Ive been playing around with these amazing things for a while now and have never been able to get descent temps. I have had a chiller on the go and failed and it all came down to my dog hair problem clogging up the water block!!
I recieved some extra cold plates from silverprop so I could give it another go as the one I was using was too small and was round which was a hassle.
These new plates seem to do the job because I am getting load temps with my little OC of only 11C. This is on the opty 144 and the DFI LP NF3 board, I havent prepped the new rig for the use of pelts yet.
It is also with a 226 Watt TEC which has proven in the past to not be able to keep up with the heat generated by current CPU's. Power is by a modded standard ATX PSU with only 16 AMPS on the 12V rail. I tried it with a 25 amp PSU I have and was overkill and the pelt couldn't take it.
Arctic Ceramique is doing the part of clamping it together with minimal surface area not being used. The first time I put it together I used a very small amount and was getting load of 30C+ and was not happy so added a lot more and it seemed to come good
There goes the theory of using minimal for me!!
I have a 437 Watt TEC from Frozen CPU which I am yet to get organised as it is a bigger diameter peltier so I will have to accomodate that soon and also power it.
As you can see the condensation is getting a little out of hand and is a little worry for the moment but have just sprayed a lot of silicone on the mobo so if it gets wet all will be OK (fingers crossed)
This would not have been possible if it wasnt for xie67 for his contribution, support and the excellent radiator he provided me with.
and also Pinhead-227 for inspiration and putting me onto Frozen CPU
Here is a couple of pics, one of the problem condensation getting out of hand and the other of my designated area where I do this sort of playing around.
There will be updates of my progress with the 437 watter soon
(should really get to some serious overclocking)