New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shizzle Tang - Page 106

post #1051 of 1830
1) SMP would work fine with the v7 client also running.

2) Your CPU would see the decrease in performance. To negate that, you leave on free core for each AMD GPU (or, one free core for every 2 Fermi GPUs). So for one 5870, Fold on five cores, and for two 5870s, Fold on four cores.

3) No... if you have more than one 5870 in that rig, you're gonna have to PM me for more instructions.
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1052 of 1830
So I ran the client through the night and everything was fine but it seems that it is having a problem sending the unit out. It only did one and hasn't started on the next unit yet.
A secondary problem is that now my main rig refuses to boot. Not sure what caused it. I can get into safe mode and it almost makes it into windows then it just gives me a black screen. When I took out my 5870 from my main rig my sound card stopped working for some reason. Oh well, don't have time to mess with it before work.

If you can think of a way to send out my unit and get another let me know. I have remote access from my phone and should be able to mess with it from work.
MellaMonster
(14 items)
 
MellaWork
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Gigabyte 890FX UD5 Asus 5870 4GB MushkinRidgebacks 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1.5TB Black VRaptorx2 Raid 0 60OCZ Vertex EK Supreme Windows 7 x64bit 2xSamsung 23' 
PowerCase
Corsair 850HX HAF 932 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 Zotac 9800 Patriot 8GB 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1.5 Black + Green win7 650W Corsair MiniCase 
  hide details  
Reply
MellaMonster
(14 items)
 
MellaWork
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Gigabyte 890FX UD5 Asus 5870 4GB MushkinRidgebacks 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1.5TB Black VRaptorx2 Raid 0 60OCZ Vertex EK Supreme Windows 7 x64bit 2xSamsung 23' 
PowerCase
Corsair 850HX HAF 932 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 Zotac 9800 Patriot 8GB 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1.5 Black + Green win7 650W Corsair MiniCase 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1053 of 1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by de Cossatot View Post
So I ran the client through the night and everything was fine but it seems that it is having a problem sending the unit out. It only did one and hasn't started on the next unit yet.
A secondary problem is that now my main rig refuses to boot. Not sure what caused it. I can get into safe mode and it almost makes it into windows then it just gives me a black screen. When I took out my 5870 from my main rig my sound card stopped working for some reason. Oh well, don't have time to mess with it before work.

If you can think of a way to send out my unit and get another let me know. I have remote access from my phone and should be able to mess with it from work.
Can you post the F@H client log?

Try closing and reopening the client, is it not sending or receiving units?
Edited by ali7up - 9/1/11 at 5:58am
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-Z68XP-UD3 Diamond 7970 Ghz Ed. Samsung Extreme  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840EVO XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 Windows 7 HP x64 Samsung 2494SW 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung P2770HD 27" NZXT 1000W HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-Z68XP-UD3 Diamond 7970 Ghz Ed. Samsung Extreme  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840EVO XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 Windows 7 HP x64 Samsung 2494SW 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung P2770HD 27" NZXT 1000W HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1054 of 1830
You have to uninstall and then reinstall v7. This is a known glitch. Not sure if it will send out the client but it should start working properly. I have a feeling it's Windows Firewall that is creating the issue thinking that the file is malicious since it's automated but not being a pro in all things Windows, I can't definitively state that. Might take a couple times for it to work properly. Don't clear the folder either, if there is any chance to clear the problem you don't want to clear the folder.

Try re-seating the main card. I think it might have taken a slight bump when pulling the lower card out. Which could happen if they were one atop the other in the expansion slots. I've had this problem when I accidentally bumped into my GPU when installing my Network card. Stupid things are too small and they're only going to get smaller.

~Ceadder
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1055 of 1830
looks like the problem resolved itself. Looked at the log and it was not able to send it out. still looks like i am in x11 mode and not x16. Followed all tge instructions i thought to fix it. Pretty busy at work so i might not have much more time to mess with it till i get home.

I am gonna amp up my clocks a little and let it run until i get home. At least I hope it does!
MellaMonster
(14 items)
 
MellaWork
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Gigabyte 890FX UD5 Asus 5870 4GB MushkinRidgebacks 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1.5TB Black VRaptorx2 Raid 0 60OCZ Vertex EK Supreme Windows 7 x64bit 2xSamsung 23' 
PowerCase
Corsair 850HX HAF 932 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 Zotac 9800 Patriot 8GB 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1.5 Black + Green win7 650W Corsair MiniCase 
  hide details  
Reply
MellaMonster
(14 items)
 
MellaWork
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Gigabyte 890FX UD5 Asus 5870 4GB MushkinRidgebacks 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1.5TB Black VRaptorx2 Raid 0 60OCZ Vertex EK Supreme Windows 7 x64bit 2xSamsung 23' 
PowerCase
Corsair 850HX HAF 932 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 Zotac 9800 Patriot 8GB 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1.5 Black + Green win7 650W Corsair MiniCase 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1056 of 1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
You have to uninstall and then reinstall v7. This is a known glitch. Not sure if it will send out the client but it should start working properly. I have a feeling it's Windows Firewall that is creating the issue thinking that the file is malicious since it's automated but not being a pro in all things Windows, I can't definitively state that. Might take a couple times for it to work properly. Don't clear the folder either, if there is any chance to clear the problem you don't want to clear the folder.

Try re-seating the main card. I think it might have taken a slight bump when pulling the lower card out. Which could happen if they were one atop the other in the expansion slots. I've had this problem when I accidentally bumped into my GPU when installing my Network card. Stupid things are too small and they're only going to get smaller.

~Ceadder

Is the reinstall and install to get it sending? It looks like it is working now. Not sure about the other problem mentioned in the above post.

The video card works in my main rig. I see everything up until windows is logging into my desktop. This is where it freezes. It happened when I was trying to reseat my sound card because it wasn't working and when I tried to install the drivers it said it wasn't installed. Really not sure what happened. Maybe I can just get an old back uploaded or something. Safe mode works though.

Thanks again guys. Hopefully I can be an asset to the team. Gonna push that card hard. It will give me an excuse to stop spending money on the house we just got and finally upgrade again. I have been getting that bug real bad again!
MellaMonster
(14 items)
 
MellaWork
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Gigabyte 890FX UD5 Asus 5870 4GB MushkinRidgebacks 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1.5TB Black VRaptorx2 Raid 0 60OCZ Vertex EK Supreme Windows 7 x64bit 2xSamsung 23' 
PowerCase
Corsair 850HX HAF 932 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 Zotac 9800 Patriot 8GB 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1.5 Black + Green win7 650W Corsair MiniCase 
  hide details  
Reply
MellaMonster
(14 items)
 
MellaWork
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Gigabyte 890FX UD5 Asus 5870 4GB MushkinRidgebacks 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1.5TB Black VRaptorx2 Raid 0 60OCZ Vertex EK Supreme Windows 7 x64bit 2xSamsung 23' 
PowerCase
Corsair 850HX HAF 932 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 Zotac 9800 Patriot 8GB 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1.5 Black + Green win7 650W Corsair MiniCase 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1057 of 1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by de Cossatot View Post
Is the reinstall and install to get it sending? It looks like it is working now. Not sure about the other problem mentioned in the above post.

The video card works in my main rig. I see everything up until windows is logging into my desktop. This is where it freezes. It happened when I was trying to reseat my sound card because it wasn't working and when I tried to install the drivers it said it wasn't installed. Really not sure what happened. Maybe I can just get an old back uploaded or something. Safe mode works though.

Thanks again guys. Hopefully I can be an asset to the team. Gonna push that card hard. It will give me an excuse to stop spending money on the house we just got and finally upgrade again. I have been getting that bug real bad again!
If you are not getting the x16. Wait until the WU finishes, close the client and then go into the data folder and delete the core file/folder. When you open the client back up it will download the new x16 core.
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-Z68XP-UD3 Diamond 7970 Ghz Ed. Samsung Extreme  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840EVO XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 Windows 7 HP x64 Samsung 2494SW 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung P2770HD 27" NZXT 1000W HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-Z68XP-UD3 Diamond 7970 Ghz Ed. Samsung Extreme  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840EVO XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 Windows 7 HP x64 Samsung 2494SW 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung P2770HD 27" NZXT 1000W HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1058 of 1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali7up View Post
If you are not getting the x16. Wait until the WU finishes, close the client and then go into the data folder and delete the core file/folder. When you open the client back up it will download the new x16 core.

Will do. I guess I bumped the clocks a little to high. Comp must have crashed and can't log into team viewer right now. Might have to wait till I get home now
MellaMonster
(14 items)
 
MellaWork
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Gigabyte 890FX UD5 Asus 5870 4GB MushkinRidgebacks 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1.5TB Black VRaptorx2 Raid 0 60OCZ Vertex EK Supreme Windows 7 x64bit 2xSamsung 23' 
PowerCase
Corsair 850HX HAF 932 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 Zotac 9800 Patriot 8GB 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1.5 Black + Green win7 650W Corsair MiniCase 
  hide details  
Reply
MellaMonster
(14 items)
 
MellaWork
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Gigabyte 890FX UD5 Asus 5870 4GB MushkinRidgebacks 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1.5TB Black VRaptorx2 Raid 0 60OCZ Vertex EK Supreme Windows 7 x64bit 2xSamsung 23' 
PowerCase
Corsair 850HX HAF 932 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 EVGA P55 Zotac 9800 Patriot 8GB 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1.5 Black + Green win7 650W Corsair MiniCase 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1059 of 1830
Finishing folding now, came first in our league of amd folder this month. Hope the replacement serves you well. Good luck guys and thanks for having me in the team.
I may still hover around the page so that I can temp if needed when im back from uni.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz 24/7 Asus P8P67 Powercolor HD6870 PCS+ G.Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz (2 x 2gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 SSD 128GB Samsung Blu-ray reader Windows 7 pro 64bit Samsung 32" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech wireless NZXT Hale90 650W Raven 02-E logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz 24/7 Asus P8P67 Powercolor HD6870 PCS+ G.Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz (2 x 2gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 SSD 128GB Samsung Blu-ray reader Windows 7 pro 64bit Samsung 32" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech wireless NZXT Hale90 650W Raven 02-E logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1060 of 1830
Substitution made; thanks for the Folding Rob, and hope to have you back soon.

But for now, de Cossatot will be the AMD Folder here.
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
Megadoomer
(14 items)
 
Family Computer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.0Ghz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO Sparkle GTS 450 2x4GB G-Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F1 1TB CM Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung T220 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3000 Laser CM 1000M HAF 922 Logitech VX Revolution 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Asus PN5-D 750i Evga GTS 250 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Hitachi Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Professional x64 19" Dell 
PowerCase
Corsair 450VX Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Team Competition