Originally Posted by Tan1415
I am a first time owner of a Fractal Design case. Just received the Define XL r2. I use corsair normally. But got a great deal.
Wow case is HUGE. Great materials on first sight. But now I notice somethings and one is a bummer.
The upperleft screwhole in the backplate doesnt align correctly. Cant screw the thumbscrew in.With or without the sideplate.Disspapointing.Didnt expect to make use of the FD customer service so soon.
Other things I noticed.
1) The headphone connector is plastic and not metal. How well isolated are they? Will they be susceptible to noise or interference. Looks cheap.
2)The thumbscrews is not so strong or well buiilt. seems bit softer metal than corsairs.
3)The fit seems a bit off. Corsair fit perfect for example. The alignment of screw holes and backplate. The fan button doesnt seem to move/click cleanly.
4)Door can only open onesided.
5) Case is HUGE. Will normal cables be long enough?
Bit concerned about point 1. And hope its a problem with my case only and can fix teh problem.Pretty pissed if I have to delay the build and return the case.
1) The plastic ring wont affect anything. What will is the wires inside the case are prone to EFI, that is with any case. If you want clean sound, you shouldn't use front jack anyway.
2) Thumb screws are fine and like any other case, there is no issues with them.
3) Fit is good with Fractal cases. Fan controller works well ans slides easy to select voltage.
4) It is a standard door
5) That will vary on your power supply
Corsair is not the be all of cases, most of there case are designed to fit only there own products and no one else. They are not the be all of cases, some of them are just not so good, including there own fans.