Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Graphite Club [780T/760T/730T/600T/380T/230T]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Graphite Club [780T/760T/730T/600T/380T/230T] - Page 917

post #9161 of 18197
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

If anyone is running a h100 in pull on a 3570k or equivalent could you please post your temps? As i today decided to clean my pc and repaste my h100 with some new mx4 paste from the stock h100 paste thinking i'll get a nice temp reduction but it turned out my temps increased!
Read entire post (Click to show)
I reapplied the paste twice to be sure but the temp has definately gone up, i was getting about 30-35c idle but now getting more like 35-40c idle! So is the stock paste really better than mx4? Slightly wished i'd just left it alone. Load temps with the new paste running prime 95 (small fft max stress test) are about 58-60c at stock speed and about 68-70c at a 4.2ghz oc with stock voltage.

If someone else would share their temps, it would be interesting to see, would also be good if you say what paste your using and push/pull config etc.

Also after i put my pc back together, i turned the power on at the wall and heard a LOUD pop/bang which sounded electrical after inspection of my mobo and components and then a boot, all seems to be working fine and all voltages seem fine in the psu, now i have a fairly old 5 plug extension unit which my pc along with monitor, printer, speakers are plugged into so could that noise just have been built up resistance at the wall socket? I think im going to buy a new surge protector extension unit just to be safe.

I use the H100 (note that I have a push/pull config) on my 3570K and my idle core temps (ambient is 22c) has an avrage of 29c, with a fixed voltage of 1.296 that also allows for my 4.8ghz oc (avrage 74c, max avrage 75,7c after just 6 min of prime but i does not get much higher). I am curious as to what your ambient temps are.

Just some validating pictures, for the sake of it smile.gif


Comparing just the idle temps is no good considering every chip is a little different, but the temprature deltas should be a valid comparison. My temprature delta at idle is 7c avrage, meaning my avrage core temp is 7c above my ambient temp at idle load. If you are in a hotter room with lets say 25c ambient, and you get 35c on avrage core temps that gives you a delta of 10c. which is close to what I get with my push/pull, and normal imo.

As to why your tempratures rose I have no idea. I have no experience with the mx4 but i have read that the stock paste on the H100 performes pretty good. Are you sure the ambient temp is the same though?

EDIT: Also if you are interrested in the push/pull setup i have, you are welcome to pm me or have a look at the pictures i have posted earlier and on my profile smile.gif
post #9162 of 18197
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

If anyone is running a h100 in pull on a 3570k or equivalent could you please post your temps? As i today decided to clean my pc and repaste my h100 with some new mx4 paste from the stock h100 paste thinking i'll get a nice temp reduction but it turned out my temps increased!

I reapplied the paste twice to be sure but the temp has definately gone up, i was getting about 30-35c idle but now getting more like 35-40c idle! So is the stock paste really better than mx4? Slightly wished i'd just left it alone. Load temps with the new paste running prime 95 (small fft max stress test) are about 58-60c at stock speed and about 68-70c at a 4.2ghz oc with stock voltage.

If someone else would share their temps, it would be interesting to see, would also be good if you say what paste your using and push/pull config etc.

Also after i put my pc back together, i turned the power on at the wall and heard a LOUD pop/bang which sounded electrical after inspection of my mobo and components and then a boot, all seems to be working fine and all voltages seem fine in the psu, now i have a fairly old 5 plug extension unit which my pc along with monitor, printer, speakers are plugged into so could that noise just have been built up resistance at the wall socket? I think im going to buy a new surge protector extension unit just to be safe.
about the loud bang or pop you were referring to, it's the capacitor somewhere, i have an asrock z77 extreme4, and yeah i was watercooling wayback then and my aquasuite won't work. i had this aquasuite usb pump and it works but i just can't configure the pump's rpm because my usb port won't recognize it. i inversed the usb slot my capacitor exploded and couldn't turn my pc on. if i were you i would check my mobo for broken capacitors and resolder a new one, it's not that easy to solder a capacitor but it's a safe advice. you don't want messing everything up just because of a bad capacitor.

about the h100, screws maybe too tight or a bit loose not getting full contact on the cpu.
Edited by ervhamzz213 - 4/13/13 at 7:03am
生理
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Extreme Palit Gtx 770 Jetsream 2GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 640pro Samsung 640pro Windows 8 LG 42LM660 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Corsair Ax 850 Corsair Carbide Air 540 Razer Ouroboros 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
生理
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Extreme Palit Gtx 770 Jetsream 2GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 640pro Samsung 640pro Windows 8 LG 42LM660 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Corsair Ax 850 Corsair Carbide Air 540 Razer Ouroboros 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9163 of 18197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branish View Post

Indeed! I was too scared to sleeve my own cables. tongue.gif

Yeah, I was thinking of getting the Bitfenix ones but now I'm certain. Can't wait.
post #9164 of 18197
I fitted a fan grill today and although it looks OK it adds a hell of a lot of noise to the fan which I can't cope with frown.gif Sounds like a jet engine spooling up!

There is no idea solution to my side panel fan, it doesn't like filters, the guard adds too much noise, without anything it looks unfinished...boo!
Intel Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Playstation 4
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.2v MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3T... Full custom watercooling loop Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer XB271HU  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Corsair 760T White Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Roccat Alumic Asus D2X Sound Card Bose Companion 5 Speakers NZXT Hue+ RGB Lighting  
Other
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Playstation 4
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.2v MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3T... Full custom watercooling loop Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer XB271HU  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Corsair 760T White Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Roccat Alumic Asus D2X Sound Card Bose Companion 5 Speakers NZXT Hue+ RGB Lighting  
Other
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9165 of 18197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrael View Post

Yeah, I was thinking of getting the Bitfenix ones but now I'm certain. Can't wait.

I'm in too. Gonna get me some blue. I never realized you could do this.
SimStation
(20 items)
 
HAF Brother
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8Z68-V/Gen 3 evga gtx 680 ftw + evga gtx 680 ftw + 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
corsair vengeance 2 x 4gb 1600 toshiba Q series 256gb Western Digital Caviar Black  lg 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
corsair h100 Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-00 Xigmatek XAF-F1255 windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Samsung t260hd Samsung t260 Samsung t260 Corsair HX 1050 
CaseAudioAudioAudio
corsair 600t harmon kardon hk395 Asus Xonar DGX Creative X-Fi Fatality 
  hide details  
Reply
SimStation
(20 items)
 
HAF Brother
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8Z68-V/Gen 3 evga gtx 680 ftw + evga gtx 680 ftw + 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
corsair vengeance 2 x 4gb 1600 toshiba Q series 256gb Western Digital Caviar Black  lg 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
corsair h100 Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-00 Xigmatek XAF-F1255 windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Samsung t260hd Samsung t260 Samsung t260 Corsair HX 1050 
CaseAudioAudioAudio
corsair 600t harmon kardon hk395 Asus Xonar DGX Creative X-Fi Fatality 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9166 of 18197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylrese View Post

I fitted a fan grill today and although it looks OK it adds a hell of a lot of noise to the fan which I can't cope with frown.gif Sounds like a jet engine spooling up!

There is no idea solution to my side panel fan, it doesn't like filters, the guard adds too much noise, without anything it looks unfinished...boo!

Were you using the Silverstone filters? I have them on my side panel with xigmatek fans and on my H100 with AP-00 (2150rpm) fans and I don't consider them crazy loud.
SimStation
(20 items)
 
HAF Brother
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8Z68-V/Gen 3 evga gtx 680 ftw + evga gtx 680 ftw + 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
corsair vengeance 2 x 4gb 1600 toshiba Q series 256gb Western Digital Caviar Black  lg 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
corsair h100 Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-00 Xigmatek XAF-F1255 windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Samsung t260hd Samsung t260 Samsung t260 Corsair HX 1050 
CaseAudioAudioAudio
corsair 600t harmon kardon hk395 Asus Xonar DGX Creative X-Fi Fatality 
  hide details  
Reply
SimStation
(20 items)
 
HAF Brother
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8Z68-V/Gen 3 evga gtx 680 ftw + evga gtx 680 ftw + 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
corsair vengeance 2 x 4gb 1600 toshiba Q series 256gb Western Digital Caviar Black  lg 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
corsair h100 Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-00 Xigmatek XAF-F1255 windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Samsung t260hd Samsung t260 Samsung t260 Corsair HX 1050 
CaseAudioAudioAudio
corsair 600t harmon kardon hk395 Asus Xonar DGX Creative X-Fi Fatality 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9167 of 18197
When adding a filter to the fan, temps go up by a considerable amount. I know it sounds mad but i've tried 3 different filters now and all resulted in higher temps.

Without the filter i get 67c max, with it i get 74c!

Sound isn't an issue with a filter but temperature is!
Intel Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Playstation 4
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.2v MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3T... Full custom watercooling loop Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer XB271HU  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Corsair 760T White Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Roccat Alumic Asus D2X Sound Card Bose Companion 5 Speakers NZXT Hue+ RGB Lighting  
Other
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Playstation 4
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.2v MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3T... Full custom watercooling loop Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer XB271HU  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Corsair 760T White Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Roccat Alumic Asus D2X Sound Card Bose Companion 5 Speakers NZXT Hue+ RGB Lighting  
Other
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9168 of 18197
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyPaperBag View Post

I use the H100 (note that I have a push/pull config) on my 3570K and my idle core temps (ambient is 22c) has an avrage of 29c, with a fixed voltage of 1.296 that also allows for my 4.8ghz oc (avrage 74c, max avrage 75,7c after just 6 min of prime but i does not get much higher). I am curious as to what your ambient temps are.

Just some validating pictures, for the sake of it smile.gif


Comparing just the idle temps is no good considering every chip is a little different, but the temprature deltas should be a valid comparison. My temprature delta at idle is 7c avrage, meaning my avrage core temp is 7c above my ambient temp at idle load. If you are in a hotter room with lets say 25c ambient, and you get 35c on avrage core temps that gives you a delta of 10c. which is close to what I get with my push/pull, and normal imo.

As to why your tempratures rose I have no idea. I have no experience with the mx4 but i have read that the stock paste on the H100 performes pretty good. Are you sure the ambient temp is the same though?

EDIT: Also if you are interrested in the push/pull setup i have, you are welcome to pm me or have a look at the pictures i have posted earlier and on my profile smile.gif
Thanks for your help dude thumb.gif My ambient temp is about 23c but can vary + or -1 Today I must say my idle temp has dropped a bit from yesterday so perhaps the paste needed some time to settle down. As I type my average idle temp is around 34-36 with a low of 31, that's the package temp according to hwmonitor, the actual cores are (lowest) 21, 29, 31, 27c

I would like some advice on oc'ing, atm ive been using the asus suite 2 software for a quick oc to 4.2ghz when needed but have decided to make it more permanent so I have to edit the multiplier and voltage in the bios and it should start with that oc every time? Im really a noob when it comes to oc'ing and don't have a clue as to what voltage I would need for a 4.2 oc. Atm, my stock cpu speed voltage is on 1.115v so would say 1.2v be enough/too much?

About the push/pull setup, I would like a push/pull but don't think its possible with my mobo and layout heres some pics, what do you reckon?
13050173.jpg

69450056.jpg

The cpu power is obviously a problem but may be able to bend it down under a fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervhamzz213 View Post

about the loud bang or pop you were referring to, it's the capacitor somewhere, i have an asrock z77 extreme4, and yeah i was watercooling wayback then and my aquasuite won't work. i had this aquasuite usb pump and it works but i just can't configure the pump's rpm because my usb port won't recognize it. i inversed the usb slot my capacitor exploded and couldn't turn my pc on. if i were you i would check my mobo for broken capacitors and resolder a new one, it's not that easy to solder a capacitor but it's a safe advice. you don't want messing everything up just because of a bad capacitor.

about the h100, screws maybe too tight or a bit loose not getting full contact on the cpu.

Thanks for your advice although I did check the caps and they seem alright so I think im safe, it must have been the plug. Definitely ordering one of these http://www.ebuyer.com/45266-belkin-superior-series-6-way-tel-fax-modem-protection-surgemaster-2m-cable-100-000-warranty-f9s620uk2m
Edited by RyReZar - 4/13/13 at 11:22am
Ghost Hawk
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600k Asus Z270G Strix ROG EVGA GTX 1070 FE Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS228H Alienware TactX Corsair AX860 Corsair Crystal 460X RGB  
MouseAudio
Alienware TactX Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Ghost Hawk
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600k Asus Z270G Strix ROG EVGA GTX 1070 FE Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS228H Alienware TactX Corsair AX860 Corsair Crystal 460X RGB  
MouseAudio
Alienware TactX Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9169 of 18197
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny1222 View Post

I'm in too. Gonna get me some blue. I never realized you could do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrael View Post

Yeah, I was thinking of getting the Bitfenix ones but now I'm certain. Can't wait.

The cables are of really nice quality but just some warning: they get really expensive the more cables you need. I think I paid somewhere around $160 CA for all of them but probably more. Beautiful cables but if I had had a Corsair PSU I would have just bought the replacement cables. The video card cables were the hardest to get since the red ones seem to be pretty much out of stock everywhere in Canada right now.
The Fortress
(17 items)
 
Black Mamba
(14 items)
 
The Black Pearl
(25 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 4130 Gigabyte B85M-D3H Sapphire HD6950 1GB 8 GB of Corsair Vengeance lp  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 8.1 64 Bit LG 24EN43VS-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K350 Seasonic G-Series 550W  Silverstone PS07B Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM200 Compact Harmon Kardon 2.1 Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fortress
(17 items)
 
Black Mamba
(14 items)
 
The Black Pearl
(25 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 4130 Gigabyte B85M-D3H Sapphire HD6950 1GB 8 GB of Corsair Vengeance lp  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 8.1 64 Bit LG 24EN43VS-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K350 Seasonic G-Series 550W  Silverstone PS07B Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM200 Compact Harmon Kardon 2.1 Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9170 of 18197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branish View Post


The cables are of really nice quality but just some warning: they get really expensive the more cables you need. I think I paid somewhere around $160 CA for all of them but probably more. Beautiful cables but if I had had a Corsair PSU I would have just bought the replacement cables. The video card cables were the hardest to get since the red ones seem to be pretty much out of stock everywhere in Canada right now.

I'm just getting this pack. I'm pretty sure the Corsair ones are more expensive, at least in the US.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Graphite Club [780T/760T/730T/600T/380T/230T]