegeance 8GB Intel SSD Corsair H60 Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 
OSPowerCase
Ubuntu 15.04 Thermaltake Black Widow 850W NZXT Apollo (Soon to change) 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX 1080Ti SC GTX 1070 SC 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1070 SC GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda 3TB EK EVO 2x EK Full Nickel/Acetal Titan X Block Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Vengeance Corsair AX1200W Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1090T ASUS Sabertooth 990FX GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts GTX980 STRIX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Vegeance 8GB Intel SSD Corsair H60 Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 
OSPowerCase
Ubuntu 15.04 Thermaltake Black Widow 850W NZXT Apollo (Soon to change) 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8322 of 10760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Sakura View Post

Wasn't an AF brat for long as my father had separated a few years after I was born; I'm currently in the AF now (8yr mark in December). Honestly, the AF has the easiest basic training of all branches and the only thing "hard" about it was that it was a mind game the whole time rather than physical (Marines, Army, Navy).

Yeah, still wacky that some go into crying fits. rolleyes.gif

Well back in the States, ugh 10 hour non-stop flight got me very sleep plus the six hour flip back.
At least I finally got news about my tech school finally. Going in late July this year so I only get to spend a few weeks with family before I am off again. Poor cat, Doder going to be mopping big time again. tongue.gif

Though, wooo, going to be cleaning some rigs tomorrow afternoon.

Welcome back! Good luck in tech school. thumb.gif

You also moved into third place in the nVidia category today. smile.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8323 of 10760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post

Welcome back! Good luck in tech school. thumb.gif

You also moved into third place in the nVidia category today. smile.gif

Ah good to hear, probably help the fact the 960 not having to suck in a 980's heat atm. Now to wait for my annual training deployment money and I can finally get a water block for that 980.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX 1080Ti SC GTX 1070 SC 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1070 SC GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda 3TB EK EVO 2x EK Full Nickel/Acetal Titan X Block Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Vengeance Corsair AX1200W Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1090T ASUS Sabertooth 990FX GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts GTX980 STRIX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Vegeance 8GB Intel SSD Corsair H60 Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 
OSPowerCase
Ubuntu 15.04 Thermaltake Black Widow 850W NZXT Apollo (Soon to change) 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX 1080Ti SC GTX 1070 SC 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1070 SC GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda 3TB EK EVO 2x EK Full Nickel/Acetal Titan X Block Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Vengeance Corsair AX1200W Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1090T ASUS Sabertooth 990FX GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts GTX980 STRIX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Vegeance 8GB Intel SSD Corsair H60 Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 
OSPowerCase
Ubuntu 15.04 Thermaltake Black Widow 850W NZXT Apollo (Soon to change) 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8324 of 10760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post

Welcome back! Good luck in tech school. thumb.gif

You also moved into third place in the nVidia category today. smile.gif

Ah good to hear, probably help the fact the 960 not having to suck in a 980's heat atm. Now to wait for my annual training deployment money and I can finally get a water block for that 980.

You have same points right now that I got with a GTX 780 when they were first allowed in the nVidia category a couple years ago. I won that month with a stock boost of 1126.

You are the first folder in the TC run a GTX 960 24/7. Thank you for doing that.

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8325 of 10760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Sakura View Post

Knew about the Canadian part but didn't know if you were dual citizenship. I actually enjoy working on the aircraft versus flying it, although legally blind would also put me out of that running as well - was even told my eye sight wouldn't be correctable to meet the standard...

Nah, no dual citizenship sadly as the parents were at home when I was born. Got a "free" helicopter flight though because (according to the parents) I just wouldn't be born without one. Aka that's dad's joke, mom was in way too much pain at the time, and they didn't have the doctors will the appropriate skills in Cold Lake, so they flew me to Edmonton to be born.

I've helped my dad out on occasion when he still had his own AMO (non aviation techgeek speak: aviation repair business), and it was fun.... I'd just get better pay doing my current job (coffee delivery), believe it or not. Also, with the Canadian military, even the guys who supposedly will never see combat such as repair crews are put through the same meat grinder everyone else is (aka basic training), and the gearheads (even medics!) are expected to be as good of a shot as the ground pounders - especially up here, where CFB Namao has had a laser range for twenty years now.

....Probably why our pilots are able to be such annoying enemies in the Tiger Meets despite having less actual seat time in comparison to American fighter pilots tongue.gif ....Sorry, it's a point of pride after having lived on a few (as well as regularly visited) of our few remaining fighter squadron bases. Such a pity only 5/8 of the original squads still exist now, and the fleet is a dwindling number.

Would I consider twisting wrenches in the aviation industry? Perhaps, but I sure don't want to live in BC for the two years of initial training - that's right, CAMC has pretty much only authorized ~ONE~ place for training aircraft maintenance engineers. Okay, there is another, but it's in like... Ontario, and therefore doesn't exist, lol
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
 
 
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-OC MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB SATA3 Maxtor 2TB Black LG DVD-RW Cryorig R1 ultimate 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ VP2210 BenQ VP2210 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Roccat Nyth Steel Series Worgen 
AudioAudioAudio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B AKG K712 Audio Technica ATH-M50X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 780 Classified Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200 CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240 Windows 7 64 Bit Dell E2213H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 EVGA 1000w G2 Open Bench Table Corsair M95 
Mouse Pad
3' wide battle mat 
  hide details  
Reply
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
 
 
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-OC MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB SATA3 Maxtor 2TB Black LG DVD-RW Cryorig R1 ultimate 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ VP2210 BenQ VP2210 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Roccat Nyth Steel Series Worgen 
AudioAudioAudio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B AKG K712 Audio Technica ATH-M50X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 780 Classified Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200 CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240 Windows 7 64 Bit Dell E2213H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 EVGA 1000w G2 Open Bench Table Corsair M95 
Mouse Pad
3' wide battle mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8326 of 10760
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post



Most of you will not know what that is. I love taking pictures on top of that old plywood. smile.gif

Ah, Enlisted Med Branch insignia. Hasn't changed all that much either with what it looks like these days. Back when I was in it was crossed cav sabres on my uniform - after all, if you ain't Cav... wink.gif
post #8327 of 10760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Al View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post



Most of you will not know what that is. I love taking pictures on top of that old plywood. smile.gif

Ah, Enlisted Med Branch insignia. Hasn't changed all that much either with what it looks like these days. Back when I was in it was crossed cav sabres on my uniform - after all, if you ain't Cav... wink.gif

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8328 of 10760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post

Yeah, still wacky that some go into crying fits. rolleyes.gif

Well back in the States, ugh 10 hour non-stop flight got me very sleep plus the six hour flip back.
At least I finally got news about my tech school finally. Going in late July this year so I only get to spend a few weeks with family before I am off again. Poor cat, Doder going to be mopping big time again. tongue.gif

Though, wooo, going to be cleaning some rigs tomorrow afternoon.

Hope you had a great time while you were here, glad to hear you made it back safely. As Mike said, best of luck in tech school as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

Nah, no dual citizenship sadly as the parents were at home when I was born. Got a "free" helicopter flight though because (according to the parents) I just wouldn't be born without one. Aka that's dad's joke, mom was in way too much pain at the time, and they didn't have the doctors will the appropriate skills in Cold Lake, so they flew me to Edmonton to be born.

I've helped my dad out on occasion when he still had his own AMO (non aviation techgeek speak: aviation repair business), and it was fun.... I'd just get better pay doing my current job (coffee delivery), believe it or not. Also, with the Canadian military, even the guys who supposedly will never see combat such as repair crews are put through the same meat grinder everyone else is (aka basic training), and the gearheads (even medics!) are expected to be as good of a shot as the ground pounders - especially up here, where CFB Namao has had a laser range for twenty years now.

....Probably why our pilots are able to be such annoying enemies in the Tiger Meets despite having less actual seat time in comparison to American fighter pilots tongue.gif ....Sorry, it's a point of pride after having lived on a few (as well as regularly visited) of our few remaining fighter squadron bases. Such a pity only 5/8 of the original squads still exist now, and the fleet is a dwindling number.

Would I consider twisting wrenches in the aviation industry? Perhaps, but I sure don't want to live in BC for the two years of initial training - that's right, CAMC has pretty much only authorized ~ONE~ place for training aircraft maintenance engineers. Okay, there is another, but it's in like... Ontario, and therefore doesn't exist, lol

Bummer. As for our pilots, no worries someone is better somewhere in the world - can't be helped. And for me, well I'm getting out of the Aviation industry hopefully next year by retraining into Training Manager since I'd like to become a teacher after I retire from the AF and well that's the closest job they have that has to do with education; that is without having to legitimately separate. Even if they were to send me back to the MXG I'd be working as the training rep for a squadron or the group but that'd be it nothing more, nothing less. I do love turning wrenches [on electronics - Avionics Backshop], but I also like helping others learn more so than doing the work myself. But I also don't like when people do something stupid and then try to say I trained them that way... either way I'm leaving that career field for a multitude of reasons and that is one of them.
post #8329 of 10760
wave2.gif

hertz9753 mentioned that he needed a CPU-W spot filled on his team but I don't think he knew I only fold part time.

If you want me to fill in though 'til you guys find someone else just shoot me a PM thumb.gif
2 OP pls nerf
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6400 Skylake Asus Z170-E ATX Asus GTX 1060 6GB GeIL 8GB DDR4 3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk 480GB SSD Western Digital EZRX 3TB Cryorig H7 Windows 10 Pro x64 
PowerAudioAudioAudio
Silverstone 500w Gold Lepai LP-2020A+ AudioSource LS100 Polk Audio PSW111 
  hide details  
Reply
2 OP pls nerf
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6400 Skylake Asus Z170-E ATX Asus GTX 1060 6GB GeIL 8GB DDR4 3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk 480GB SSD Western Digital EZRX 3TB Cryorig H7 Windows 10 Pro x64 
PowerAudioAudioAudio
Silverstone 500w Gold Lepai LP-2020A+ AudioSource LS100 Polk Audio PSW111 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8330 of 10760
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post

wave2.gif

hertz9753 mentioned that he needed a CPU-W spot filled on his team but I don't think he knew I only fold part time.

If you want me to fill in though 'til you guys find someone else just shoot me a PM thumb.gif

Got my vote.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Team Competition