Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 1160

post #11591 of 16061
Quote:
Originally Posted by contay View Post

So you can't put two 120mm rads on top tubing facing open side(non mobo side) of the case?

There is plenty space on top if height is not an issue somehow. It fits 2x 140mm by default or 2x 120 in various positions, plus you can always create more positions yourself to offset or something. There are 2x 140mm fans centered on top right next to each other with a bit of space in between maybe 1/4" or 5mm.
You can fit 2 with tubing facing left side panel I think there is like 2" on each side roughly looking at it.
Not sure how much or why 120mm or 140mm rads etc. overhang the dimension so I guess they are something like 140x120mm rads (120)? or 260x120mm (240) is better to say when talking about radiators because 120 is 120x120mm and it seems many rads are bigger than these square fan dimensions.
post #11592 of 16061
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

There is plenty space on top if height is not an issue somehow. It fits 2x 140mm by default or 2x 120 in various positions, plus you can always create more positions yourself to offset or something. There are 2x 140mm fans centered on top right next to each other with a bit of space in between maybe 1/4" or 5mm.
You can fit 2 with tubing facing left side panel I think there is like 2" on each side roughly looking at it.
Not sure how much or why 120mm or 140mm rads etc. overhang the dimension so I guess they are something like 140x120mm rads (120)? or 260x120mm (240) is better to say when talking about radiators because 120 is 120x120mm and it seems many rads are bigger than these square fan dimensions.

Actually quoted as 120.2(240) or 140.2(280) When dealing with rads it not so much the rad but the rad and fans or fans. You have to measure the full thickness.
post #11593 of 16061
Well I unpacked R4 yesterday and started moving hardware from R2. And thickness is what worries me. But I keep measuring and post pic or two with current build. Rads will come if sli overheats when mounted. (After I upgrade other rig and get spare Gtx760).
post #11594 of 16061
760s overheat? I would use a side fan to blow on the cards. I don't think 760s are worth water cooling. Something like 290s or 780s can be.
post #11595 of 16061
Gigabytes GTX760 hasn't gone over 65C while gaming. But I am little worried about when there is two of them SLI. I've been thinking Kraken G10 bracket+AiO loop. Of course I try first with best reasonable priced (and not too noisy) case fans to create enough airflow. But it is for later this year/early spring. Still, thanks for help with rad clearance smile.gif

Edit: I just forgot. Side fan should be exhaust for gigabytes cards. Air is pulled from down and pushed sideways away from card. But side fan is not really and option on my current desk, as Case is located next to the wall
Edited by contay - 9/15/14 at 11:41pm
post #11596 of 16061
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

760s overheat? I would use a side fan to blow on the cards. I don't think 760s are worth water cooling. Something like 290s or 780s can be.
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by contay View Post

Gigabytes GTX760 hasn't gone over 65C while gaming. But I am little worried about when there is two of them SLI. I've been thinking Kraken G10 bracket+AiO loop. Of course I try first with best reasonable priced (and not too noisy) case fans to create enough airflow. But it is for later this year/early spring. Still, thanks for help with rad clearance smile.gif

Edit: I just forgot. Side fan should be exhaust for gigabytes cards. Air is pulled from down and pushed sideways away from card. But side fan is not really and option on my current desk, as Case is located next to the wall
You shouldn't be worried at all with that kind of temperature especially not when running the cards in SLI. smile.gif
The Womanizer
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X Corsair Vengance LP 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO Basic 120GB Western Digital Blue 1TB Western Digital Green 4TB Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2311H Corsair Gaming K70 RGB MX Red EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 QPAD 5K Steelseries QcK+ Logitech Z623 
AudioOtherOther
QPAD QH-90 3x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
The Womanizer
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-A Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X Corsair Vengance LP 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO Basic 120GB Western Digital Blue 1TB Western Digital Green 4TB Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2311H Corsair Gaming K70 RGB MX Red EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 QPAD 5K Steelseries QcK+ Logitech Z623 
AudioOtherOther
QPAD QH-90 3x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11597 of 16061
Guess you can call it finished.


[img]
Redefine v2.0
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 2500K Asus maximus IV geneZ gen3 Asus gtx 670 dcuII G-skill ripjawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
ocz vertex 4 Corsair H100 Win 7 Corsair ax850 
Case
Fractal Design define mini 
  hide details  
Reply
Redefine v2.0
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 2500K Asus maximus IV geneZ gen3 Asus gtx 670 dcuII G-skill ripjawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
ocz vertex 4 Corsair H100 Win 7 Corsair ax850 
Case
Fractal Design define mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11598 of 16061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezzor View Post

I agree.
You shouldn't be worried at all with that kind of temperature especially not when running the cards in SLI. smile.gif

I know. But I am worried what temps will be when I set SLI.
post #11599 of 16061
Hi mrrockwell,

can you please tell me, what kind of corsair watercooling did you used?
post #11600 of 16061
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugo67 View Post

Hi mrrockwell,

can you please tell me, what kind of corsair watercooling did you used?

H100i smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club