Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 1041

post #10401 of 15930
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphon View Post

Put the link where the example says: http://google.com
Put whatever text you want it to display where the example says: Visit Google!

Thanks man. I did it. Woohoo!
post #10402 of 15930
Your build log now points to this club.
post #10403 of 15930
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbackermk View Post

Your build log now points to this club.

doh.gif
post #10404 of 15930
That is weird. I fixed it. I don't understand how that happened because I used my thread link for the signature. Oh well, all fixed now:thumb:
Edited by hero1 - 1/6/14 at 2:49pm
post #10405 of 15930
Ok, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on H20 cooling for Arc Midi R2 with a 3770k and SLi Titans. Here is my plan. What do you all think?



I'm looking at the XSPC AX240 Kit for $250 here at FrozenCPU. I will put it at the top of my case.

EX280mm Rad at the front with 140mm fans in push pull. I have to cut corners somewhere, so for the meantime my fans will be 140mm Corsiar AF140s in push, and the stock Fractal 140mm fans in PULL. I know they are not the best fans, but I'll upgrade them later.

I already have 2 XSPC Titan Blocks, so I'm good there.

I'll need to remove the little HDD bracket that holds the HDD cage underneath the 5.25" bay, other than that, will I have any trouble with a 280mm RAD in the front?

Appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks


Edited by valkeriefire - 1/8/14 at 12:20pm
 
Mac Mini 2012
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700k 5ghz@1.36v Asrock Z170 Gaming ITX Fatality MSI GTX 1080 Aero OC with Artic Accelero III GSkill 3000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Plextor NVMe 1TB MP8E SSD CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm  Windows 10 Dell S2417DG GSYNC 24" 2560x1440 165hz  
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Corsair SFX450 Ncase M1 Asus Xonar U2 ATH-AD700 Headphones 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-3615qm @ 2.3 - 3.3ghz Intel HD4000 8GB Kingston 1600 Crucial MX100 512 Fusion'd to a 500GB Seagate H... 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Hybrid 500GB OS X 10.9 Apple Cinema Display 27" 2560x1440 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k@4.5 1.25v Gigabyte GA-Z87N-Wifi EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX Samsung 1600 2x4 @ 2133 10,10,10,28,T1 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 256gb SSD OS X Crucial MX200 512GB Windows Corsair H105 Windows 8.1 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks Dell S2417DG Gsync TN Coolermaster Quickfire TK Mechanical Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Prodigy ITX Logitech G502 Asus U3 USB  Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Mac Mini 2012
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700k 5ghz@1.36v Asrock Z170 Gaming ITX Fatality MSI GTX 1080 Aero OC with Artic Accelero III GSkill 3000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Plextor NVMe 1TB MP8E SSD CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm  Windows 10 Dell S2417DG GSYNC 24" 2560x1440 165hz  
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Corsair SFX450 Ncase M1 Asus Xonar U2 ATH-AD700 Headphones 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-3615qm @ 2.3 - 3.3ghz Intel HD4000 8GB Kingston 1600 Crucial MX100 512 Fusion'd to a 500GB Seagate H... 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Hybrid 500GB OS X 10.9 Apple Cinema Display 27" 2560x1440 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k@4.5 1.25v Gigabyte GA-Z87N-Wifi EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX Samsung 1600 2x4 @ 2133 10,10,10,28,T1 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 256gb SSD OS X Crucial MX200 512GB Windows Corsair H105 Windows 8.1 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks Dell S2417DG Gsync TN Coolermaster Quickfire TK Mechanical Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Prodigy ITX Logitech G502 Asus U3 USB  Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10406 of 15930
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkeriefire View Post

Ok, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on H20 cooling for Arc Midi R2 with a 3770k and SLi Titans. Here is my plan. What do you all think?



I'm looking at the XSPC AX240 Kit for $250 here at FrozenCPU. I will put it at the top of my case.

EX280mm Rad at the front with 140mm fans in push pull. I have to cut corners somewhere, so for the meantime my fans will be 140mm Corsiar AF140s in push, and the stock Fractal 140mm fans in PULL. I know they are not the best fans, but I'll upgrade them later.

I already have 2 XSPC Titan Blocks, so I'm good there.

I'll need to remove the little HDD bracket that holds the HDD cage underneath the 5.25" bay, other than that, will I have any trouble with a 280mm RAD in the front?

Appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks


The 280 in the front should be ok.

My only concern for you is the location of the bottom HDD cage. Which PSU are you using? If it is longer than like 180mm (including room for cables, so the chassis should be 160mm or less) then you probably will not be able to fit the HDD cage in that location. Since you are putting two titans in there, I will go ahead and assume that you are looking for a higher wattage PSU and will likely have issues with the length and the HDD drive.

I'd suggest going all SSD or getting a 5.25" adapter to put a 3.25" drive in and pair with an SSD. The remove the HDD cage and go with a thick rad (like a UT60 or an Monsta) in the front.
Edited by cyphon - 1/8/14 at 12:57pm
post #10407 of 15930
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkeriefire View Post

Ok, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on H20 cooling for Arc Midi R2 with a 3770k and SLi Titans. Here is my plan. What do you all think?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I'm looking at the XSPC AX240 Kit for $250 here at FrozenCPU. I will put it at the top of my case.

EX280mm Rad at the front with 140mm fans in push pull. I have to cut corners somewhere, so for the meantime my fans will be 140mm Corsiar AF140s in push, and the stock Fractal 140mm fans in PULL. I know they are not the best fans, but I'll upgrade them later.

I already have 2 XSPC Titan Blocks, so I'm good there.

I'll need to remove the little HDD bracket that holds the HDD cage underneath the 5.25" bay, other than that, will I have any trouble with a 280mm RAD in the front?

Appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks


Issue with the drive cage will block the cables on most PSU.
The AX240 is 16fpi which is in the middle, but higher than I like, as you want to have stronger SP fans on it.
I prefer 10fpi or under, as you can use lower speed fans to get the results you want without the extra noise. Plus you have more selection off fans to be used.
I would go with a thick rad up front with single fan instead of slim P/P
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10408 of 15930
I would see if I can fit a 120mm fan in the back doing intake. Use the top fans in push to exhaust the case. You may also need some kind of fan on your northbridge. Depends on the motherboard once you put them under water the NB usually heats up.

I use the antec spot cool for the northbridge its cheap and works.

there out of stock at newegg but at least you get the idea

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209017
post #10409 of 15930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jflisk View Post

I would see if I can fit a 120mm fan in the back doing intake. Use the top fans in push to exhaust the case. You may also need some kind of fan on your northbridge. Depends on the motherboard once you put them under water the NB usually heats up.

I use the antec spot cool for the northbridge its cheap and works.

there out of stock at newegg but at least you get the idea

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209017

No, rad fans should be intake as the air outside the case is cooler than inside, thus they will perform slightly better with cooler air being forced through them.
Most Intel NB are fine with stock heat sinks. AMD NB are usually better to be under water. I would run without the NB and then add a block if it is a problem
post #10410 of 15930
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphon View Post

The 280 in the front should be ok.

My only concern for you is the location of the bottom HDD cage. Which PSU are you using? If it is longer than like 180mm (including room for cables, so the chassis should be 160mm or less) then you probably will not be able to fit the HDD cage in that location. Since you are putting two titans in there, I will go ahead and assume that you are looking for a higher wattage PSU and will likely have issues with the length and the HDD drive.

I'd suggest going all SSD or getting a 5.25" adapter to put a 3.25" drive in and pair with an SSD. The remove the HDD cage and go with a thick rad (like a UT60 or an Monsta) in the front.

Good point on the drive cage, I don't think it will fit under the Titan block anyway, and I don't need it. I already have a Silverstone 5.25 adapter that fits 2x 2.5" and 1 3.5". I could put my 2 SSDs on the back of the MB tray (I left them in the silverstone), and then put the rest of my drives in the silverstone adapter. Then I could ditch the HDD cage entirely.

My PSU is a 160mm X750, but need to upgrade to a 850w or 1000w, so I could use the extra space anyway. My Titans are kicking my poor X750 around, I've had it reset several times.

I like your idea of the Monsta or UT60. Are those really better? I assume they should be since they have almost 2x the surface area. Will my AF140s work with them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

Issue with the drive cage will block the cables on most PSU.
The AX240 is 16fpi which is in the middle, but higher than I like, as you want to have stronger SP fans on it.
I prefer 10fpi or under, as you can use lower speed fans to get the results you want without the extra noise. Plus you have more selection off fans to be used.
I would go with a thick rad up front with single fan instead of slim P/P

Good points. I just like the kit that the AX240 comes with.



+Rep to everyone.
 
Mac Mini 2012
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700k 5ghz@1.36v Asrock Z170 Gaming ITX Fatality MSI GTX 1080 Aero OC with Artic Accelero III GSkill 3000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Plextor NVMe 1TB MP8E SSD CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm  Windows 10 Dell S2417DG GSYNC 24" 2560x1440 165hz  
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Corsair SFX450 Ncase M1 Asus Xonar U2 ATH-AD700 Headphones 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-3615qm @ 2.3 - 3.3ghz Intel HD4000 8GB Kingston 1600 Crucial MX100 512 Fusion'd to a 500GB Seagate H... 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Hybrid 500GB OS X 10.9 Apple Cinema Display 27" 2560x1440 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k@4.5 1.25v Gigabyte GA-Z87N-Wifi EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX Samsung 1600 2x4 @ 2133 10,10,10,28,T1 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 256gb SSD OS X Crucial MX200 512GB Windows Corsair H105 Windows 8.1 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks Dell S2417DG Gsync TN Coolermaster Quickfire TK Mechanical Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Prodigy ITX Logitech G502 Asus U3 USB  Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Mac Mini 2012
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700k 5ghz@1.36v Asrock Z170 Gaming ITX Fatality MSI GTX 1080 Aero OC with Artic Accelero III GSkill 3000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Plextor NVMe 1TB MP8E SSD CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm  Windows 10 Dell S2417DG GSYNC 24" 2560x1440 165hz  
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Corsair SFX450 Ncase M1 Asus Xonar U2 ATH-AD700 Headphones 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-3615qm @ 2.3 - 3.3ghz Intel HD4000 8GB Kingston 1600 Crucial MX100 512 Fusion'd to a 500GB Seagate H... 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Hybrid 500GB OS X 10.9 Apple Cinema Display 27" 2560x1440 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k@4.5 1.25v Gigabyte GA-Z87N-Wifi EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX Samsung 1600 2x4 @ 2133 10,10,10,28,T1 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 256gb SSD OS X Crucial MX200 512GB Windows Corsair H105 Windows 8.1 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks Dell S2417DG Gsync TN Coolermaster Quickfire TK Mechanical Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Prodigy ITX Logitech G502 Asus U3 USB  Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club