New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shizzle Tang - Page 134

post #1331 of 1830
Thread Starter 
typhoon might be able to step in with his i7-875k?
 
x6 Folder
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8 w/ 1.31v watercooled Gigabyte z77x-UD3H Powercolor 290x w/ EK full cover G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz cl9 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128gb Samsung 830 + Seagate 4tb, Seagate 1tb, W... DVD RW Rasa loop w/ RX120 and RS240 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x 27" PCBANK 1440p, 1x 21" 1600x1200 Syncmaster Leopold 10keyless w/ red switches XFX 750w Black Edition CM Stacker 830 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 SteelSeries QCK Fiio E10 USB DAC+AMP | ATH-M50 | JVC HARX700 
  hide details  
Reply
 
x6 Folder
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8 w/ 1.31v watercooled Gigabyte z77x-UD3H Powercolor 290x w/ EK full cover G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz cl9 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128gb Samsung 830 + Seagate 4tb, Seagate 1tb, W... DVD RW Rasa loop w/ RX120 and RS240 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x 27" PCBANK 1440p, 1x 21" 1600x1200 Syncmaster Leopold 10keyless w/ red switches XFX 750w Black Edition CM Stacker 830 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 SteelSeries QCK Fiio E10 USB DAC+AMP | ATH-M50 | JVC HARX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1332 of 1830
i can only step in the i7-2 (bigadv)

EDIT: well i am getting a i5 2550k though tongue.gif dont know if it can handle those 03's and 04's
Edited by [T]yphoon - 4/9/12 at 2:06am
post #1333 of 1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWG View Post

xPwn is down again. zero's over the last 2 days, but consistently folding before that.

I think you guys should make some changes. No one is folding 6903/6904 on this team. Both of your i7's are folding less points than your X6 is on SMP. Do you need some help optimizing your i7's? ali7up, why are you not folding hugeadv? You should be tearing it up in i7-1 with that chip! Are you folding your 920 right now instead of your 970?


I did PM xpwn and i'm waiting to hear back. How would i run hudeadv under windows 7(vmware?) or can use Foldix since i have 4 gtx 460s folding on that machine also.

EDIT: I agree we should be doing better.
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-Z68XP-UD3 Diamond 7970 Ghz Ed. Samsung Extreme  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840EVO XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 Windows 7 HP x64 Samsung 2494SW 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung P2770HD 27" NZXT 1000W HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-Z68XP-UD3 Diamond 7970 Ghz Ed. Samsung Extreme  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840EVO XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 Windows 7 HP x64 Samsung 2494SW 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung P2770HD 27" NZXT 1000W HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1334 of 1830
If you wanna fold BA under Windows and be able to harness all the power of the 970, Virtual Box can handle all your threads in one VM. This is a slimmed down folding distro based on Slackware: http://www.linuxforge.net/docs/crunching/fah-virtualbox.php It's just a compressed folder that you uncompress and open with VBox. How much CPU do the4x460 take up?
Frigg d.y.
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K@4600MHz 1.288V ASUS P8Z68-V EVGA Geforce GTX780Ti@1293MHz 2x4GB G.Skill TrindentX 2400 CL10@2133 CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Force F60 2.5" SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB 2.5" SSD EK-Supremacy CSQ Full Nickel EK-FC Titan Nickel CSQ 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool VPP655 w/ EK D5 X-Top Rev.2 EK-Coolstream Rad XTX 360 & XSPC RS240 Phobya Balancer 150 Reservoir 3xScythe GT AP-15@7V, 2xNexus Real Silent 120mm... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Linux Mint 16 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit Qix Qx2710LED Evolution II 2560x1440 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Keycool 84 w/ Cherry MX Clear  Enermax Platimax 1500W NZXT H630 Func MS3 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Qpad Sweclockers Edition BRIK DAC & AMP Ducky DK9008G2 Pro w/ Cherry MX Clear  
  hide details  
Reply
Frigg d.y.
(23 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K@4600MHz 1.288V ASUS P8Z68-V EVGA Geforce GTX780Ti@1293MHz 2x4GB G.Skill TrindentX 2400 CL10@2133 CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Force F60 2.5" SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB 2.5" SSD EK-Supremacy CSQ Full Nickel EK-FC Titan Nickel CSQ 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool VPP655 w/ EK D5 X-Top Rev.2 EK-Coolstream Rad XTX 360 & XSPC RS240 Phobya Balancer 150 Reservoir 3xScythe GT AP-15@7V, 2xNexus Real Silent 120mm... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Linux Mint 16 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit Qix Qx2710LED Evolution II 2560x1440 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Keycool 84 w/ Cherry MX Clear  Enermax Platimax 1500W NZXT H630 Func MS3 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Qpad Sweclockers Edition BRIK DAC & AMP Ducky DK9008G2 Pro w/ Cherry MX Clear  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1335 of 1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali7up View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWG View Post

xPwn is down again. zero's over the last 2 days, but consistently folding before that.

I think you guys should make some changes. No one is folding 6903/6904 on this team. Both of your i7's are folding less points than your X6 is on SMP. Do you need some help optimizing your i7's? ali7up, why are you not folding hugeadv? You should be tearing it up in i7-1 with that chip! Are you folding your 920 right now instead of your 970?


I did PM xpwn and i'm waiting to hear back. How would i run hudeadv under windows 7(vmware?) or can use Foldix since i have 4 gtx 460s folding on that machine also.

EDIT: I agree we should be doing better.
i dont think you can do hugeadv on that 920 @ 4Ghz
but use VMWARE 3.0 and install Ubuntu and a corehack

but what happend with ur 970?
post #1336 of 1830

I am so glad I posted about this! biggrin.gif

 

ali7up, you can as long as you are folding the i7-970 and not the i7-920. I asked about that at the end of my message, but maybe you did not see it. JedixJarf is working on a proper hugeadv VM guide for these 6 core 12 thread chips, but has not finished it just yet. I am surprised you have not folded any. 

 

  1. Enable Virtualization Technology in your bios. (Required to run a VM)
  2. Install Virtual Box by Oracle
  3. When you setup a new VM, there should be a CPU option that allows you to set it to use 12 cores. Pick that. Also, pick a bridged networking connection. 2GB of Memory is plenty of RAM to dedicate to the machine for this. System managed Hard Drive size is good too.
  4. Download Ubuntu 10.10 64 Bit to use as your OS in VB
  5. VB should have an option that allows you to install the OS from an image file, but I have never used VB. You must use VB because it is one of the only free VM's that allows you to use all 12 threads.
  6. Follow this guide to install Ubuntu onto the Virtual Machine. Here are a few important things you will need to change or do: A: Read everything Digigami writes and use the noob guide with pictures. B: Please use ext3 and not ext4 like Digigami suggests. C: Always use the -smp 12 flag. D: Skip langouste if your internet connection is decent (cable/mid to high dsl) E: Do not install the corehack script because you do not need it. You already have 12 threads/cores.

 

Let me know if you need help.

 

tismon: Honestly, your PPD is fine on the 920. The 970/980/990 hexacores are supposed to make up for your older 9xx 8 core/thread chip. ali7up could dominate the i7-1 category with a nice oc and a Native Linux install, but not everybody can do the Native Install. Still, he will do great if he starts doing 6903/6904! Also, if you are down because of that error and need a temp, that is fine. There is an issue though. When you have a Hexacore (12 core) as your i7-1, I do not allow a 2600k in the i7-2. So, a proper temp would need a 920-960 chip. ali7up appears to have a 2nd i7 which is a 920. I do allow subbing on a temp basis by someone on your team, so if ali7up would like to fold his 920 while you figure out the problem, you can do that. Just ask ali7up if he would like to do that, or if he would prefer to find a temp. Ali7up, PM me with your decision so I can help you find a temp, or give you instructions to sub your 2nd i7 920.

 

Lastly, your 2500k/X6 folder klaxian should open dialogue with G3RG to try and get more out of his chip. His clocks appear to be high enough to fold 6900/6901/6903 and maybe 6904. G3RG knows X6 and can help try and increase his production beyond his wildest dreams. Some X6's are capable of producing over 1.5 million points per month!

 
HDPC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Asus Prime X370-Pro MSI Hawk Ek GTX 1070 MSI Hawk Ek GTX 1070 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA DDR4 3200 Kingston SSDNow 120GB WD Green 2TB WD Black 2 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung DVDR Ek Supremacy Evo Blue Edition XSPC RX360 Radiator Swiftech MCP 655b 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir Windows 10 e-Machine 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
OCN Ducky DK9008 G2 Keyboard PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W Antec Lanboy Air Logitech G400s 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus Sabertooth P67 EVGA GTX 770 G.Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Kingston SSDNow 120GB XSPC Rasa Acetal XSPC Pump/Res  Ek GTX 770 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Vizio 58" 4k Logitec Wireless Coolmax 600w 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitec Wireless Realtor HD Audio  
  hide details  
Reply
 
HDPC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Asus Prime X370-Pro MSI Hawk Ek GTX 1070 MSI Hawk Ek GTX 1070 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA DDR4 3200 Kingston SSDNow 120GB WD Green 2TB WD Black 2 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung DVDR Ek Supremacy Evo Blue Edition XSPC RX360 Radiator Swiftech MCP 655b 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir Windows 10 e-Machine 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
OCN Ducky DK9008 G2 Keyboard PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W Antec Lanboy Air Logitech G400s 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus Sabertooth P67 EVGA GTX 770 G.Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Kingston SSDNow 120GB XSPC Rasa Acetal XSPC Pump/Res  Ek GTX 770 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Vizio 58" 4k Logitec Wireless Coolmax 600w 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitec Wireless Realtor HD Audio  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1337 of 1830
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidab View Post

If you wanna fold BA under Windows and be able to harness all the power of the 970, Virtual Box can handle all your threads in one VM. This is a slimmed down folding distro based on Slackware: http://www.linuxforge.net/docs/crunching/fah-virtualbox.php It's just a compressed folder that you uncompress and open with VBox. How much CPU do the4x460 take up?

This is all correct thumb.gif Except I prefer this guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/1021155/ubuntu-a-linux-n00bs-guide-to-running-bigadv-and-big-bigadv-on-x6-and-2500k/0_30

It takes you through the steps of a native installation though, but it's exactly the same concept as a VM. You'll just need to download VMware 3.0. Make sure it's not a newer version!.


Tismon can do this also (you'll only be allowed to hack to 10 cores for 6900 and 6901's but that's still a massive boost in ppd) if he's still folding atm.



P.S. Get in IRC. biggrin.gif PM me if you need help with that. We'll be able to walk you through anything via IRC thumb.gif

P.S. Ali7up can you put your 460's in your server instead of the 970? They'll make a dent (idk how much) in your ppd...
Edited by G3RG - 4/9/12 at 12:02pm
 
x6 Folder
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8 w/ 1.31v watercooled Gigabyte z77x-UD3H Powercolor 290x w/ EK full cover G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz cl9 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128gb Samsung 830 + Seagate 4tb, Seagate 1tb, W... DVD RW Rasa loop w/ RX120 and RS240 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x 27" PCBANK 1440p, 1x 21" 1600x1200 Syncmaster Leopold 10keyless w/ red switches XFX 750w Black Edition CM Stacker 830 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 SteelSeries QCK Fiio E10 USB DAC+AMP | ATH-M50 | JVC HARX700 
  hide details  
Reply
 
x6 Folder
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8 w/ 1.31v watercooled Gigabyte z77x-UD3H Powercolor 290x w/ EK full cover G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz cl9 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128gb Samsung 830 + Seagate 4tb, Seagate 1tb, W... DVD RW Rasa loop w/ RX120 and RS240 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x 27" PCBANK 1440p, 1x 21" 1600x1200 Syncmaster Leopold 10keyless w/ red switches XFX 750w Black Edition CM Stacker 830 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 SteelSeries QCK Fiio E10 USB DAC+AMP | ATH-M50 | JVC HARX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1338 of 1830
yeah, get on IRC!!!

EDIT: click on this link http://webchat.freenode.net/ fill in your nickname and for channel fill in: #37726
and then fill in the captcha
Edited by [T]yphoon - 4/9/12 at 12:14pm
post #1339 of 1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWG View Post

I am so glad I posted about this! biggrin.gif

ali7up, you can as long as you are folding the i7-970 and not the i7-920. I asked about that at the end of my message, but maybe you did not see it. JedixJarf is working on a proper hugeadv VM guide for these 6 core 12 thread chips, but has not finished it just yet. I am surprised you have not folded any. 
  1. Enable Virtualization Technology in your bios. (Required to run a VM)
  2. Install Virtual Box by Oracle
  3. When you setup a new VM, there should be a CPU option that allows you to set it to use 12 cores. Pick that. Also, pick a bridged networking connection. 2GB of Memory is plenty of RAM to dedicate to the machine for this. System managed Hard Drive size is good too.
  4. Download Ubuntu 10.10 64 Bit to use as your OS in VB
  5. VB should have an option that allows you to install the OS from an image file, but I have never used VB. You must use VB because it is one of the only free VM's that allows you to use all 12 threads.
  6. Follow this guide to install Ubuntu onto the Virtual Machine. Here are a few important things you will need to change or do: A: Read everything Digigami writes and use the noob guide with pictures. B: Please use ext3 and not ext4 like Digigami suggests. C: Always use the -smp 12 flag. D: Skip langouste if your internet connection is decent (cable/mid to high dsl) E: Do not install the corehack script because you do not need it. You already have 12 threads/cores.

Let me know if you need help.

tismon: Honestly, your PPD is fine on the 920. The 970/980/990 hexacores are supposed to make up for your older 9xx 8 core/thread chip. ali7up could dominate the i7-1 category with a nice oc and a Native Linux install, but not everybody can do the Native Install. Still, he will do great if he starts doing 6903/6904! Also, if you are down because of that error and need a temp, that is fine. There is an issue though. When you have a Hexacore (12 core) as your i7-1, I do not allow a 2600k in the i7-2. So, a proper temp would need a 920-960 chip. ali7up appears to have a 2nd i7 which is a 920. I do allow subbing on a temp basis by someone on your team, so if ali7up would like to fold his 920 while you figure out the problem, you can do that. Just ask ali7up if he would like to do that, or if he would prefer to find a temp. Ali7up, PM me with your decision so I can help you find a temp, or give you instructions to sub your 2nd i7 920.

Lastly, your 2500k/X6 folder klaxian should open dialogue with G3RG to try and get more out of his chip. His clocks appear to be high enough to fold 6900/6901/6903 and maybe 6904. G3RG knows X6 and can help try and increase his production beyond his wildest dreams. Some X6's are capable of producing over 1.5 million points per month!

Just finished and start folding 12 Cores detected.. I still got a 7155 WU. I can sub for tismon, thats not a problem. Still haven't heard back from xPwn yet.
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-Z68XP-UD3 Diamond 7970 Ghz Ed. Samsung Extreme  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840EVO XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 Windows 7 HP x64 Samsung 2494SW 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung P2770HD 27" NZXT 1000W HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K GA-Z68XP-UD3 Diamond 7970 Ghz Ed. Samsung Extreme  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840EVO XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 Windows 7 HP x64 Samsung 2494SW 24" 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung P2770HD 27" NZXT 1000W HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1340 of 1830

Something is wrong. You should only get 6900/6901/6903/6904

 

Did you use the -bigadv flag?

 
HDPC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Asus Prime X370-Pro MSI Hawk Ek GTX 1070 MSI Hawk Ek GTX 1070 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA DDR4 3200 Kingston SSDNow 120GB WD Green 2TB WD Black 2 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung DVDR Ek Supremacy Evo Blue Edition XSPC RX360 Radiator Swiftech MCP 655b 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir Windows 10 e-Machine 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
OCN Ducky DK9008 G2 Keyboard PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W Antec Lanboy Air Logitech G400s 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus Sabertooth P67 EVGA GTX 770 G.Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Kingston SSDNow 120GB XSPC Rasa Acetal XSPC Pump/Res  Ek GTX 770 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Vizio 58" 4k Logitec Wireless Coolmax 600w 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitec Wireless Realtor HD Audio  
  hide details  
Reply
 
HDPC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Asus Prime X370-Pro MSI Hawk Ek GTX 1070 MSI Hawk Ek GTX 1070 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA DDR4 3200 Kingston SSDNow 120GB WD Green 2TB WD Black 2 TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung DVDR Ek Supremacy Evo Blue Edition XSPC RX360 Radiator Swiftech MCP 655b 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir Windows 10 e-Machine 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
OCN Ducky DK9008 G2 Keyboard PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W Antec Lanboy Air Logitech G400s 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus Sabertooth P67 EVGA GTX 770 G.Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Kingston SSDNow 120GB XSPC Rasa Acetal XSPC Pump/Res  Ek GTX 770 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Vizio 58" 4k Logitec Wireless Coolmax 600w 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitec Wireless Realtor HD Audio  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Team Competition