Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 1004

post #10031 of 16135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoxy View Post

Haha thanks. The OCN water cooling geeks had me convinced that anything less wouldn't be sufficient for my over clocked 780s and 3570k. And I plan on flashing a custom BIOS on the 780s so it will be nice to have the extra cooling capacity.

I keep 7990+7970(450W and 400W) and FX 9590 (220W) under 51C all times(under full load Crysis 3 or BF4) with 2x240 and 1x120 Radiators. What pump and res are you throwing into your loop.I would highly suggest something built around the Laing D-5 has the highest out put from what I read.I have one in my loop can hardly tell its there. A little more expensive then most but keeps the water moving.
post #10032 of 16135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jflisk View Post

I keep 7990+7970(450W and 400W) and FX 9590 (220W) under 51C all times(under full load Crysis 3 or BF4) with 2x240 and 1x120 Radiators. What pump and res are you throwing into your loop.I would highly suggest something built around the Laing D-5 has the highest out put from what I read.I have one in my loop can hardly tell its there. A little more expensive then most but keeps the water moving.

Yeah I'd like it to be as silent as possible so the more rad the better. The Monsta should help a bit too up front.

My pump is the MCP655-Drive from Swiftech, with an XSPC tank res. It seems to be a highly regarded pump so I think I'm good to go there.
December
(26 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC EVGA GTX 780 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB Sandisk Extreme SSD 120GB XSPC RX360 V3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Titan SE Acetal/Copper blocks EK Titan SE backplates Primochill Advanced LRT (clear) Aquacomputer Aqualis 880ml 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Comp. Fittings (Black) Lamptron CW611 36W - 6 Channel Fan Controller Swiftech MCP-655-PWM-DRIVE pump EK Terminal Block - Dual Parallel 3-Slot 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 V3 EK Supremacy Nickel Windows 8 Pro Dell U3014 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Browns) Corsair AX1200i Caselabs SM8 Razer Deathadder 2013 
AudioAudio
Audio GD NFB 12.1 DAC/Amp Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
December
(26 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC EVGA GTX 780 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB Sandisk Extreme SSD 120GB XSPC RX360 V3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Titan SE Acetal/Copper blocks EK Titan SE backplates Primochill Advanced LRT (clear) Aquacomputer Aqualis 880ml 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Comp. Fittings (Black) Lamptron CW611 36W - 6 Channel Fan Controller Swiftech MCP-655-PWM-DRIVE pump EK Terminal Block - Dual Parallel 3-Slot 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 V3 EK Supremacy Nickel Windows 8 Pro Dell U3014 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Browns) Corsair AX1200i Caselabs SM8 Razer Deathadder 2013 
AudioAudio
Audio GD NFB 12.1 DAC/Amp Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10033 of 16135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoxy View Post

Haha thanks. The OCN water cooling geeks had me convinced that anything less wouldn't be sufficient for my over clocked 780s and 3570k. And I plan on flashing a custom BIOS on the 780s so it will be nice to have the extra cooling capacity.


Anoxy what does your side door look like on your case is it the standard black metal one 140mm hole. I took mine and added 4 extra 120MM fan holes to it. 2 on the bottom for retro fitted radiator fans(my R1 define XL has the old split level design) and 2 at the top below my upper radiator for cold air intake directly into the radiators you might want to consider it or keep it in mind. I cut 6C off by adding them.Also added silverstone filters to keep the dust out and to cover any imperfections from the drilling of the holes. Thanks
post #10034 of 16135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jflisk View Post

Anoxy what does your side door look like on your case is it the standard black metal one 140mm hole. I took mine and added 4 extra 120MM fan holes to it. 2 on the bottom for retro fitted radiator fans(my R1 define XL has the old split level design) and 2 at the top below my upper radiator for cold air intake directly into the radiators you might want to consider it or keep it in mind. I cut 6C off by adding them.Also added silverstone filters to keep the dust out and to cover any imperfections from the drilling of the holes. Thanks
No, I have the smoked window panel. Are you saying you fitted fans to the outside of the panel or the inside?

I have both of my rads set to intake, so I don't think they would benefit from intake fans blowing more air at them. I didn't have any dust problems before with this fan configuration, but the Arc Midi is pretty well covered with filters....though I have read about people increasing performance by removing the stock foam filters and replacing them with steel mesh instead. Might look into that later.
December
(26 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC EVGA GTX 780 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB Sandisk Extreme SSD 120GB XSPC RX360 V3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Titan SE Acetal/Copper blocks EK Titan SE backplates Primochill Advanced LRT (clear) Aquacomputer Aqualis 880ml 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Comp. Fittings (Black) Lamptron CW611 36W - 6 Channel Fan Controller Swiftech MCP-655-PWM-DRIVE pump EK Terminal Block - Dual Parallel 3-Slot 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 V3 EK Supremacy Nickel Windows 8 Pro Dell U3014 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Browns) Corsair AX1200i Caselabs SM8 Razer Deathadder 2013 
AudioAudio
Audio GD NFB 12.1 DAC/Amp Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
December
(26 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC EVGA GTX 780 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB Sandisk Extreme SSD 120GB XSPC RX360 V3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Titan SE Acetal/Copper blocks EK Titan SE backplates Primochill Advanced LRT (clear) Aquacomputer Aqualis 880ml 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Comp. Fittings (Black) Lamptron CW611 36W - 6 Channel Fan Controller Swiftech MCP-655-PWM-DRIVE pump EK Terminal Block - Dual Parallel 3-Slot 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 V3 EK Supremacy Nickel Windows 8 Pro Dell U3014 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Browns) Corsair AX1200i Caselabs SM8 Razer Deathadder 2013 
AudioAudio
Audio GD NFB 12.1 DAC/Amp Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10035 of 16135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoxy View Post

No, I have the smoked window panel. Are you saying you fitted fans to the outside of the panel or the inside?

I have both of my rads set to intake, so I don't think they would benefit from intake fans blowing more air at them. I didn't have any dust problems before with this fan configuration, but the Arc Midi is pretty well covered with filters....though I have read about people increasing performance by removing the stock foam filters and replacing them with steel mesh instead. Might look into that later.

You can see where my bottom radiator and Fans are. I had to Drill fan holes for the fans and radiator.

post #10036 of 16135
Where can I can a proprietary aftermarket USB 3 front panel cable for an ARC MIDI?
post #10037 of 16135
Received my Define R4 Titanium today biggrin.gif

post #10038 of 16135
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker2501 View Post

Where can I can a proprietary aftermarket USB 3 front panel cable for an ARC MIDI?


You can search on Frozen CPU. Not sure what the cable looks like but they might have something for you.

http://www.frozencpu.com/
post #10039 of 16135
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulgarDisplay88 View Post

Nope.

The Arc Midi is roughly the same size as the Define R4.

The Arc Mini is roughly the same size as the Define Mini.

As far as I know they don't make a windowed panel that fit's the Mini series.

Except the Mini R2 but I don't think that is sold separately.

Ok I emailed Fractal Design about this. The Mini R2 fits the define and very soon it will be sold separately on their webstore in the spare parts section

So those who have a Design Define Mini can have a window without using a dremel drum.gif

https://support.fractal-design.com/support/solutions/articles/143046-are-the-windowed-side-panels-for-the-arc-series-cases-and-the-define-series-cases-interchangeable-
Edited by Pip Boy - 11/29/13 at 7:23am
post #10040 of 16135
I'm loving this case thumb.gif



Build Log in my sig

I need your help guys ..this build is almost completed except I lost two plastic covers redface.gif ,anyone knows where I can get the replacement ??

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club