Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 1081

post #10801 of 16288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimir View Post

Here some reading about the memory speed in benchmark and real life application. Let just say it's like CPU frequency, the faster the better. Faster in rendering, since it's what you are going to do.
Well the PSU was an HX, I won't suggest anything else but the AX/AXi serie for Corsair PSU. there is different quality of PSU, check this thread and you could ask the OP about any PSU, I'm sure he will suggest one better than I could.
No, the Corsair fan shipped with the H105 are good one, like SP120 without the ring and they are PWM.

Thank you, I will read it. But you're right if it's better for rendering it's the better choice for me.
And if you only made good experiences with the the AX PSU I will trust your advise thumb.gif

And you would only add another fan behind the HDDs and let the other fans stay, correct? I was a little bit worried about the noise and thought it would be better to replace them but if you say it's all right I'm happy to save my money wink.gif
post #10802 of 16288
The R4 comes only with 2 140mm fan, so you could take the back one to put in front. Or get 2x140mm to put in front and use the remaining Fractal one on the door or at the bottom of the case to bring more cool air.
CaseLabs Panda
(29 items)
 
Bench table
(18 items)
 
Fractal White
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960X Rampage V Extreme KFA² GTX 980Ti HOF Watercooled Kingston HyperX HX426C13PB2K4/16 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-32GTZ Kingston v300 Intel SSD 535 EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Nickel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-Coostream XE 360 EK-Vardar F4-120ER EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario (incl. pump) Win10 / Win 8.1 / Win 7 / Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Ducky Channel Shine III MX black - white LED /... Enermax Platimax 1000w dimastech easy v3 
MouseMouse Pad
logitech G9X HyperX 900x400 / Steelseries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
CaseLabs Panda
(29 items)
 
Bench table
(18 items)
 
Fractal White
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960X Rampage V Extreme KFA² GTX 980Ti HOF Watercooled Kingston HyperX HX426C13PB2K4/16 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-32GTZ Kingston v300 Intel SSD 535 EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Nickel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-Coostream XE 360 EK-Vardar F4-120ER EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario (incl. pump) Win10 / Win 8.1 / Win 7 / Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Ducky Channel Shine III MX black - white LED /... Enermax Platimax 1000w dimastech easy v3 
MouseMouse Pad
logitech G9X HyperX 900x400 / Steelseries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10803 of 16288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimir View Post

Here some reading about the memory speed in benchmark and real life application. Let just say it's like CPU frequency, the faster the better. Faster in rendering, since it's what you are going to do.
Well the PSU was an HX, I won't suggest anything else but the AX/AXi serie for Corsair PSU. there is different quality of PSU, check this thread and you could ask the OP about any PSU, I'm sure he will suggest one better than I could.
No, the Corsair fan shipped with the H105 are good one, like SP120 without the ring and they are PWM.

Yeah from running a TX850w since 2010 I've been trying to eliminate noise. The PSU is louder than the other 9 fans in my antec 1200 build. Grabbing the define R4 tomorrow. Save up for a AX860i smile.gif
post #10804 of 16288
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans444 View Post

Yeah from running a TX850w since 2010 I've been trying to eliminate noise. The PSU is louder than the other 9 fans in my antec 1200 build. Grabbing the define R4 tomorrow. Save up for a AX860i smile.gif

I took apart my TX650 and installed the Fractal R4 140mm case fan... I took off the 3 pin connector from the 140mm R4 fan and the 2 pin connector from the PSU fan and switched them. The difference was crazy. It was impossible to hear the fan basically, especially when other components were on, plus it looked awesome. Just food for thought.
post #10805 of 16288
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsWill View Post

I took apart my TX650 and installed the Fractal R4 140mm case fan... I took off the 3 pin connector from the 140mm R4 fan and the 2 pin connector from the PSU fan and switched them. The difference was crazy. It was impossible to hear the fan basically, especially when other components were on, plus it looked awesome. Just food for thought.

SERIOUSLY? haha I took mine apart a few times.. I was wondering what if any fan could replace it. I think the fan inside it runs up to 2000rpm or higher?? I didn't want to fry it but I doubt it will. If this is worth it hell I think I might just have to try it out! I'm buying two noctua fans for the define r4 tomorrow and swapping the PSU fan Thanks for the heads up reminder!! thumb.gif
Edited by beans444 - 2/26/14 at 8:49pm
post #10806 of 16288
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans444 View Post

SERIOUSLY? haha I took mine apart a few times.. I was wondering what if any fan could replace it. I think the fan inside it runs up to 2000rpm or higher?? I didn't want to fry it though but if this is worth it hell I think I might just have to try it out! I'm buying two noctua fans for the define r4 tomorrow and swapping the PSU fan Thanks for the heads up reminder!! thumb.gif

Anytime, and yeah i bought 2 cougar fans for the from to have great intake fans, and used the stock 140mm R4 fan for the exhaust in the back because it's less of a fight with the H100i or my H220 now. But it's enough to exhaust even more hot air without them fighting for the cool air. The Pic with the TX650 was my AMD which i do not own anymore and you can see the TX650 with the Fractal R4 140mm case fan installed. Looks awesome =D.





This is my new build, I switched to intel =O




Oh and also, if you notice in my pictures, i always take out one of the hard drive bays on the fractal R4 and screw it to the mesh on the bottom of the Fractal R4. It literally makes the vibrations of the HD inaudible. I am a silence FREAK, so any little tick drives me insane. That definitely helped a ton and will do it as long as i have a hard drive in my system... Just another tip if you are interested =P.
post #10807 of 16288
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsWill View Post

I took apart my TX650 and installed the Fractal R4 140mm case fan... I took off the 3 pin connector from the 140mm R4 fan and the 2 pin connector from the PSU fan and switched them. The difference was crazy. It was impossible to hear the fan basically, especially when other components were on, plus it looked awesome. Just food for thought.

Nice, I was thinking about that same HD idea. I might try velcro it to something like the wall of the back side panel exposing the bottom but I have to find some good stuff. The velcro I got with some cold cathodes before really sucked!. Heat ruined the glue I guess. Be nice to go all SSD but bills gotta be paid.
post #10808 of 16288
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsWill View Post

Anytime, and yeah i bought 2 cougar fans for the from to have great intake fans, and used the stock 140mm R4 fan for the exhaust in the back because it's less of a fight with the H100i or my H220 now. But it's enough to exhaust even more hot air without them fighting for the cool air. The Pic with the TX650 was my AMD which i do not own anymore and you can see the TX650 with the Fractal R4 140mm case fan installed. Looks awesome =D.

This is my new build, I switched to intel =O

Oh and also, if you notice in my pictures, i always take out one of the hard drive bays on the fractal R4 and screw it to the mesh on the bottom of the Fractal R4. It literally makes the vibrations of the HD inaudible. I am a silence FREAK, so any little tick drives me insane. That definitely helped a ton and will do it as long as i have a hard drive in my system... Just another tip if you are interested =P.

Looks great!
I believe I have seen your build before and your build is the reason why I asked if the HDDs will fit with an EATX, because you havent't used the HDD-cages thumb.gif
For me it's important too to have as less noise as possible. That's the reason, why I thought to use the be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750 PSU, their are build to be quiet out of the box.
Edited by aljbaba - 2/26/14 at 11:37pm
post #10809 of 16288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimir View Post

The R4 comes only with 2 140mm fan, so you could take the back one to put in front. Or get 2x140mm to put in front and use the remaining Fractal one on the door or at the bottom of the case to bring more cool air.

So you wouldn't let the fan at the back?

Can I I ask, why you choose 2 gtx 780ti than one gtx titan for your new project? wink.gif That would be an alternative for me too, maybe now I would buy only one 780ti and the other one in the future, if needed.
post #10810 of 16288
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljbaba View Post

Looks great!
I believe I have seen your build before and your build is the reason why I asked if the HDDs will fit with an EATX, because you havent't used the HDD-cages thumb.gif
For me it's important too to have as less noise as possible. That's the reason, why I thought to use the be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750 PSU, their are build to be quiet out of the box.

Thanks for the compliment =). But I'm not sure of the question you are asking. EATX is bigger than ATX right? So are you asking if it will fit into the Fractal R4? I take out the HDD cages because i want the fans to have a less restrictive path for better air flow. And mount the HDD on the bottom to have 0 vibrations =D. I hear a buzzing from my h220 CPU cooler but i heard that can be fixed by uncapping the fill port and taking out all the air and sealing it with almost full liquid. Not sure if it's worth risking the h220 tho.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club